Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Halloween thread: Favorite Movie Monsters

Destino

^^^ I watched Forbidden Planet when I was 10-11 years old. That movie scared the living hell out of me, especially that last scene with the psycho dude, and the creepy music. ( If I remember correctly, he was trapped in some weird box, and floating in another dimension somewhere.)

I'd have to go with the Jackyl from 13 Ghosts

Jackal.jpg

The Pyramid from the Silent Hill movie/videogame saga ( Very few of the pics are without serious graphic content)

Silent_hill_pyramid_head_by_Fabreeze.jpg

The Balrog (LOTR)

Balrog.jpg

The mutated monster from The Relic ( although certain scenes had it in CGi, there were a fair amount that used animatronics, I miss those days)

relic3.gif

Then of course,this evil sob.

Those may be the best ever IMO. I just watched Aliens a couple weeks ago, and those things still look as real and scary as they did 15 years ago. Ridley Scott and co. really knocked it out of the park.

Overzealous CGI usage is ruining movie monsters.

Those may be the best ever IMO. I just watched Aliens a couple weeks ago, and those things still look as real and scary as they did 15 years ago. Ridley Scott and co. really knocked it out of the park.

Overzealous CGI usage is ruining movie monsters.

I agree, it's annoying as hell. That's why I loved Jurrasic Park, and a lot of the other horror movies that predated the "Everything CGI" era.

An animatronic puppet, especially these days, can be very well done. I watched a few docs on alien abduction type stories, and people were using fake alien puppets, and some of them looked real as hell. One guy asked "Where the hell did you get that?" The guy answered "Hollywood never uses them, so they gave it to me." Or something like that.

The Alien puppets were done 30 years ago. The possibilities are endless on the kind of **** people could pull today, but they Just.Won't. Do It.

I'm sorry but that thing looks too fake and too cartoonishly CGI to be scary.

Actually it's not bad CGI, it's your typical monster CGI, ie. Alien vs.Predator, Cloverfield, etc. ....it's a good flick that will probably be remade here in the US and bomb at the box office just like Ringu was ruined when it was remade as the Ring.

Archived