Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Halloween thread: Favorite Movie Monsters

Destino

I agree, it's annoying as hell. That's why I loved Jurrasic Park, and a lot of the other horror movies that predated the "Everything CGI" era.

An animatronic puppet, especially these days, can be very well done. I watched a few docs on alien abduction type stories, and people were using fake alien puppets, and some of them looked real as hell. One guy asked "Where the hell did you get that?" The guy answered "Hollywood never uses them, so they gave it to me." Or something like that.

The Alien puppets were done 30 years ago. The possibilities are endless on the kind of **** people could pull today, but they Just.Won't. Do It.

simple case study. Original Star Wars trilogy versus prequel trilogy. The aliens and creatures in the original looked (with a couple exceptions) better than the crap they put out in the prequels decades later.

Or Look at JC version of The Thing and then the prequel to The Things Special effects. The 82 film blows the new one away.

How about james Camerons Aliens or Ridleys Alien.

The Alien looks worse as the newer films have come out because they started using CG a ton.

Or Look at JC version of The Thing and then the prequel to The Things Special effects. The 82 film blows the new one away.

How about james Camerons Aliens or Ridleys Alien.

The Alien looks worse as the newer films have come out because they started using CG a ton.

I agree with you and Poker. The Queen in Aliens is one of the creepiest things I've ever seen, but in AVP, I could barely contain my laughter during the chase scene when it's trying to kill Sanaa Lathan.

It looked like a Final Fantasy cutscene. Now of course, I will make an exception on some monsters such as the Balrog in the Fellowship Of The Ring, because of how well it was done, but 9/10 times, I'm leaning towards 2D.

---------- Post added October-25th-2011 at 09:22 PM ----------

good choice toothfairy.

Darkness Falls is probably one of the most underrated "Kill 'em one by one" horror movies of the last 10-15 years, mainly because it centers around chiildrens folklore, but also because that thing was ****ing amazingly terrifying. One of the best scenes comes when it enters a little boys bedroom, is spotted, and hides. Little Johnny runs into Daddy's room, and tells him theres a monster in there, only for Daddy to go in there, and find jack ****.

Coast clear? I think not. After pops turns off the lights, the camera slowly pans upwards, and the damn thing is hiding right above the door, porcelain mask and all. Epic. A lot of people got theirs in that movie.

Archived