Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Florio: "Redskins believe Hightower has torn ACL"

DeadExField

My thoughts exactly.

I thought it was a torn ACL the moment I saw it. :(

While I really want to see what the leading Penn State rusher can do in our offense it bothers me that THT was in a contract year and we might have seen his last play as a Redskins. I hope not but that is the risk of playing the game. I hope he gets better soon.

Im going to duck and hide after saying this, but do we at least bring portis in for a look to see if he is in shape as a third down back? he knows the offense and can block and will prob work for cheap.

Love CP but I hope not. If THT is going on IR the move to make imo is not to bring in a run down CP but to bring Royster up from the PS, make Torain the first and second down back and continue to use Helu as the change of pace 3rd down RB. Royster is the career rushing leader at Penn State and someone I want to see used in the offense. I think he would be a more productive player for us then CP this year. If CP had anything left in the tank I believe he would have been signed when he visited Seattle who doesn't have much of anything at RB and they didn't sign him

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2011/08/31/report-clinton-portis-to-work-out-for-seahawks/

He as they said was run until his wheels fell off and they are off make no mistake

so hightower torn ACL most likely, moss out for 3-4 minimum, cooley out 4-6. call me a dick, but these injuries are a blessing in disguise. this is going to force us to start guys like paul, hankerson, helu, royster, all of the kids. we need to see what these guys can do to see who is a keeper.

we arent competing for jack this year so we need to spend the rest of the year evaluating everybody and anybody for this franchise, and go from there next year.

:point2sky:point2sky:applause::applause::applause:

so hightower torn ACL most likely, moss out for 3-4 minimum, cooley out 4-6. call me a dick, but these injuries are a blessing in disguise. this is going to force us to start guys like paul, hankerson, helu, royster, all of the kids. we need to see what these guys can do to see who is a keeper.

we arent competing for jack this year so we need to spend the rest of the year evaluating everybody and anybody for this franchise, and go from there next year.

You are absolutely right. I have been wondering about Helu specifically. Anybody know anything about his ability to catch and run? I think Hightower is missed though for his blocking ability and he looked sharp yesterday. Hankerson and Paul just have not had the playing time. I like this idea a lot.

Tim Hightower is a good back and super great character guy we need in that locker room...BRING HIM BACK!!!!!!

We can get rid of IMHO...Landry, Rocky, DHall, Cooley, Grossman, Gaffney, Armstrong and....Moss...oh and Doughty and Kareem Moore can go to...

Hilarious. Keep the above-average RB with the ACL injury, get rid of a probowl-caliber safety, good #2 CB, and our only deep threat...oh, and our only dependable, decent WR in Moss.

I'm not saying we shouldn't give Hightower a shot next year. I'm saying that the rest of your post was ridiculous, as a whole.

Tim Hightower is a good back and super great character guy we need in that locker room...BRING HIM BACK!!!!!!

We can get rid of IMHO...Landry, Rocky, DHall, Cooley, Grossman, Gaffney, Armstrong and....Moss...oh and Doughty and Kareem Moore can go to...

Fan's get so pissed when you say trade Landry but I agree. I also want to get rid of DHall, Grossman, Doughtry and Moore. Gaffney let's play him more and really see what we have there. He is a toss up for me.

Now Moss I want to keep. I want a prime time receiver though. No way he should be number 1. In fact he would be number 2 or 3 in any other offense. How about we tempt Randy Moss out of retirement?

Tim Hightower. Blocks. Runs well most of the time. Can catch the ball too. Great utility with him. Hell yeah we keep him.

Hilarious. Keep the above-average RB with the ACL injury, get rid of a probowl-caliber safety, good #2 CB, and our only deep threat...oh, and our only dependable, decent WR in Moss.

I'm not saying we shouldn't give Hightower a shot next year. I'm saying that the rest of your post was ridiculous, as a whole.

I'm really not sure if Hall qualifies as a "good" #2 CB, but he's also gonna make about 7 mil next year, which is money that should only go to top-notch CBs. And his release fee is almost nothing. So any sane franchise would be looking to dump him this offseason. Just sayin'.

Let's just use Torain the rest of the year and keep Helu fresh for the future. Work him in slowly, off the bench in the second half.

With all these injuries, and I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but I wish we were 0-6. I'd rather be in the running for Luck than meandering our way to a 7-9 record.

Let's just use Torain the rest of the year and keep Helu fresh for the future. Work him in slowly, off the bench in the second half.

With all these injuries, and I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but I wish we were 0-6. I'd rather be in the running for Luck than meandering our way to a 7-9 record.

couldnt agree more. winning those first two games are going to haunt us come next april.

I'm really not sure if Hall qualifies as a "good" #2 CB, but he's also gonna make about 7 mil next year, which is money that should only go to top-notch CBs. And his release fee is almost nothing. So any sane franchise would be looking to dump him this offseason. Just sayin'.

Not really, considering what we have behind him. We need a real #1 CB. Hall and Wilson are great #2/3 CB's.

couldnt agree more. winning those first two games are going to haunt us come next april.

They certainly won't help. But at this point I honestly don't see as we're out of the running for any draft position.

The Rams are capable of getting to three or four wins, and everyone else bar the Colts and Dolphins are picking up wins here and there.

Luck's still a long shot, but I've not ruled us out of being in a position to draft him by a long chalk.

Hail.

They certainly won't help. But at this point I honestly don't see as we're out of the running for any draft position.

The Rams are capable of getting to three or four wins, and everyone else bar the Colts and Dolphins are picking up wins here and there.

Luck's still a long shot, but I've not ruled us out of being in a position to draft him by a long chalk.

Hail.

haha the only win i see on the dolphins schedule? us.

haha the only win i see on the dolphins schedule? us.

Yeah, like I said, it's still a long shot given how bad Miami is. Indy has been showing some signs of life recently outside of Monday nights disgrace.

I really feel for Luck if he ends up in South Florida. He'll be another Marino. All the World class talent going with nothing to show for it at the end of his career. If I was him, I'd be talking to teams and pulling an Eli. I'd take the scorn to save going to that disaster.

Either that or I'd stay in school another year. Anything has to be better than a life of underachievement in Miami.

Hail.

Yeah, like I said, it's still a long shot given how bad Miami is. Indy has been showing some signs of life recently outside of Monday nights disgrace.

I really feel for Luck if he ends up in South Florida. He'll be another Marino. All the World class talent with nothing to show for it at the end of his career. If I was him, I'd be talking to teams and pulling an Eli. I'd take the scorn to save going to the disaster.

Hail.

the bigger question for miami is, who the hell is going to be their coach? is there any "hot" coach out there? ex NFL guys? cowher is the only one i can think of but not sure he wants to go to miami.

the bigger question for miami is, who the hell is going to be their coach? is there any "hot" coach out there? ex NFL guys? cowher is the only one i can think of but not sure he wants to go to miami.

A college guy happy for his shot in the pro's is the best I can envisage right now. Cowher won't entertain that dysfunctional **** storm.

Geez, Ross and his celeb minority ownership make Jerruh, Snyder and the later day Al Davis look like picture book owners.

Hail.

Archived