Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Florio: "Redskins believe Hightower has torn ACL"

DeadExField

I saw a twitter from the redskins trainers they believe it is a tore ACL.

Man, this is bad. I'm hoping this names Helu the starter though. I really think he deserves his shot...

I think Helu was going to get his shot, but its not like Helu has been here for 5 years and hasn't had an opportunity. Regardless of the injury to Hightower, I believe we were grooming Helu to someday take the reigns as the primary back. Now he is pretty much all we have if we want to think about breaking one and on 3rd down...

so hightower torn ACL most likely, moss out for 3-4 minimum, cooley out 4-6. call me a dick, but these injuries are a blessing in disguise. this is going to force us to start guys like paul, hankerson, helu, royster, all of the kids. we need to see what these guys can do to see who is a keeper.

we arent competing for jack this year so we need to spend the rest of the year evaluating everybody and anybody for this franchise, and go from there next year.

so hightower torn ACL most likely, moss out for 3-4 minimum, cooley out 4-6. call me a dick, but these injuries are a blessing in disguise. this is going to force us to start guys like paul, hankerson, helu, royster, all of the kids. we need to see what these guys can do to see who is a keeper.

we arent competing for jack this year so we need to spend the rest of the year evaluating everybody and anybody for this franchise, and go from there next year.

agree with you for the most part, but hightower is in his third year in the league isn't he? it's not like he's on his last legs

I understand what you're saying. Can't say I disagree, either.

agree with you for the most part, but hightower is in his third year in the league isn't he? it's not like he's on his last legs

this is his 4th year in the league. however this was a contract year for him, he wasnt that impressive and now with a torn ACL he is not worth resigning. nice guy, but this is a business, its time to move on if its an ACL.

i hope the shanahans look long and hard at finding a legit RB threat this offseason. i know anyone works in their system, but itd be nice to have a real starter.

this is his 4th year in the league. however this was a contract year for him, he wasnt that impressive and now with a torn ACL he is not worth resigning. nice guy, but this is a business, its time to move on if its an ACL.

i hope the shanahans look long and hard at finding a legit RB threat this offseason. i know anyone works in their system, but itd be nice to have a real starter.

i think it would be a cold day in hell before the shanahans look for a legit RB threat. a big part of their reputation is finding a nobody that works in their system

Edit - also, I would have rather the injury been to Gaffney instead of Moss. Moss is still productive at this point in his career, and I'd like to see the young guys over Gaffney

i think it would be a cold day in hell before the shanahans look for a legit RB threat. a big part of their reputation is finding a nobody that works in their system

Edit - also, I would have rather the injury been to Gaffney instead of Moss. Moss is still productive at this point in his career, and I'd like to see the young guys over Gaffney

gaffney sucks. hes been bad for a few weeks and today was the nail in the coffin. another 30 year old vet thats bounced around and is a decent #4 or #5, but hardly a #2 in this league.

and if they are gonna neglect the position, at least find a kid thats a project but can run a 4.3x 40. we need speed. even helu doesnt look as fast as what i see from around the league. did you watch demarco murray today? that kid can run.

You're such a dick.

Thanks. I've been wanting to say that forever.

:)

No, but I do agree with you. Lets see what the youngins got! I'd especially like to see Helu get the bulk of the carries for a full game.

You're such a dick.

Thanks. I've been wanting to say that forever.

:)

No, but I do agree with you. Lets see what the youngins got! I'd especially like to see Helu get the bulk of the carries for a full game.

haha you could have said it for a number of posts for the last 5 years, you didnt need an invitation! lol

but yes, this is good news for us in the long run. this is going to force the youngsters into starting action.

i really hope next week our starting 5 WR are Paul, Hank, Austin, Gaffney, and (insert whoever here).

Archived