Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Florio: "Redskins believe Hightower has torn ACL"

DeadExField

They certainly won't help. But at this point I honestly don't see as we're out of the running for any draft position.

The Rams are capable of getting to three or four wins, and everyone else bar the Colts and Dolphins are picking up wins here and there.

Luck's still a long shot, but I've not ruled us out of being in a position to draft him by a long chalk.

Hail.

Haven't seen the Colts schedule, but seeing as how they had always been very good every year, it can't be that easy. It would be tough as hell to envision them winning more than one game.

A college guy happy for his shot in the pro's is the best I can envisage right now. Cowher won't entertain that dysfunctional **** storm.

Geez, Ross and his celeb minority ownership make Jerruh, Snyder and the later day Al Davis look like picture book owners.

Hail.

i wanna see J-Lo and Marc Antony in the war room on draft day.

Then you take his cap space and use it to sign a real CB. Wasting a ton of cap room on a mediocrity is flat-out bad management.

Oh, if its possible, definitely. I was more taking the route of "an elite CB won't just fall into our laps, and I don't want to draft one".

---------- Post added October-24th-2011 at 03:03 PM ----------

Damn...Moss out 5-7 weeks, Hightower with a definite ACL injury...no news as to how bad yet.

Russellmania980 Chris Russell

Shanahan confirms ACL for Hightower, Santana out 5-7 weeks, London hamstring pull, undetermined

Why can't this team ever get anything going? This is awful. Just when they look decent they get all these ACL's tearing and people breaking hands and fingers. I really can't see us getting much better unless these rookies surprise everyone.

wow so moss out 5-7 weeks? that could be a season ender. and hightower is gone.

i hope helu starts getting 15-20 carries a week. hes big enough and we need to see if he can carry the load for a little bit.

If we're sitting at 6-9 come week 16, I really hope Moss doesn't come in and secure a useless victory. Just shut him down in a few weeks if its not looking good.

Russellmania980 Chris Russell

Shanahan confirms ACL for Hightower, Santana out 5-7 weeks, London hamstring pull, undetermined

Why can't this team ever get anything going? This is awful. Just when they look decent they get all these ACL's tearing and people breaking hands and fingers. I really can't see us getting much better unless these rookies surprise everytong.

hmmm.... I'm a pretty optimistic fan, but the injuries this year (if not one of the many other problems we have) likely have done us in. If this were going to happen I wish it would have happened sooner so we could be in a better position in the offseason.

Oh well. Let's see what Helu, Royster, Austin, Paul, Hankerson, etc can do. We'll get a franchise QB this year even if it's not Andrew Luck.

If we're sitting at 6-9 come week 16, I really hope Moss doesn't come in and secure a useless victory. Just shut him down in a few weeks if its not looking good.

If we're sitting at 6-9 come week 16, i hope we sit him because his time on this team should be all but done. I love Santana, but we need to get younger and more explosive on offense. Activating him would only be taking reps from someone who needs them.

---------- Post added October-24th-2011 at 02:18 PM ----------

We're not the only team with injuries to starters. This is the nature of the NFL. look at the Giants, the Packers last season. Its all about next man up.

If we're sitting at 6-9 come week 16, i hope we sit him because his time on this team should be all but done. I love Santana, but we need to get younger and more explosive on offense. Activating him would only be taking reps from someone who needs them.

True, that might be what it comes to.

I agree with you, too, GHH. Especially if we pick up another WR in FA next year, which I really think we need to do. With Moss and Gaffney out of the picture, we can pick up a guy like Bowe, and Paul/Hankerson/Austin will still get plenty of playing time and looks, and we'd have actual young, talented depth, as well as a real #1 WR, with ZERO over-the-hill guys taking the reps. That could really help out our new franchise QB.

I agree with you, too, GHH. Especially if we pick up another WR in FA next year, which I really think we need to do. With Moss and Gaffney out of the picture, we can pick up a guy like Bowe, and Paul/Hankerson/Austin will still get plenty of playing time and looks, and we'd have actual young, talented depth, as well as a real #1 WR, with ZERO over-the-hill guys taking the reps. That could really help out our new franchise QB.

That 2012 Draft thread is going to get more and more popular, lol!

Cooley, Moss, Hightower. Trent, Fletch....thinkgs are looking nasty. With Torain's prior inability to stay healthy, Helu may be getting a lot of reps. I sure do not like the idea of wearing him down, but may not have an option. He is a better change of pace back. Hankerson, Paul and Austin should get some looks as well as Paulsen.

I still say that Banks is not the same runner as he was since the knee as well. AJ is also having problems staying on the field and Laron is off of a big injury. A team in trouble at 3-3 with ever expanding holes in almost all critical areas of the game without a franchise QB certainly poses serious questions about the season and about some of these players future,

We had a good draft this year and hopefully can do the same thing again as it looks like we will need every pick we can get to start plugging some positions. The season is NOT over at game six, but the outlook is somewhat less optimistic than it was several weeks ago.

Hail

wow so moss out 5-7 weeks? that could be a season ender. and hightower is gone.

i hope helu starts getting 15-20 carries a week. hes big enough and we need to see if he can carry the load for a little bit.

Yes...I hope we see Helu (with Torain maybe spelling him), Paul, Austin, and maybe even Hankerson at times. Those guys plus Young, Davis, and Paulsen give you a crop of relatively young players that might be vying for complementary roles on the future of this offense (other than Davis and Young who should be good enough to start for a while).

Let's not forget the speedster Aldrick Robinson who hopefully will make the step up from practice squad to active roster next year.

That's a pretty talented looking young group to develop, with Bowe the senior only 28 if that came off.

Hail.

Yeah, with offense already our weakness, all of these injuries just kill this season.

Although, one plus is that the younger, hungrier, faster guys will be on the field. Big plays might just happen where they wouldn't have with the "safe" veteran starters.

---------- Post added October-24th-2011 at 03:27 PM ----------

Let's not forget the speedster Aldrick Robinson who hopefully will make the step up from practice squad to active roster next year.

That's a pretty talented looking young group to develop, with Bowe the senior only 28 if that came off.

Hail.

I could be wrong, but isn't Bowe 26 right now, meaning he'd be 27? Again, I might not know what the hell I'm talking about ;) And good call on Robinson, I forget about him sometimes.

Just seems prudent to spend our draft resources on a QB and OL, and depth, and just sign a true #1 WR for our rookie QB.

Yes...I hope we see Helu (with Torain maybe spelling him), Paul, Austin, and maybe even Hankerson at times. Those guys plus Young, Davis, and Paulsen give you a crop of relatively young players that might be vying for complementary roles on the future of this offense (other than Davis and Young who should be good enough to start for a while).

Hopefully Royster now will get the chance to stake his claim for 2012 and beyond as this season rolls.

If Helu and Royster really come to the fore, that's a pretty nice selection headache between them, THT and Torrain next summer.

Hail.

Hopefully Royster now will get the chance to stake his claim for 2012 and beyond as this season rolls.

If Helu and Royster really come to the fore, that's a pretty nice selection headache between them, THT and Torrain next summer.

Hail.

If Royster does anything of note, either Hightower or Torain is gone - I gotta think it's Torain. I doubt we keep 4 RBs next year.

Hail.

Yes, the more 2011 draft picks we can confirm belong on the team, the better that draft will look. So far, Helu, Kerrigan, Nield, and Jenkins seem to be locks with Paul looking promising. If we can get some confirmation on Royster and Hankerson, it would be nice.

Hail.

forgot about robinson. dude ran a 4.35 40, we should get him on the field somehow.

Archived