Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are we always the cure for a struggling team?

ChicagoRedskinsFan

In the past few years we've helped teams like the Lions and Rams break losing streaks when they could beat no one else. The Eagles are more talented but have had everything go wrong lately, including 4 interceptions by Vick last week. But magically this week those would-be turnovers turn into big plays for the Eagles while also getting 4 interceptions off the skins. If you've watched this team over the years, you had to suspect a date with the Redskins was just what the Eagles needed to get things turned around quickly - but why do we always have to be right? At least we had a few weeks to enjoy this season before having our fears confirmed that this is the same old Redskins.

In the past few years we've helped teams like the Lions and Rams break losing streaks when they could beat no one else. The Eagles are more talented but have had everything go wrong lately, including 4 interceptions by Vick last week. But magically this week those would-be turnovers turn into big plays for the Eagles while also getting 4 interceptions off the skins. If you've watched this team over the years, you had to suspect a date with the Redskins was just what the Eagles needed to get things turned around quickly - but why do we always have to be right? At least we had a few weeks to enjoy this season before having our fears confirmed that this is the same old Redskins.

I agree with almost everything you said. This has driven me crazy over the years knowing that the same team that smoked the Giants in week 1 is the same team that was going to be exactly what the Eagles needed this week. I have seen it for years and it is one of the most frustrating things about being a Skin's fan.

What I don't agree with is that this is the same old Skin's. Lots of young guys, new schemes, ans front office and they are only in year two. we thought we were further along than we are, but I still love the direction the franchise is headed. Unfortunately it is going to take more time than any of us really want, but it is headed in the right direction.

Well get ready for another one next Sunday.

We always have and always will play down to our opponents record and end up on the wrong side of the win column.

Might as well give the entire roster the week off as we'll be ill prepared for the struggling Panthers.

Whats the point of practice and game planning when you dont take teams seriously?

Players cant motivate themselves and the coaches cant do it for them.

Just keep collecting game checks and care less about the outcomes.

WE are a struggling team. It's been like that for a while. Outside of the collective Redskins fans, the NFL fans see us as a bad team. Bengals and Rams low, we are those kind of teams.

We just have a large and passionate fanbase which gives the illusion like we are a better team, because in the NFL the better teams have the bigger fanbase.

Because we give hope. We are where bad teams go to turn things around.

That's only slightly facetious.

We just have no killer instinct. We get a team on the schedule that is battered and on the verge of collapse and instead of dropping a safe on them we stand them up, brush the dust off them and fall on our own sword.

Maddening.

It's absolutely the most frustrating thing about this team. It's so much more than just a game lost. I heard a guy on TV saying he fully expects the Eagles to now be 4-4 at the halfway point and right back in it. Not out of the question at all.

Thanks to us.

Cowboys would be 1-4 right now and in similar turmoil.

If not for us.

And of course we already did our due diligence for the Giants back in '07, letting them off the hook and allowing them to get another SB trophy.

It's really mind-boggling and mind-numbingly frustrating and humiliating. Year after freakin' year.

It is pretty simple to me. The records for these two teams should have been flipped because the Eagles were more like the 3 and 1 team and the Redkins were more like the 1 and 4 team. The only win we had this year that was impressive was the Giants. The other two could easily have been losses against bad teams I might add. Our offense is absolutely awful. I cannot tell you if it is quarterback, recievers, offensive line or coaching but make no mistake about it, we are awful. 1 for 10 on third down conversions today. 19.2 average points per game, ranked 24th in the NFL. 42 yards rushing today on a team that has been gashed all year long. I could go on. With these kind of statistics, anybody in the NFL can get healed on you. If you score an average of 19 points, in todays NFL no team is ever out of the game. When you are 1 for 10 on first downs you put tremendous pressure on your defense. For those of you licking your chops thinking we are going to get well on the Panthers, no so fast. We dont play well against bad teams. Until this offense gets better, and I just dont see what is going to change to make that happen, this team is going to struggle and disappoint its fans.

It's absolutely the most frustrating thing about this team. It's so much more than just a game lost. I heard a guy on TV saying he fully expects the Eagles to now be 4-4 at the halfway point and right back in it. Not out of the question at all.

Thanks to us.

Yep I wrote about this last week. We let the Giants off the hook in 2007 and we let the Eagles off the hook today. We could have snuffed them out today but we did'nt and not surprising because this franchise has not stepped up in a big game in years that had any meaning. Eagles will win this division now. Book it.

Cowboys would be 1-4 right now and in similar turmoil.

If not for us.

And of course we already did our due diligence for the Giants back in '07, letting them off the hook and allowing them to get another SB trophy.

It's really mind-boggling and mind-numbingly frustrating and humiliating. Year after freakin' year.

Archived