Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are we always the cure for a struggling team?

ChicagoRedskinsFan

I swear I've been saying this for the past few seasons. Its nice to see an improvement overall in our team after so many years, but WHY must a team always use us as a stepping stone to better their season? I am gonna puke right now watching all these analysts talking about the Eagles "turning it around" now that they beat us.

Uh, despite their record, the Eagles are an extremely talented team, folks. Although they had a rocky first half, our defense did a fantastic job this time around against them. This is the same team that scored 50-some-odd points against up last year.

The one thing I won't be apologetic for is the offense, or the offensive coordinator. Grossman turned in an absolutely piss-poor performance this afternoon and he really has no one to blame but himself. But this is what happens when you have to revamp your defense and thus have to spend all of your important draft picks and cap space to acquire the right pieces. Things are turning around, guys, and Shanahan will more than likely spend this upcoming offseason on acquiring the right pieces for our offense.

Mark my words: if things keep progressing the way they are, we're going to be perennial division winners in two years (hell, we'll probably even get a wild-card spot next year) for at least a decade.

Because we give hope. We are where bad teams go to turn things around.

That's only slightly facetious.

We just have no killer instinct. We get a team on the schedule that is battered and on the verge of collapse and instead of dropping a safe on them we stand them up, brush the dust off them and fall on our own sword.

Maddening.

That is the thing that mediocrity from greatness. The killer instinct is the most important "intangible" quality a team can have. This is a violent sport and you need to go into each game with a Chuck Bednarik-like attitude that you're going to murder someone (and in the case of Bednarik, he almost did).

That's what separates the Pats and Packers (and their ilk) from us. We have class on our team, but they just don't have that killer instinct yet. When they develop it, the Redskins will be great again.

Well for one we always stink on one side of the ball,most of the time, it's offense, where we are clearly devoid of talent at QB, WR and Oline.

We always put the talent we do acquire on D and neglect QB,WR and Oline.

This always puts us in a position where we ask our D to do the impossible: pitch shut outs and hope our offense lucks up and scores.

This has been the formula here for what seems like forever.

I thought Haslett and the D made very good adjustments in the second half and did a great job but as usual our offense did nothing. They probably couldn't score on Alabama or LSU.

We're bad and we have a long way to go.

I really felt that this team was starting right the ship and believe in a lot of ways they still are. But until we have a quarterback that looks like some one who can spread the ball/field we are going to be one dimension and a maybe an 8-8 team.

Rex Grossman looks like he is just trying to get the ball out of his hands to either please the head coach/ keep his job, or is a loser with a cowards mentality that just wants get rid of it because there is a bunch of big dudes chasing him and he can't handle the pressure.

In the past few years we've helped teams like the Lions and Rams break losing streaks when they could beat no one else. The Eagles are more talented but have had everything go wrong lately, including 4 interceptions by Vick last week. But magically this week those would-be turnovers turn into big plays for the Eagles while also getting 4 interceptions off the skins. If you've watched this team over the years, you had to suspect a date with the Redskins was just what the Eagles needed to get things turned around quickly - but why do we always have to be right? At least we had a few weeks to enjoy this season before having our fears confirmed that this is the same old Redskins.

Q: Why are we always the cure for a struggling team?

A: Because we suck

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 09:23 PM ----------

Great game redskins!

Not!

E-a-g-l-e-s- eagles!

Hey ******* .... eat ****

as much as I love my Skins I swear I think we're cursed!!

The curse on our franchise was started in the parking lot of the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome after Super Bowl XXVI during a protest of the name "Redskins". It has been downhill after the win over the Bills.

Because we give hope. We are where bad teams go to turn things around.

That's only slightly facetious.

We just have no killer instinct. We get a team on the schedule that is battered and on the verge of collapse and instead of dropping a safe on them we stand them up, brush the dust off them and fall on our own sword.

Maddening.

BINGO! You said it. No killer instinct whatsoever. Been that way really, since Synder bought the team. Especially defensively.

Im not too displeased.

I saw a defense hang in there that should of been completely gassed and spent by the end of the game. They made proper adjustments and held off the eagles offense in the 2nd half.

4 interceptions and won by 7 points? Thats not too promising for them.

Our missing link is the offense. Beck was not in long, and hasn't been practicing with the first team, and he was able to produce points. That 10 yard scramble? I had forgotten how nice that was to have on the team.

I'm not saying Beck is the answer, but Im saying this team is very close to turning things around. Lock in our defense. Make an addition or two next year, including Jenkins being back.. and work on that offense. Get a QB that is a leader and who is capable, and the Redskins will take off.

A QB, and a couple of O-lineman.

Redskins are very close.

And we are always the team that gives players their 'firsts' or gives them records or break-out games. Like first Int or TD of their career or first, 100 yard rushing game of the season, or first time a team gets 200 rush yards or some random stat. Teams always dumps on us.

We should not expect to win any game. We think we have better players a lot of the time but don't. We could not match the Eagles speed just like last year. How many of our new players can keep up with vick, jackson and mccoy. NONE. Our defense is clearly improved but the QB position is always talked about as the most important. We do not have a QB that is mentioned among the best and therefore we will struggle in most cases. Our most important off season need is a quality QB. HTTR of old.

Archived