Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody else really relieved after this game?

Malcomb Kelly's Knees

It really doesn't matter to me who plays QB, both these guys are about the same. Yes Grossman had a bad game today, but we couldn't get anything going with the run game. Also the dropped passed killed Grossman and Beck. I wouldn't be surprised if Beck starts next week, we have to get our running game going and have our receivers not drop so many passes to win games.

Grossman was averaging almost 2 turnovers per game prior to today. Anyone not relieved he's not our starter anymore is delusional.

Shame it took this loss for Shanny to finally understanding that Rex is not our guy.

Is Beck our guy for the future, probably not but he can't be any worse than what we've started so far.

Actually I was discussing this with others and for the redskins to take a shot like they did in the first half and still make a game of it in the second says a lot. Rex thew 4ints, the running game was horrible, the eagles were playing well, everything was stacked against us. Usually they would roll over and let the other team pound them for another half.

The good:

1. Beck played reasonably well for a guy who hasn't taken a snap in game time conditions since pre-season. He was nervous and a little tentative on the first few downs, and it took him a while to start throwing strikes. But it looked better as it went along.

2. Beck did it when the Iggles knew the Skins weren't going to try and run the ball. That's encouraging.

3. Beck showed he has maneuverability in the pocket, scrambling for a first down and scoring on a planned QB draw.

4. We have the rest of the season to try Beck by fire. If he turns out better than expected, then we don't have to spend a top draft pick on QB and can go after OL and CB. If he tanks, then the team looks for a QB. Easy choice. We know Grossman is not the answer. (And neither is Garrard, BTW.)

5. The lack of depth on the OL is going to put a spotlight on how much the Skins need to groom some quality OL. The Skins are still building and need some other stud OL that can come in and take over when the first string goes down. Just like 2008, the coaches will see this. Unlike 2009, the Skins will take care of the deficiency though the draft instead of ignoring this weakness completely like the Vinny-led Skins did.

The bad:

1, Grossman's entire game.

2. Lichtensteiger and WIlliams injuries.

3. Cooley's injury.

4. The dropped passes. The early ones by Beck were off-target, too low to be caught. I expect him to be more accurate next wek now that he some game legs. In the WR's defense, Beck throws the ball hotter than Grossman. It's an adjustment that will be made.

Relieved? Not really. The OL has been paper thin all year and now we get to see what that lack of depth is going to do to the Skins. I expect Williams to be out two weeks. Carolina is not a gimme, but it's better playing them than New England with two OL out. Glad to see Beck and glad that the management will see how bad the second string OL is. But I'm not relieved to see the Skins going with second string OL. I expect the offense to suffer now the same way it did after Zorn's 6-2 start. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see a good offense after losing 2/5ths of the OL.

I'm not relieved we lost but I am upset that we lost KL for the year and TW for at least 2-4 weeks. I feel bad for Rex he seems like a nice guy,it would've been good to see him succeed.

If Beck becomes the starting qb I will wish him well. Maybe this will place a greater emphasis on running the ball which I think is our best bet.

Unlike BMitch David Garrad is not a solution for us, we'll draft a qb and have a better future.

The drops by receivers needs to be corrected in pratice this week.

Once again the Defense showed up BIG for us and I'm really proud of them for not getting down when they were struggling,same for the rest of the team THE REDSKINS kept trying.

Next up Carolina...I think we'll bounce back strong.

The good:

Relieved? Not really. The OL has been paper thin all year and now we get to see what that lack of depth is going to do to the Skins. I expect Williams to be out two weeks. Carolina is not a gimme. Glad to see Beck and glad that the management will see how bad the second string OL is. But I'm not relieved to see the Skins going with second string OL. I expect the offense to suffer now the same way it did after Zorn's 6-2 start. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see a good offense after losing 2/5ths of the OL.

Great post. The lack of depth on the OL is truly the source of our curse here in DC. It doesn't matter who the coaches are, who the QB is, who's at HB.....if you're not confident in your backups along the line, you're playing with fire in such a physical league.

And sadly....after Steiger got hurt, this offense really did resemble Jim Zorn's teams. The caving-in of the OL from the center is a staple of the offense. Looked a little better with Beck at least. Maybe it'll be OK? lol

Skinsfan4life7 is correct. Our receivers dropped many passes today from Beck and Grossman. Look I think this team is a vast improvement from over the years. But we are now down two at O line. You can't run without holes and we got guy's dropping passes;

I am hoping that Beck due to his mobility will offer a bit more. Quickness. Would like to see more screens, draws, slants. Speed it up more. I thought Beck made some great reads seeing he came in rusty.. Again the drops hurt.

I do not know why anyone thought the rest of our schedule was easy? I have heard it on NFL network and I am like what the hell? This is a tough row to how folks. But I will tell you what. If Beck can move the ball the way I think he can ( guys cannot drop the passes), and we get our run game in gear we could have a helluva run here.

My biggest conern is our injuries on the O line. We will know who the Skins are for sure after the next three games.

Honestly, we need a real QB... I think that is obvious Grossman/Beck is not the answer, however another thing that jumped out at me was the need for a big, strong WR...

A few of those passes to Gaffney and Davis would have been caught by a Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitz, kinda guy.... I know these guys are rare, but I think someone who at least has the large frame/hands and ability to wrestle and win the ball from smaller DBs is a HUGE need....

Maybe its Hank eventually, but I wont hold my breath......

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 06:18 PM ----------

My biggest conern is our injuries on the O line. We will know who the Skins are for sure after the next three games.

How much more proof do we need? I think we know who this team is, at least I do... a mediocre at best team.... but we do have SOME of the pieces in place.... still missing a few key pieces, mostly on offense

I for one thought that Grossman would respond to the criticism by playing well today. WRONG!

I am really glad that Rex made the decision easy. And it happened during the 5th game! A 3-2 record is fine at this point, we are really fortunate to be there given the QB play. Our defense won two very games that should not have been close, except for Grossman's mistakes. Even the Dallas loss was due to a Grossman error.

Our defense was very stout today, especially in the 2nd half. We do not need Beck to be great to win, just good enough to put up points and not turn the ball over. With our excellent punter and defense we will win many games if we can eliminate turnovers.

Excited to see what we can do with Beck at the helm.

It was going happen sooner or later, unless Grossman fans somehow believe that aliens came in and body snatched the dude that was in Rex's body and replaced him with someone who consistently makes good decisions.

While Beckman isn't great right now, he at least has the potential to be lots better. I AM happy that we are starting to look at Grossman through the rearview mirror as our starter. Hopefully its permanent after this, but if not, it will happen soon.

We (many of us) ALWAYS knew that Grossman was never the ultimate answer, now we can see if Beckman is.

Not relived at all. Even with the Cowturds losing. Seen this same scenario crap for the last ten or more years. A 1-4 team desperate to win and our Skins oblige them. Don't give a damn if its in the division doesn't matter. Rex stinks. Play calling by Kyle is ridiculous. Beck has to start next week.

I have this feeling this loss is the start of our regular season regression. Damn a rebuilding not like this man.

Relived? No..we lost. This fan base is pathetic sometimes. We ****ing lost. There are no moral victories, no positive losses, etc, etc. You think Beck is any better? Grossman is the lesser of two evils.

do i think beck is better than 4 interceptions?

yes, yes i do.

grossman is turning the ball over more than twice a game and can't get out of his own way with pressure.

beck may not be a world beater, but grossman is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league.

do i think beck is better than 4 interceptions?

yes, yes i do.

grossman is turning the ball over more than twice a game and can't get out of his own way with pressure.

beck may not be a world beater, but grossman is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league.

In fairness to Grossman, sometimes he's rock-solid. But he's like a QB version of manic-deppressive. He's either good or horrid. No reason to keep him in.

Did Mike Shanahan call and tell you who's starting at QB next week?

look man im not trying to start a flame war or nothing but if he play im not watching that ****. dude is a disrespect to our entire franchise

Relived? No..we lost. This fan base is pathetic sometimes. We ****ing lost. There are no moral victories, no positive losses, etc, etc. You think Beck is any better? Grossman is the lesser of two evils.

you sounding like a little girl right, we weren't on a superbowl run so who cares if we lost. Grossman is gone and I couldn't be more happy. so go put your cool aid down and have a nice little nap because we are going to lose A LOT more this year and its nothing any of us or any of those bums on our team can do about it.

In fairness to Grossman, sometimes he's rock-solid. But he's like a QB version of manic-deppressive. He's either good or horrid. No reason to keep him in.

this year he has been "rock-solid" for a game and a half.

so out of 20 quarters he's been "solid" for 6.

30% of the time is not going to cut it in the NFL.

You think Beck is any better? Grossman is the lesser of two evils.

Didn't look like it to me.

Grossman was as bad as I've ever seen a QB play. His "evils" are AWFUL. Game-losing awful

No arm. No decision making ability. (Either that or they limit his decisions to one receiver or throw it away, which also speaks volumes to his inability to make plays.)

With Beck we look to have a smarter player, a stronger arm, better pocket awareness and better mobility.

we may not get MUCH better, but we sure as hell can't get any worse.

~Bang

Let me start off by saying I don't expect Beck to be good and he'll probably make his fare share of mistakes but the thought of grossman being our QB for the near future just never sat right with me.

I'm just really happy he didn't wait till week 9 or 10 to show his true colors' date=' we all knew the 4 INT game was coming but I'm glad it was sooner rather than later. I'm all for the kirk cousins, ryan tannehill, Kellen Moore, landry jones bandwagon just sign me up, because I firmly believe we will not be in the market for Barkley or Luck but we will need a new QB next year at this point.

I hope this thread helps everyone get clarity and realize this game HAD to happen eventually. Winning in-spite of your QB is one of the worst ways to win, especially when your QB is a 30+ journey man whos prone to triple coverage INTs.

discuss/[/quote']

I'm not shocked at all about what happened. Grossman has this ever since he entered the league and I expected the Eagles to defend the run and force Grossman to pass. The only surprise for me was that Kurt Coleman was making all the picks instead of the 3 pro-bowl corners.

Before this game, everybody was all behind Grossman. Now you can't stand him. I couldn't stand him when the benches McNabb last year at the end of the Lions game and he came in and immediately turned the ball over. WTF did everybody expect from this guy?!

Archived