Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody else really relieved after this game?

Malcomb Kelly's Knees

Let me start off by saying I don't expect Beck to be good and he'll probably make his fare share of mistakes but the thought of grossman being our QB for the near future just never sat right with me.

I'm just really happy he didn't wait till week 9 or 10 to show his true colors, we all knew the 4 INT game was coming but I'm glad it was sooner rather than later. I'm all for the kirk cousins, ryan tannehill, Kellen Moore, landry jones bandwagon just sign me up, because I firmly believe we will not be in the market for Barkley or Luck but we will need a new QB next year at this point.

I hope this thread helps everyone get clarity and realize this game HAD to happen eventually. Winning in-spite of your QB is one of the worst ways to win, especially when your QB is a 30+ journey man whos prone to triple coverage INTs.

discuss/

rex grossman's explanations:

Rex Grossman on first interception "not a big deal."
Rex Grossman on second interception: "I just didn't throw it far enough."
Grossman on 3rd interception: "Some of these you have to trust other people (Fred Davis) to make a cut to cross the safety space."
Grossman, 4th pick: "I thought Jabar (Gaffney) was coming back for ball, and the defender was."

so he only takes responsibilty for 2 of the 4. and "no big deal" when you had a chance to put points on the board is not the correct answer.

i don't want this guy taking another snap for this team.

now i don't know if there is a "right" way to make up for 4 ints, but making excuses is not one of them. he needs to say that interceptions start and end with the quarterback and he let this team down today.

the defense is down on themselves after holding the eagles to 20 points and zero in the second half and two turnovers for the offense, but grossman can say one of his INTs was no big deal?

i won't accept that.

Frankly, I see absolutely nothing to be relieved about! Yeah, Grossman got himself benched but I don't see any positive in that, sorry. I would have prefered a good showing by him and a loss by 7 points as that would have left us in a better position. As of now, we have to suffer through a whole new set of questions and problems we didn't have at game time.

I'm not relieved. We just lost to the Eagles.

I don't want to see Rex Grossman on the field for the Redskins ever again though. I'll tell you that for certain.

i think that's the point of the thread. it might the straw that gets grossman off the field. he can't hide behind 3-1 and "not costing us games" anymore.

Yes, the only saving grace from this game is that Grossman will never start for us again, barring an injury to John Beck. Let's pray that doesn't happen.

Beck won't win us many games, but he won't lose them in the fashion that Grossman has this week, almost did against the Rams, and who couldn't do enough to beat a team that didn't score a single touchdown the week before.

Totally agreed.

We have a nice young Defense, and a great running game, at least until Steiger went down. We'd have more wins at the end of the year with a QB who's more of a game manager.

Even Grossman's biggest supporters cannot claim he is that, not anymore. Is John Beck? Who knows, but he looked a hell of a lot closer to one than Rex has since week 1.

I'm relieved to finally get Rex off the field. Every time I see an analysis of the Redskins, Rex is the factor that keeps people from buying into us. I'm not sure how Beck will pan out, but I think he will be an improvement over Rex. Beck exceeded my expectations today so I'm relieved. I was worried that since he hasn't taken a lot of snaps in practice that he would come in a maybe throw an INT and look sloppy, which would leave the fans more disgruntled and saying things like "you see? Beck is terrible!" Beck coming in and getting our only TD is a huge plus for him. I read that the Shanahan will make a decision on our QB Wednesday.

Totally agreed.

We have a nice young Defense, and a great running game, at least until Steiger went down. We'd have more wins at the end of the year with a QB who's more of a game manager.

Even Grossman's biggest supporters cannot claim he is that, not anymore. Is John Beck? Who knows, but he looked a hell of a lot closer to one than Rex has since week 1.

I really don't care about wins at this point, I saw us as a 4-5 win team before the season and I'll stick with that.

As long as the defense keeps improving I'm fine. This is a QB driven league and we don't have ours yet and everyone knew it before the season satrted. If beck plays nicely (which I don't think he will) then great we have a stop gate QB if not? Even better because we can pick hgiher.

I'm just glad grossman is done and we don't have to see him anymore.

Every bounce went the Eagles' way today and this does not even register on the radar of how poorly I've felt after some Skins games. First of all, the roughing the passer penalty was a huge momentum shift that really set the tone for the game. The officiating was god awful today. Secondly, 2/5 of our o-lineman go down and that was a huge blow to both our running and passing games. Even so, I think we should have been pounding the ball with Torain more. I would also like to note that not having Anthony Armstrong out there to stretch the field is a much bigger loss than I originally would have guessed. We simply need to get him back on the field because our receivers are a joke right now. Kyle Shanahan really needs to stop calling plays. It seems he does the complete opposite of what normal football intuition would tell a coordinator to do. It's not that he doesn't have a good playbook or coach his offensive players well, it's the fact that he continues to try to look like a genius when all we really need is to manage games and pound the football. We do not have a QB who is going to win us games passing the ball, but we have a stellar defense that if given any sort of cushion can get us a lot of victories. Anyone on here acting like the season is over is not a ****ty fan. Yes, it was a poor performance, but this team showed character in clawing back and almost tying it up at the end. I am very worried about the line, but other than that I think this is anybody's division and we should still have a shot at winning it. HTTR.

Archived