Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody else really relieved after this game?

Malcomb Kelly's Knees

I said it was a mistake when we traded for McNabb. It was

I said last year that this team would play better with Grossman than it did with McNabb. They did

I said this year when it was annouced that it was a mistake to start Grossman over Beck. It was

I said that Grossman would look good the first few games. He did

I said his limitations would catch up with us after a couple of games. It did

I said that Grossman would be benched between games 4 and 6. He was.

Now, Im going to say that Beck will turn into a better than average QB if we will stick with him through the bad.

One thing for sure....Im looking forward to seeing how turns out. :)

Didn't look like it to me.

Grossman was as bad as I've ever seen a QB play. His "evils" are AWFUL. Game-losing awful

No arm. No decision making ability. (Either that or they limit his decisions to one receiver or throw it away, which also speaks volumes to his inability to make plays.)

With Beck we look to have a smarter player, a stronger arm, better pocket awareness and better mobility.

we may not get MUCH better, but we sure as hell can't get any worse.

This is basically Mathews vs Wuerrffel. Beck, if given the starting nod will have games just like this and he will be crucified also. Yes, Grossman looked bad, very bad, but I think starting Beck won't be any better. We are 3-2 and I think we shouldn't pull the trigger just yet.

I said last year that this team would play better with Grossman than it did with McNabb. They did

I said this year when it was annouced that it was a mistake to start Grossman over Beck. It was

Now, Im going to say that Beck will turn into a better than average QB if we will stick with him through the bad.

I hope your progoistications continue to be accurate. I too look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Despite the board's general sentiment, I think I'll withhold judgment on Beck. I'd love to draft the next Joe Montana, but we have 11 games left to decide if the guy we have is worth keeping. I'm willing to wait to see how Beck plays in games 8 through 16 before I show him the door. If Beck works out, then I think the Skins can probably find another use for the draft pick we'd save. If he doesn't, it costs this board nothing to wait until the season is over before calling for Beck's dismissal. Give the kid a chance.

Here's to hoping you are right.

This is basically Mathews vs Wuerrffel. Beck, if given the starting nod will have games just like this and he will be crucified also. Yes, Grossman looked bad, very bad, but I think starting Beck won't be any better. We are 3-2 and I think we shouldn't pull the trigger just yet.

I agree we don't have a QB I want to have here next year. (yet.. to be fair Beck just came in. He could turn out to be amazing.)

I have to disagree on pulling the trigger... Grossman wasn't even competent today. And the fact it looked like his options were limited by design says even more about what he can't do.

Grossman has not really been what I'd call satisfactory since week 1.

~Bang

I don't know. I don't see Beck being that putrid. I think a bad Beck game would be a 1 TD 2 INT for 175 yards with a fumble type game.

I don't know. I don't see Beck being that putrid. I think a bad Beck game would be a 1 TD 2 INT for 175 yards with a fumble type game.

It seemed to me like everyone's biggest knock on Beck was his being too careful with the football. With our defense, as long as the QB won't screw everything up (see Grossman, Rex) we can win 10 or more games this season.

Yeah and our defense looks pretty legit, I want Barkley or Jones. I don't think Kellen Moore will be all that great in the NFL.

You've got to be kidding about our defense, right? It's the same stupid stuff since Norv Turner was coach: They can't stop anything when they absolutely have to have a stop. Until the Skins get determined players on defense, you could have Tom Brady in here and it would make no difference. After Beck scored the TD, I just knew that defense would come up soft, as usual, and give the Eagles their way. The Eagles promptly moved the ball downfield, EASILY!

You've got to be kidding about our defense, right? It's the same stupid stuff since Norv Turner was coach: They can't stop anything when they absolutely have to have a stop. Until the Skins get determined players on defense, you could have Tom Brady in here and it would make no difference. After Beck scored the TD, I just knew that defense would come up soft, as usual, and give the Eagles their way. The Eagles promptly moved the ball downfield, EASILY!

Yep, they moved promptly 19 whole yards after holding the ball for 40 minutes of the game, and running 72 plays due to an inept QB that kept giving the Eagles the ball.

19 whole yards!

Right down the.. uh,, less than a fifth of the field!

To the number one rushing team in the NFL!

Honestly.

Some of you haven't got the first clue..

~Bang

The good:

4. We have the rest of the season to try Beck by fire. If he turns out better than expected, then we don't have to spend a top draft pick on QB and can go after OL and CB. If he tanks, then the team looks for a QB. Easy choice. We know Grossman is not the answer. (And neither is Garrard, BTW.)

No matter what happens, we HAVE to draft a QB to groom for the future. What better time to do it than 2012 where does plenty of good prospects to choose from? If it's not a top prospect like Luck or Barkley (and to a lesser extent, Jones), it's Tannehill.

Yeah I'm serious, they adjusted in the second half and the Eagles did not score a single point. If Rex Grossman doesn't throw 4 picks who knows what happens. I will not blame the defense for this one, they have gotten stops all year when we needed them. The ineptitude of our offense is to blame, and our dwindling point total every week.

Yeah I'm serious, they adjusted in the second half and the Eagles did not score a single point. .

Agree! They were just gassed at the end.. Other than the 2 drives Beck was in the game, (in the 2nd half) they didnt even get "3 and outs" to rest.. It was more like "1 and out"..

Agree! They were just gassed at the end.. Other than the 2 drives Beck was in the game, (in the 2nd half) they didnt even get "3 and outs" to rest.. It was more like "1 and out"..

Good Grief! They're always gassed at the end. It's always something with this defense. 3rd & 21 at Dallas, 4th & 2 against Philly today. They don't stop anything that matters!!

You folks need to really start watching quality NFL defenses to see when they make their stops. What difference does it make if the Skins held the Eagles scoreless in the 2nd half, if they can't get Beck the ball back for another chance? Grossman is garbage; we all know that. But if I'm a defensive coordinator, I go into the game knowing that Grossman won't get it done, so it's gonna be on my unit to make it happen.

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 10:59 PM ----------

Yep, they moved promptly 19 whole yards after holding the ball for 40 minutes of the game, and running 72 plays due to an inept QB that kept giving the Eagles the ball.

19 whole yards!

Right down the.. uh,, less than a fifth of the field!

To the number one rushing team in the NFL!

Honestly.

Some of you haven't got the first clue..

~Bang

And you're living in fantasy land. Rex is garbage; everybody knows that going in. So another unit will have to step it up. It doesn't matter how many yards down the field the Eagles went on that final drive. The fact remains: The defense needed to get the Eagles off the field after the first 3 downs, and as usual, couldn't!! Give Beck one more shot at a score. This defense never goes down swinging. They always seem to leave something on the field.

Good Grief! They're always gassed at the end. It's always something with this defense. 3rd & 21 at Dallas, 4th & 2 against Philly today. They don't stop anything that matters!!

You folks need to really start watching quality NFL defenses to see when they make their stops.

4th and 2 (inches) ya mean? You show me a great defense making stops late, and I'll show you an offense that at least lets them catch their breath a couple times a half..

4th and 2 (inches) ya mean? You show me a great defense making stops late, and I'll show you an offense that at least lets them catch their breath a couple times a half..

2 inches, 2 feet, 2 yards..........pick a distance and the Skins will give it up!

2 inches, 2 feet, 2 yards..........pick a distance and the Skins will give it up!

I just choose to see the positive.. If ya can't give em' credit for getting the Eagles off the field every single drive in the 2nd half, before the last one, your just looking for reasons to be po'd..

You folks need to really start watching quality NFL defenses to see when they make their stops. What difference does it make if the Skins held the Eagles scoreless in the 2nd half, if they can't get Beck the ball back for another chance? Grossman is garbage; we all know that. But if I'm a defensive coordinator, I go into the game knowing that Grossman won't get it done, so it's gonna be on my unit to make it happen.

I find it hilarious when people say stuff like this, guess what I watch plenty of NFL football, and plenty of NFL defenses including the good ones. Guess what even the good ones give up crucial drives late in the game, the fact of the matter is they kept us in this game, and ALL the games we have played so far. They have also gotten plenty of crucial late drive stops this season, so don't act like this has been going on all the season. The fact that it took the Eagles a QB sneak to barely get the first down on a third and inches, after having held the ball 38 min to 21 min shows what kind of resolve they have, especially after getting shredded in the first half.

1. Jones is considered a better prospect than Barkley at this point. It might not be fair, and it might be wrong, but unless something changes they will be drafted Luck, Jones, Barkley in that order. So, we're not in the market for Jones, but not Barkley

2. Kirk Cousins and Ryan Tannehill are both realistic prospects for us to be looking into, but unless if we're planning on ignoring QB until the 5th round, Kellen Moore is not. Nick Foles, Ryan Lindley, Brandon Weeden and (if he decides to come out) Robert Griffin III are all definitely better prospects.

3. To anyone who point to Drew Brees as a reason why Kellen Moore will succeed: remember Brees may be only 6' tall, but he has a high release point so he doesn't have many tipped passes, he weighs 210 LBs, and he played college football against Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin & Michigan State. Moore played mostly weaker competition, is a half inch shorter, and most importantly weighs 20 lbs less. Even if I give him the benefit of the doubt that he can see over the defense and make throws he needs to in the NFL, there's no way he can take the hits.

relieved.. no.

it has been a foregone conclusion (in my mind) since before the draft last year, that we would be landing a qb in the 2012 draft. but that doesnt make me feel better about losing to the eagles again at our field on a widely broadcasted game after a bye week.

i said last week that this week would determine our chances of making the playoffs. i dont see it happening now.

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 11:05 PM ----------

I find it hilarious when people say stuff like this, guess what I watch plenty of NFL football, and plenty of NFL defenses including the good ones. Guess what even the good ones give up crucial drives late in the game, the fact of the matter is they kept us in this game, and ALL the games we have played so far. They have also gotten plenty of crucial late drive stops this season, so don't act like this has been going on all the season. The fact that it took the Eagles a QB sneak to barely get the first down on a third and inches, after having held the ball 38 min to 21 min shows what kind of resolve they have, especially after getting shredded in the first half.

this had the makings of last year's fiasco. we def gave the eagles many chances to make this a rout. fortunately our D did not give up.

most good defenses have an at least competent offense to help them out. our team does not.

And you're living in fantasy land. Rex is garbage; everybody knows that going in. So another unit will have to step it up. It doesn't matter how many yards down the field the Eagles went on that final drive. The fact remains: The defense needed to get the Eagles off the field after the first 3 downs, and as usual, couldn't!! Give Beck one more shot at a score. This defense never goes down swinging. They always seem to leave something on the field.

Right.

Fantasy land says that a team that stays on the field for 40 minutes should do exactly what you want when you want it against an offense of their caliber, 3rd overall offense, number one rushing attack in the league.

This defense that never goes down swinging .. 6th ranked in the NFL.. number one in the NFL on third down.. number one in forcing fumbles.. (31st six games ago,, naw,, no one is stepping up here...)

Today the offense choked chance after chance.. (well, Grossman did. Everyone else did OK).

And against the 3rd ranked offense and number one rushing attack in the NFL after SPOTTING them a 17 point lead in just over 1 quarter clamped down and held them to 3 for the final 43 minutes of the game.

the eagles average 26 points game. We held them to 20. 3 touchdowns beats them.

I wonder who could have gotten us a dfew touchdowns? Could it be the offense.. i mean, after the defense knocks vick out for two plays, and then forces a turnover in the Eagles red zone, you'd figure maybe... but it's likely Hall's fault for not running in the INT... after all, SOMEONE has to step up for the weak offense, right?

This defense forced the fumble with 1:45 to go vs Arizona that iced the game.

This defense frosted the giants with an INT TD that destroyed any momentum they may have built in the second half. The Giants had less than 100 yards of offense after that, which by the way was for over 28 minutes of the second half..

The Rams last two possessions ended on a 4th and 30, and a 4th and 13.

The Cowboys made exactly ONE play, a broken play in which their receiver didn't know what to do. Course, you don't know that, you just think Hall screwed up. But you have no idea why.

Thanks for stopping in. It's nice when you clowns who dont know jack **** about what you're seeing can come in and display your lack of football acumen so prominently.

It saves me from wasting any more time with you.

~Bang

Right.

Fantasy land says that a team that stays on the field for 40 minutes should do exactly what you want when you want it against an offense of their caliber, 3rd overall offense, number one rushing attack in the league.

This defense that never goes down swinging .. 6th ranked in the NFL.. number one in the NFL on third down.. number one in forcing fumbles.. (31st six games ago,, naw,, no one is stepping up here...)

Today the offense choked chance after chance.. (well, Grossman did. Everyone else did OK).

And against the 3rd ranked offense and number one rushing attack in the NFL after SPOTTING them a 17 point lead in just over 1 quarter clamped down and held them to 3 for the final 43 minutes of the game.

the eagles average 26 points game. We held them to 20. 3 touchdowns beats them.

I wonder who could have gotten us a dfew touchdowns? Could it be the offense.. i mean, after the defense knocks vick out for two plays, and then forces a turnover in the Eagles red zone, you'd figure maybe... but it's likely Hall's fault for not running in the INT... after all, SOMEONE has to step up for the weak offense, right?

This defense forced the fumble with 1:45 to go vs Arizona that iced the game.

This defense frosted the giants with an INT TD that destroyed any momentum they may have built in the second half. The Giants had less than 100 yards of offense after that, which by the way was for over 28 minutes of the second half..

The Rams last two possessions ended on a 4th and 30, and a 4th and 13.

The Cowboys made exactly ONE play, a broken play in which their receiver didn't know what to do. Course, you don't know that, you just think Hall screwed up. But you have no idea why.

Thanks for stopping in. It's nice when you clowns who dont know jack **** about what you're seeing can come in and display your lack of football acumen so prominently.

It saves me from wasting any more time with you.

~Bang

This. All of this, in fact. To blame the defense for what happened today is borderline criminal. What more did you want our defense to do today? If we were a halfway competent NFL offense, we probably would've won this game. The only real reason we didn't was because of one man, and one man only. This game early on had the potential to become real ugly, but our defense buckled down, and we held a top flight offense to 6 points below it's average and ZERO points after halftime. I would go as far as to say that if we had benched Rex after the Half, we probably force the game to overtime at the very least, or have a 50/50 shot of winning.

The Eagles got to within scoring range at least 3-4 times in the second half, and never scored. If this was last year's defense on the field, the Eagles might have threatened their own personal records from last year's MNF game. We now know what has hindered us through the first 5 games, and it isn't our defense. We have an atrocious QB, and we lack a big time possession receiver. Let's hope we address that during the draft next April.

I love people who talk about what teams have done in past games as a justification for why they didn't win. Blind fandom doesn't mean a thing. Also, people who are in their 40s and 50s who don't know the difference between "their, there, and they're".

Archived