Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody else really relieved after this game?

Malcomb Kelly's Knees

The defense did what they could, some of it could have been better. But if you put them on the field for near 3 quarters, and expect a fatigued squad to be firing on all cylinders, good luck. This loss was on the offense, and one or two individuals in person.

The Cowboys made exactly ONE play, a broken play in which their receiver didn't know what to do. Course, you don't know that, you just think Hall screwed up. But you have no idea why.

Anyone who blames Hall for that play pisses me off. Certainly, if he had made an exceptional play Hall could have defended that pass, but the problem was the play call, and the execution of the play by the blitzers. No reason to blitz 8 on that play. We didn't need a turnover, sack or tackle for loss. We just needed to stop them from gaining 21 yards over the course of the next 2 plays. No reason to do something so risky.

But worse, in spite of the 8 man blitz, Romo sits to pee still had 3 seconds to throw the ball negating the advantage a mega blitz gives us in the 1st place.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 12:52 AM ----------

I would rather have Landry Jones.

than who?

I would much rather see what Beck can do with reps as the starter than continue to watch the Redskins have another mediocre season with Grossman at QB. Grossman supporters were delusional if they thought Grossman was going to lead the Redskins deep into the playoffs or even to a division title. Not gonna happen. So, yeah, I was relieved to see Grossman finally get benched. I hope it sticks.

Anyone who blames Hall for that play pisses me off. Certainly, if he had made an exceptional play Hall could have defended that pass, but the problem was the play call, and the execution of the play by the blitzers. No reason to blitz 8 on that play. We didn't need a turnover, sack or tackle for loss. We just needed to stop them from gaining 21 yards over the course of the next 2 plays. No reason to do something so risky.

But worse, in spite of the 8 man blitz, Romo sits to pee still had 3 seconds to throw the ball negating the advantage a mega blitz gives us in the 1st place.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 12:52 AM ----------

than who?

Than Luck, barkley, or whoever else might come out in next April's draft. I like what Jones brings to the table as far as the way he plays quarterback.

Archived