Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Some of you forget it's a tv show lol... Everyone wants perfection or what they think it's perfection :-)

Right now its a bad TV show imo.

If I wasn't a fan of the comic, I probably would've stopped watching this show a while back. I keep tuning in hoping for some sign its going to get better, but I'm not seeing much.

Otis seemed to be able to find zombies in the area, and those zombies seemed to find/eat the little girl.

When the zombie apocolyse comes, you're toast. :silly:

You just proved my point. How many zombies were in that barn? Maybe 20 at best and I don't know the timeline, but that probably took he at least a month, if not more. Sorry, not a horde. I would focus on survival, which the group is doing. There weird desire for zombie killing sprees is not what the show is about.

I think some of you are way over thinking this stuff. Plus, out on a farm in Atlanta there isn't a dense population so you don't have to worry about a horde of zombies. You have seen what happens when they go into town or the high school. Lots of zombies. Zombies can't move fast and are attracted by noise, so why would they be moving to a farm?

There are different explanations for this.

1 - They spread out when there is nothing to eat and any one that spots something let's off that zombie moan/wail that if heard by the next results in the same reaction and movement towards the sound. The result is a communication domino effect that builds or reaches a larger group. That's how they did it in World War Z.

2 - The massive zombie packs exhaust their food supply in one place and then move off in search of food. You often see them standing together or walking together (zombies on the road in season 2 for instance). Thus the large groups from towns and the massive groups for denser populated areas should be on the move. Noise will draw them to you. Noise like opening a barn filled with zombies for a little recreational shooting directly on the area which you call home.

The other issue is that every time they go into the woods they inevitably run into a zombie. If they go to town? Zombie. If they go ANYWHERE other than the farm? Zombie! While on the farm however they shoot, scream, burn fires at night, and have the house all lit up at night... yet almost no Zombies.

Right now its a bad TV show imo.

If I wasn't a fan of the comic, I probably would've stopped watching this show a while back. I keep tuning in hoping for some sign its going to get better, but I'm not seeing much.

How you a fan of the comic and not liking the show? I love this show. You also have to remember it is a tv show and you can't do the same frame by frame you can in comic. I would love to hear your reasoning for not liking the show.

How you a fan of the comic and not liking the show? I love this show. You also have to remember it is a tv show and you can't do the same frame by frame you can in comic. I would love to hear your reasoning for not liking the show.

I never expected a frame by frame copy of the comic. I'm not really liking how they've diverged from the comic. I realize they want to switch it up a bit so nobody knows exactly what is coming, but so far, I prefer the comic's storylines to what we've seen from the show. I think my main reason for not liking the show so much is the acting. I'm not saying you need academy award performances in a zombie show, but most of the actors on this show are terrible IMO.

There are different explanations for this.

1 - They spread out when there is nothing to eat and any one that spots something let's off that zombie moan/wail that if heard by the next results in the same reaction and movement towards the sound. The result is a communication domino effect that builds or reaches a larger group. That's how they did it in World War Z.

2 - The massive zombie packs exhaust their food supply in one place and then move off in search of food. You often see them standing together or walking together (zombies on the road in season 2 for instance). Thus the large groups from towns and the massive groups for denser populated areas should be on the move. Noise will draw them to you. Noise like opening a barn filled with zombies for a little recreational shooting directly on the area which you call home.

The other issue is that every time they go into the woods they inevitably run into a zombie. If they go to town? Zombie. If they go ANYWHERE other than the farm? Zombie! While on the farm however they shoot, scream, burn fires at night, and have the house all lit up at night... yet almost no Zombies.

It is too early in the timeline for that.

---------- Post added February-20th-2012 at 12:35 PM ----------

I never expected a frame by frame copy of the comic. I'm not really liking how they've diverged from the comic. I realize they want to switch it up a bit so nobody knows exactly what is coming, but so far, I prefer the comic's storylines to what we've seen from the show. I think my main reason for not liking the show so much is the acting. I'm not saying you need academy award performances in a zombie show, but most of the actors on this show are terrible IMO.

Kirkman has already said he wants to do different things with the show. It was ideas he had, but couldn't put into a comic. This needs to be considered a different timeline then the comic all together. I guess, because I enjoy the show so much I can't understand the dislike.

I think my main reason for not liking the show so much is the acting. I'm not saying you need academy award performances in a zombie show, but most of the actors on this show are terrible IMO.

Really?? I also think the acting on the show is fine. I agree that it isn't deserving of awards but the actors keep me involved and entertained throughout. Are you sure your love for the comics isn't making you nit-pick at things? I guess it could be that my love of all things zombies, and my having not read the comics could be blinding me a bit too.

Wow, I think the actors and actresses in the show are top notch.

every zombie show needs more zombie killing goodness

It's dang near unAmerican to simply focus on survival and stay low tech

Unfortunately, that is not the driver of this show. It is about humans trying to survival and as we saw last night. It is going to get nasty with other groups of humans trying to survive as well.

I agree with the actors being very good. The only flaw with the acting that I see is Shane's accent, but even then the actor who plays Shane is still very good.

Completely agree.. Hence the reason everyone hates him.. He does a great job at being the "bad" guy.

I don't know about that... There are some pretty capable characters in the show. Shane and Rick both have the gun skills/street smarts to succeed. Dale is resourceful. Darrell has all the skills one could ask for in Zombieland. Glenn is a badass in his own little way. You're view of the group as a whole has probably been skewed by very low quality females in the show.

I agree with the actors being very good. The only flaw with the acting that I see is Shane's accent, but even then the actor who plays Shane is still very good.
Completely agree.. Hence the reason everyone hates him.. He does a great job at being the "bad" guy.

Well, see, that's the subjective aspect of it. A lot of people like me think the actor is "bad" (in this role). I find his work on WD increasingly ham-fisted and one-dimensional. Boring. I think of all kinds of complex, or conflicted, or complicated or nuanced "bad guys" you want to hate, but can see some of their "side" or are drawn to them for some reason, and who have done that shtick much better----from LOST to Deadwood to Dexter to Sopranos even recurring "bad guy" roles in regular mainstream fare like L&O CI, to CSI to even Nikita and on and on. I think this guy is like one step above a Steven Segal--too close to just having one setting on his "intense-o-meter" while constantly rubbing his face/head with his hands, and primarily whining/****ing/obsessing and then going ape-****. Annoying.

When I was a kid, my favorite Star Wars character was Darth Vader and I thought Luke Skywalker was a wuss who deserved that ass kicking at the hands of the Emperor. My favorite character on TV is Nucky Thompson, who has redeeming qualities but is corrupt, brutal, and cold. So, I actually tend to like, or at least find myself interested in, characters who are aggressive, calculating, etc. However, I can't stand Shane because, as I noted earlier in this thread, he "overacts." His terrible accent is annoying, but that's just the cherry on the sundae.

Shane and Rick both have the gun skills/street smarts to succeed.

I think the writers want us to question Rick's street smarts. Yes, he was willing to kill people to "protect his own." However, he makes questionable decisions. If I had been in the bar with Rick when he started talking to the guys outside, I would have pimp slapped him. Although he's supposed to be Shane's antithesis, he's actually very similar to Shane insofar as he lets his emotions cloud his judgment far too often. Rick's got to shed some of his "naive bleeding-heartness" and Shane's got to shed his "I'm bat **** crazy-ness."

the comic is way too ****ed up for TV, I mean I'd watch it and like it, but I think it would be way too dark for most people

I get it that it's a TV show, so you have to suspend a certain measure of disbelief in order to have a show, but I'm still not entirely sold on the situation where the ZA descends and your response is "ROADTRIP!"

I'd make for a crappy plot 'cuz I would be barricaded high n deep, collecting and culling survivors to expand a group to man the walls, gather resources and thin the zombie hordes on a regular basis. They drop easy enough and present themselves readily, as long as you don't offer anyone up as munchies their numbers steadily decrease.

When I was a kid, my favorite Star Wars character was Darth Vader and I thought Luke Skywalker was a wuss who deserved that ass kicking at the hands of the Emperor. My favorite character on TV is Nucky Thompson, who has redeeming qualities but is corrupt, brutal, and cold. So, I actually tend to like, or at least find myself interested in, characters who are aggressive, calculating, etc. However, I can't stand Shane because, as I noted earlier in this thread, he "overacts." His terrible accent is annoying, but that's just the cherry on the sundae.

I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree with this one.. The points you made about Nucky Thompson are the reason that I like Shane's character. I get the fact that he's an ******* but most of the time I can see his point. Example of that would be, the bringing the kid back to the farm. While it may have been the "decent" thing to do it puts everyone in danger.

I'm also a fan of Boardwalk Empire and your points about Nucky, for me that was Jimmy. Nucky just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I like the idea of his character but there is just something about Buscemi's acting that just get's me, facial expressions that he makes or the raised eyebrows thing he does. I don't know but it just irks me. Jimmy Darmody = The man though.. And now I'm sad lol.

I get it that it's a TV show, so you have to suspend a certain measure of disbelief in order to have a show, but I'm still not entirely sold on the situation where the ZA descends and your response is "ROADTRIP!"

I'd make for a crappy plot 'cuz I would be barricaded high n deep, collecting and culling survivors to expand a group to man the walls, gather resources and thin the zombie hordes on a regular basis. They drop easy enough and present themselves readily, as long as you don't offer anyone up as munchies their numbers steadily decrease.

I can see your point, but I think staying in one place for too long is a terrible idea. For one, the zombies are dumb, but not that dumb. They know where people are and once they know you're there, they're not just going to leave you alone. More importantly, though, you have a limited amount of supplies in one place. Eventually you have to move on in search of necessities. Finally, I think it's in your best interest to be on the move in search of something better. Better environments, more survivors, better resources, and better information about what's really going on.

Until you get enough people to get a Village-like mini-society going, you're going to have major problems. And even then if you isolate yourself (as the movie shows ;) you will have problems).

Well, see, that's the subjective aspect of it. A lot of people like me think the actor is "bad" (in this role). I find his work on WD increasingly ham-fisted and one-dimensional. Boring. I think of all kinds of complex, or conflicted, or complicated or nuanced "bad guys" you want to hate, but can see some of their "side" or are drawn to them for some reason, and who have done that shtick much better----from LOST to Deadwood to Dexter to Sopranos even recurring "bad guy" roles in regular mainstream fare like L&O CI, to CSI to even Nikita and on and on. I think this guy is like one step above a Steven Segal--too close to just having one setting on his "intense-o-meter" while constantly rubbing his face/head with his hands, and primarily whining/****ing/obsessing and then going ape-****. Annoying.

I guess it depends on the show? If this was Falling Skies i'd say he was Class C.

In LOST hes not as good as some of the cameo appearances.

But in these scenarios they might be obvious though I agree with this character quite often:

Sending out 10 people to look for a little girl for days when we know 48hours is a long time in this world? = NO

Almost every situation in this show seems nuanced to side with Shane as being 100% correct, but have everyone come back to the 'sheriff' as 'well' thats the right thing to do, even in the wrong situations?

My left eye would be twitching and friendly fire on the horizon if our "leader" kept this up.

The "First Lady" to me is just awful. She a badly put together side plot. I was rooting for windshield zombie.

I thought this week's episode did a lot to build up Herschel into a stronger character. I'm wondering if he will become second in command should they kill off Shane.

Although I did find it humorous that Herschel was popping off head shots like it was his job considering he was just sitting at the bar drunk in the last episode.

Archived