Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

You can't really look to the comics for what is going to happen on the TV series. There are main characters on the TV series right now that are dead in the comics before they reach Hershel's farm. They're using the comics as a general outline but changing quite a bit.

The point being you can't assume what Jenner told Rick is the same on the show as in the comic.

I'm glad though to a certain extent, it's nice not knowing for sure what will happen next.

Was I correct in counting a grand total of two zombies -- TWO, one of which had already been shot, the other on-screen for all of three seconds -- in that entire episode?

If I wanted to see only one undead-looking monster every half hour, I'd watch a Nancy Grace marathon.

Walking Dead is sliding downhill. How many more episodes will they spend on the stupid farm? How many times is the vet going to tell them to leave and then just go on quietly tolerating them? Why are there no decent female characters? Can we lose some of the tired and overly prominent Rick vs. Shane babble? And are any of the many dangling subplots going to tie together at any point, or have they all just been convenient one-shot mechanisms in the service of narrative convenience?

It seems to me that some budget decisions and at least one key creative departure from the show are really dragging it down. I know of no solution in place for either of those problems, though I hope they can remedy at least one of them. If the rest of the show's run is going to be more like this than season 1, then I'm going to start getting awfully itchy with the remote.

Rick goes to town with Glenn. Wife decides for no apparent reason someone needs to go get them and goes alone. Decision making at its finest.

Shane has another babbling crazy fit, the latest evidence that he's lost it, people still won't accept it. He needs a bullet.

Tomorrow at 10 here, so I'll avoid this thread in case of spoilers.

Can't wait. FX truly is doing some of the best programmes going these days.

Hail.

While I agree that FX has a great lineup, The Walking Dead is on AMC.

I'm really excited this is returning. I can continue to look forward to Sundays even though football is done.

I found out why it airs on FX here and not AMC like in the States.

Being as their is no AMC channel here, FX UK bought the UK rights to broadcast it in Britain. (Pretty much the same way the BBC did for Mad Men from the same company.). Simple as that.

Now, as they tricked me by screening the last episode of the first half last Monday, and Friday being the new date leaving me a week behind this thread, I shall now depart so I don't know what's happened already.

I agree totally on Shane BTW. But he's going nowhere fast as he's an integral sub-story line. However irritating the actor is.

Hail.

One thing that is annoying me, other than Shane, is that there is no threat of a zombie horde anymore. They get to the farm and it's all good. In town they run off when 50 show up, maybe. Where are the hordes of 50,000 or 2,000,000? That's what the zombie threat is! The hungry gnashing death tsunami that represents nature/fate and looms as an ever present threat for which there is no defense.

These survivors fire guns and shout at eachother with no threat of attracting the horde. The barn ammo dump-a-thon should have attracted every hungry corpse for miles. Instead they keep screaming like idiots outside and don't even seem to keep watch anymore. There are no sanctuaries damnit!

What did you have in mind? I'm partial to the fire pit around a speaker system repeating "here zombie zombie zombie!"

so many options, it staggers the mind that they simply await a horde

not even a diversionary trap system like that fire pit set up.

wheres the combines?

How about a simple mechanical flail with a speaker system run off a windmill?

Don't they have propane tanks or fertilizer there?

it's almost like they want to get overrun

That was the most entertaining episode in a while. Hershel is starting to turn into more of a badass. Im not sure where the Rick vs Shane thing is going, but I don't think either one will die. There will be more action with that other group.

Man.. I would love it if it was a horde of zombies that forced the abandoning of the farm. I can already see it in my head. Someone warns that there is a walker on the farm, takes it out, then another, and another. Then we get a pan out to walkers as far as they can see.

Which reminds me.. The very first episode of season 2 when they are overrun on the highway was probably my favorite moment of the season so far, followed closely by the opening of the barn.

I think some of you are way over thinking this stuff. Plus, out on a farm in Atlanta there isn't a dense population so you don't have to worry about a horde of zombies. You have seen what happens when they go into town or the high school. Lots of zombies. Zombies can't move fast and are attracted by noise, so why would they be moving to a farm?

I think some of you are way over thinking this stuff. Plus, out on a farm in Atlanta there isn't a dense population so you don't have to worry about a horde of zombies. You have seen what happens when they go into town or the high school. Lots of zombies. Zombies can't move fast and are attracted by noise, so why would they be moving to a farm?

Otis seemed to be able to find zombies in the area, and those zombies seemed to find/eat the little girl.

When the zombie apocolyse comes, you're toast. :silly:

Archived