Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

But would most recognize him for what he is?...or prefer not too.

I was curious how many have a older brother (or simply person) like Merle?

The strangest things are drivers

1. No

2. See 1(it's "to" with one "o" )

3. Uh, whatever.

4. Duh, and whatever x 2. :)

I honestly am going to have to work at tolerating the perpetual "intense Shane" theme if it continues. Both the surface features of the Rick/Shane roles and the "deeper" symbolism/representations accepted as plot devices aside, and not picking on the actor, I just get really annoyed with that presentation and that persona. It's not even about the actual stances (like shooting the barnbies) that Shane takes, necessarily, it's just that particular conflict-shtick being beat to death in that way.

Remind me again why the guy who plays Shane is a good actor. Sorry, I think he's the worst actor on the show. His Southern accent is tuuuuuurrrble and he clearly graduated at the top of his class at the Tom Cruise School of Overacting.

EDIT: Jumbo, you beat me to the punch. Shane was grating on me in the first half of the season and I'm pretty much fed up with him by this point. Maybe some of it is due to the writing, but I think the bulk of it is due to the acting.

Remind me again why the guy who plays Shane is a good actor. Sorry, I think he's the worst actor on the show. His Southern accent is tuuuuuurrrble and he clearly graduated at the top of his class at the Tom Cruise School of Overacting.

I completely agree. I can overlook most of the bad acting on the show, but that guy's accent is driving me nuts.

I'm being nice about the actor. But not sure I can keep it up very long. :ols:

I think both leads are a little hammy.

In fact, much as I want this to not be so and am still very into it, I'm thinking the series may have peaked when they got to/left the CDC. Hopefully I'll change that feeling soon. The whole farm segment as it's ended up being done to this point is a mixed bag at best for me.

But hey, plenty of time for all kinds of interesting things to occur. :)

The cold blooded v. bleeding heart dichotomy is pretty lame. I would appreciate more complicated characters, but I'm willing to overlook the whole achetype thingy. I'm not willing (or able) to overlook Shane's crappy acting/accent.

---------- Post added February-12th-2012 at 09:41 PM ----------

What's up with the blonde chick? I don't remember her character and I wonder if she is infected, notwithstanding the lack of a bite (airborne virus?).

like i said im all for drama but the story not making any sense is really starting to get on my nerves.

they keep adding things to the plot just for drama that dont make any sense.

she never would have gone out when two people already did and they already knew the girl was sick. it doesnt make any sense.

I feel like I'm in a too-critical mode. I knew she was going to crash that car by hitting a zombie the minute she drove off. I am already seeing "baby loss" and character changes to her, and her swinging from Rick back to Shane with Carl being a tennis ball in the dramma, and hoping this apparent predictably I'm imagining is stuff I'll be all wrong about. :)

I feel like I'm in a too-critical mode. I knew she was going to crash that car by hitting a zombie the minute she drove off. I am already seeing "baby loss" and character changes to her, and her swinging from Rick back to Shane with Carl being a tennis ball in the dramma, and hoping this apparent predictably I'm imagining is stuff I'll be all wrong about. :)

Yeah I saw that crash coming a mile away

Now that's what I'm talking about. One of the things I've been waiting for was the old "run into another group of survivors that's more predatory and touch on all those potential plot lines--and they fluffed up Rick again, thankfully. Some cops practice drawing from the holster.;)

---------- Post added February-12th-2012 at 07:04 PM ----------

Could be right

One way of another it'll go down and we can have the whole human-on-human violence vs zombie-on-human dichotomy and how the zombies ain't ****ing over other zombies to survive..:)

Be cool if some of their old splinter group showed up in this new gang.:)

how about Rick's wife being rescued by the new group?

Oh, good one---didn't think of that. I really hope I'm off about my feared prediction of her swinging back to Mr. Intense. By the way, is her build supposed to suggest how you could pass for a bony zombie and still be living tissue?

Loved it when dude called her '"Olive Oyl"

Archived