Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I want to know what happened w/ the dude and his kid that Rick stayed with the first few episodes.

THIS! I love the actor (the black dude), and I was really hoping he was gonna be a regular character on the show.

I hope the writers don't just let that storyline go away and never address the man and is kid again. I'd at least like to know if they're alive and if they got Rick's warning messages to stay away from ATL.

---------- Post added November-28th-2011 at 08:44 PM ----------

That, and even if Herschel was the one who brought her in, how would he know who "Sophia" was? To them, she would have just been some random little girl who was "sick" like the others in the barn.

I disagree there. Didn't Herschel explain that the walkers in the barn are more than just zombies to him? That they were all people? He knows who most of the walkers in his barn. Family, friends, neighbors. He named the two people stuck in the mud in the last episode. He mentioned that several of the folks in the barn were his family members.

They seem to be in a very small, closely knit farming community. I'm trying to make the point that I believe Herschel knows who most if not all of those walkers are that have been placed in the barn.

Their property seems to be in a pretty isolated location, and there doesn't seem to be many "out of town" walkers around Herschel's property.

Needless to say, Herschel's gonna have some explaining to do. I never liked the guy, always seemed like a shady dude to me. But he did save Rick's son and that was awesome.

The finale finished up with a great final scene that gave me hope for the future of the show but it's been an up and down season so far.

Am I the only one that thought it was incredibly lazy writing to take Lori, who, while annoying....isn't portrayed as being straight up stupid, to try and "abort" an obvious pregnancy with morning-after pills? By the time you realize your pregnant and take a test that proves it, it's quite obviously too late to take those. It's a bit insulting to the viewers intelligence to go that route and have not only her, but 3-4 other people that knew about it not point out that doesn't work. While they're at it, has anyone tried giving the walkers some antibiotics?

I still have a lot of hope for the show and like it, but I'm seeing some other serious flaws in the armor here now that Darabont is gone.

I'm not sure what antibiotics would do for the Zombies. After all, they die before they turn.

Now, if a heavy dose of antibiotics "kills" the virus and leads to an easier, non-violent way to turn a Zombie back into just a lifeless rotting corpse, that would be a nice way to combat them. But with society broken down like it is, its not like you could get some wide-spread plan going to end it all.

The finale finished up with a great final scene that gave me hope for the future of the show but it's been an up and down season so far.

Am I the only one that thought it was incredibly lazy writing to take Lori, who, while annoying....isn't portrayed as being straight up stupid, to try and "abort" an obvious pregnancy with morning-after pills? By the time you realize your pregnant and take a test that proves it, it's quite obviously too late to take those. It's a bit insulting to the viewers intelligence to go that route and have not only her, but 3-4 other people that knew about it not point out that doesn't work. While they're at it, has anyone tried giving the walkers some antibiotics?

I still have a lot of hope for the show and like it, but I'm seeing some other serious flaws in the armor here now that Darabont is gone.

Dude, go back and re-watch that scene. Glenn and her discuss this very thing and that is why she throws about 10 pills down her throat. The writers do a very good job of bringing up most things people seem to miss. Listen, the answers to your questions are there. (i.e. the comment made about Otis capturing the zombies, because they knew everyone would start questioning Sophia in the barn thing.)

Another good point I read is what if she crawled into the barn to hide and got bit.

I disagree there. Didn't Herschel explain that the walkers in the barn are more than just zombies to him? That they were all people? He knows who most of the walkers in his barn. Family, friends, neighbors. He named the two people stuck in the mud in the last episode. He mentioned that several of the folks in the barn were his family members.

Herschel said most were friends/family. He even told Rick he didn't know who the male walker was they were bringing back when Shane finally snapped, he only knew the woman. In his mind locking them up where they cant be hurt or hurt others and feeding them is the christian thing to do. He didn't know all of them.

Obviously he's insane with his logic, you would think someone with medical background would be more practical. They're dead flesh, just like if someone develops gangrene on their foot, you don't cut off the foot...there is no cure for dead.

---------- Post added November-28th-2011 at 11:00 PM ----------

Dude, go back and re-watch that scene. Glenn and her discuss this very thing and that is why she throws about 10 pills down her throat. The writers do a very good job of bringing up most things people seem to miss. Listen, the answers to your questions are there. (i.e. the comment made about Otis capturing the zombies, because they knew everyone would start questioning Sophia in the barn thing.)

Another good point I read is what if she crawled into the barn to hide and got bit.

Did he? Ok, so I take back my point that no one brings it up, but I still maintain the original point that someone not being portrayed as stupid goes that route.

Herschel said most were friends/family. He even told Rick he didn't know who the male walker was they were bringing back when Shane finally snapped, he only knew the woman. In his mind locking them up where they cant be hurt or hurt others and feeding them is the christian thing to do. He didn't know all of them.

Obviously he's insane with his logic, you would think someone with medical background would be more practical. They're dead flesh, just like if someone develops gangrene on their foot, you don't cut off the foot...there is no cure for dead.

But you can cut off the foot, to stop the gangrene from spreading, can't you? Just nit-picking. ;)

And the writers knew people would bring up the Sophia thing. Here is a sneak peek to the next episode. Rick and Shane are arguing if Herschel knew Sophia was in there.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-sneak-peek-episode-208-nebraska

That link makes me think my earlier prediction is true, i.e., Shane's desire to protect Lori would lead him to wax the walkers in the barn and then Herschel.

Lori states before she ask for the pills she isn't sure if they would work. She is also desperate, remember she was questioning if they should let her son live after he got shot.

Do you remember that scene? There's NOTHING left of Otis but some bones.

Which begs the question. In most zombie lore, they attack humans NOT because they're hungry or need to eat (in fact, their stomachs bloat and explode after too much flesh is stuffed down a dead, useless ingestion tract) but because the zombie virus has a survival instinct, and is trying to spread itself. So why literally tear apart a victim? Seems counter-intuitive, because if a horde descends on a victim, the only way that person's actually gonna have a chance to turn is if they successfully escape with a bite wound and turn later.

This is the one thing that bugs me about zombie shows/movies. I would think that the vast majority of people that get attacked by zombies get torn to pieces like Otis instead of just getting a bite or two. However, by and large most zombies on this show are pretty much fully intact. I would expect to see more like the one Rick saw after he got out of the hospital.

This is the one thing that bugs me about zombie shows/movies. I would think that the vast majority of people that get attacked by zombies get torn to pieces like Otis instead of just getting a bite or two. However, by and large most zombies on this show are pretty much fully intact. I would expect to see more like the one Rick saw after he got out of the hospital.

You should watch the 6 webisodes on amctv.com to see how she got like that.

Scroll down, they are below the sneak peek:

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/video#!type_minisode/season_2

It's the eternal flaw of the Zombie genre. It will never make sense nor be practical.

Yeah I remember at the CDC what the brain scan looked like...walkers are definitely dead. What was it, like 10% of their brains were still functioning? just enough brain activity to walk and eat LOL

Rick, Dale, and Glenn seem to have forgotten that. Neither Dale nor Rick brought it up when Hershel shared his theory that they were people. Glenn didn't bring it up when Maggie and him were talking about it either.

---------- Post added November-29th-2011 at 02:59 PM ----------

It's the eternal flaw of the Zombie genre. It will never make sense nor be practical.

The way it's supposed to work is that zombies won't eat anything that isn't alive. They are supposed to lose interest in their kill once they've actually killed it. The only book I've read that makes sense of that behavior is that they don't see people or animals they see "life" and want to get into it and it into them. Once that is gone they move on looking for more of it. The thing they've killed is damaged but no so much so that it can't reanimate unless it got caught in the middle of a horde and died while getting ripped into so many pieces that it can't come back.

There are a lot of different takes on the zombie outbreak.

- Toxic chemical. Night of the living dead.

- The virus/disease. Resident evil. World War Z. (note that it's often not "bites" alone that spread the disease. In world war Z for instance the black market organ trade seeds the virus in several countries)

- Demon/Damned. There is no disease. Dead bodies are vessels for evil from the other side that are coming through to end times.

- Everyone is infected. There is no disease all who die rise again.

There are combinations of the above as well.

Lori states before she ask for the pills she isn't sure if they would work. She is also desperate, remember she was questioning if they should let her son live after he got shot.

Yeah, maybe I was being a little over critical of the situation...but I knew for a fact it had absolutely no chance of working and I figured a woman her age knew it as well. They can work up to 5 days later, but she's obviously multiple weeks into it.

Anyways, yeah....given her desperation with the situation I guess anything, no matter if it makes any sense or not, is an option. I still wish they went a different route on her trying to terminate it.

Yeah, maybe I was being a little over critical of the situation...but I knew for a fact it had absolutely no chance of working and I figured a woman her age knew it as well. They can work up to 5 days later, but she's obviously multiple weeks into it.

Anyways, yeah....given her desperation with the situation I guess anything, no matter if it makes any sense or not, is an option. I still wish they went a different route on her trying to terminate it.

Like...what? Rusty coat hanger? Kick down the stairs? I'm not sure what other way they could have went with it that would: 1) get across her intentions re: abortion, 2)would work on TV, and 3) would leave her semi-sympathetic as a character (not that she's very likeable now). Its not like she was going to be able to acquire prescription abortion meds.

Like...what? Rusty coat hanger? Kick down the stairs? I'm not sure what other way they could have went with it that would: 1) get across her intentions re: abortion, 2)would work on TV, and 3) would leave her semi-sympathetic as a character (not that she's very likeable now). Its not like she was going to be able to acquire prescription abortion meds.

It's not my fault they wrote themselves into a corner and the only way they can show her desperation is make her look like an idiot. No one saw her down all those pills and thought for a second it would abort the kid, they just thought "yeah...that wont work.."

I realize I'm just being nit-picky about a fictional story, but there was no dramatic moment there where you thought her plan might work. It was just a continuation of her whining about how crappy the world is, which is all she does.

It's not my fault they wrote themselves into a corner and the only way they can show her desperation is make her look like an idiot. No one saw her down all those pills and thought for a second it would abort the kid, they just thought "yeah...that wont work.."

I realize I'm just being nit-picky about a fictional story, but there was no dramatic moment there where you thought her plan might work. It was just a continuation of her whining about how crappy the world is, which is all she does.

Now that I'll agree with! :ols:

I was just saying that if you're set on an attempted abortion to show her struggles in this world, you're pretty short on TV-appropriate choices. I agree that they didn't need to go that way.

I'd happily cheer if Lori herself was aborted from the show.

Me too. Same with Dale. And Carol. And T-Dog, because he's useless. And Rick.

Wait a minute...there's nobody likeable on this show, except maybe Glenn. Shane is my favorite character, and depending on your perspective, he ranges anywhere from an Alpha dog ******* to a selfish, murderous sociopath. Interesting.

My earlier observation that this show is almost like Survivor in that you spend just as much time rooting for someone to get "voted off" as you do rooting for someone to succeed, stands, it seems.

Archived