Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Dale acting as the "protector" of Andrea, as her semi-father-figure, was pretty predictable. Liked that scene though. Is it just me, or was the acting in this episode the best yet? Maybe because there was some honest anger. Its an intense emotion that we don't see much between these characters, and its much less whiny.

I like how they're developing Shane's character. He's like an Alpha predator in the wild, doing what he has to to survive. He kills when he has to, ####s when he has the opportunity, and generally takes what he wants, other than Laurie. He's dangerous, and its believable. Dude will do anything.

Kinda shocked she finally told Rick, by the way. What a pansy, he already "knew" what was going on but was ignoring the signs, if I had to guess.

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 02:42 AM ----------

but i didn't figure it would involve the rhythmically challenged group...

I mean, its tough to avoid, there are a LOT of white people on this show.

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 02:55 AM ----------

If anyone is interested in reading the comics, I see that the opcinhumor.com site is back up.

It is? Its not working for me.

It is? Its not working for me.

Hmm, appears to be down for maintenance again. He has a facebook page. Not all the issues are on there...but there are still a bunch.

http://www.facebook.com/OpcinHumor#!/OpcinHumor?sk=photos

Some more stuff for those interested:

Pretty good message board. Its moderated and it masks spoilers pretty well. Not many members but decent conversation on both the comic and TV show.

http://www.roamersandlurkers.com/

Here is a great summary site:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_Wiki

If you've read the comics or don't ever plan on reading them, this site is great to brush up on all the story lines. It basically summarizes every issue. If you haven't read the comics but plan to, its best to avoid this site since the summaries cheapen the drama you would get from reading each issue. You can also click on every character's name and read their whole story from start to finish. Ninja, could be spoiler to TV fans: I'm probably never going to read the Rise of the Governor book, so I read the synopsis on that site. Interesting stuff and also they have a random tie in to Wilshire Estates that I think some will enjoy.

The IMDB board:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/board/threads/

Pretty terrible and not moderated so a lot of junk on there. Weird they make you click through every reply rather than simply scroll through them. If you are searching for spoilers though, this site usually posts them first if you want to dig for them.

I have really been enjoying these episodes. There are slow parts but overall they are keeping my interest.

My main question would be: if they are being asked to leave, why dont they just go find their own farm. Herschels couldnt be the only one in the community.

I asked myself the same thing. What about that abandoned house nearby that Daryl found?

If I understand correctly, the 2nd half will air starting in March.

thats a bummer. Wish it was right after xmas at the latest. BTW does anyone else feel like this season hasn't been nearly as good as the first? Don't get me wrong I love it, but they've added a bunch of drama this year. Moar ZOMBIES!!!

Ps, how much BS was it that Andrea couldn't hit the broad side of a barn when she was shooting at that swinging log, but as soon as she was faced with a horde of zombies later on, she started picking them off like a pro sniper.

not every episode can be them being chased by hordes of zombies, there has to be character development and the setting and tone have to be maintained. So this episode you get people training/honing their survival skills, and all sorts of character conflicts were developed, both personal and with others. If all you're expecting is the cliche zombie movie with a bunch of killing and running around, then I can see why the episode was boring. If you actually like character development and a more realistic approach where there are conflicts besides just the one vs. the zombies, then this episode was pretty good, IMO.

actually im not into zombies at all.

In fact when a friend told me about the show i was like nah i dont want to watch some stupid zombie show, but i tried it anyway and fell in love with it.

Everybody i talked to i said this show is not about zombies its about the character development and the zombies just keep it interesting by adding tension and excitement.

I just dont feel that way anymore, it seems slow and the stories seem dragged out and kinda boring.

thats a bummer. Wish it was right after xmas at the latest. BTW does anyone else feel like this season hasn't been nearly as good as the first? Don't get me wrong I love it, but they've added a bunch of drama this year. Moar ZOMBIES!!!

Ps, how much BS was it that Andrea couldn't hit the broad side of a barn when she was shooting at that swinging log, but as soon as she was faced with a horde of zombies later on, she started picking them off like a pro sniper.

I think the whole point was that she was an excellent, naturally talented marksman, as far as it goes, but her problems with a moving target were all in her head. That old tv show/movie/book cliche of someone finally being able to do something they've always technically been capable of under pressure, when they can't think about it.

After watching the entirebfirstbseason in one sitting, I was blown away by all the action. Probably why im kinda getting bored socfsr with season 2.

I understandbthey want us to learn more about the characters...but the last 5 episodes have felt like im watching Grey's anatomy

The creator fired all the writers from season 1 and he was then in turn fired. Whoever the new people are have decided to change it from intelligent action with some drama to emotional drama with some action. Might be to conform with the budget. I have noticed fewer zombies and the show is being shot is smaller locations that change less frequently. Despite being the most watched show in cable history the producers decided to go cheap. Damn shame.

As far as I can tell the show is being written like this....

Come up with cool scenarios that can all be shot on a farm in a cheap place to rent....

- ZOMBIE IN WELL! (have them lower a guy into the well for no reason!)

- SEX SCENES! (Farmers daughter! We'd be crazy not to set that up! *high five*)

- LOST CHILDREN! (kids get lost in the woods all the time bro)

- KID GETTING SHOT! (have him stand near a dear, hunting accidents are totally believable)

- ZOMBIE BARN! (no one will notice that they don't bang on the doors like all the other zombies in the history of time do if they so much as hear a noise on the other side of it)

Don't get me wrong zombies are still entertaining and the fact that it's not a cop, lawyer, cop & lawyer, doctor, or cop & doctor show will keep me watching it. I'm just hoping if the budget ever goes back up they get the old writers back. I have a feeling these guys think Resident Evil: Extinction was a good and I'm actually more worried about what they'd do with a larger special effects budget.

I still got World War Z to look forward too. ... and maybe one day Left 4 Dead! (come on Pixar, they don't all have to be for kids!)

what about all the gun fire during target practice? aren't they concerned that will draw walkers to the fence line? If not to the compound, at least to the vicinity?

In the comic their target practice actually......*draws one over and they catch it and put it in the barn. The scene makes more sense in the comic because they just came from hairy situation in a suburb before finding Hershel's - the group was scattered and attacked by a mob and they thought it would be best to teach everyone to defend themselves.

*Ninja for slight comic spoilers

Come up with cool scenarios that can all be shot on a farm in a cheap place to rent....

- KID GETTING SHOT! (have him stand near a dear, hunting accidents are totally believable)

- ZOMBIE BARN! (no one will notice that they don't bang on the doors like all the other zombies in the history of time do if they so much as hear a noise on the other side of it)

yeah this is the stuff that is driving me nuts about this show.

they had some of it in the first season but it wasnt half as bad.

like why do they all sleep in tents when there is an rv sitting right there, i meen i dont give a **** if i had to stack three high in that thing if theres a zombie apocolypse going on im not sleeping in a tent, but its obvious they do it just for the drama factor but there are more creative ways of adding drama to the show.

or like 3 episodes ago when the older guy ( i forget his name) says on the top of the rv " im just gonna take a walk" and for no reason whatsoever just wanders off, looks around aimlessly and heads back to the rv. no sane person would do that.

they really need to get more creative in there drama and tension or there gonna lose me quick.

another thing that doesnt make much sense is why are they driving such a p.o,s R.V. they could have there pick of thousands of state of the art triple slide out air conditioned beautys but there driving a 1950 something %^$%box that keeps breaking down.

The creator fired all the writers from season 1 and he was then in turn fired. Whoever the new people are have decided to change it from intelligent action with some drama to emotional drama with some action. Might be to conform with the budget. I have noticed fewer zombies and the show is being shot is smaller locations that change less frequently. Despite being the most watched show in cable history the producers decided to go cheap. Damn shame.

Don't get me wrong zombies are still entertaining and the fact that it's not a cop, lawyer, cop & lawyer, doctor, or cop & doctor show will keep me watching it. I'm just hoping if the budget ever goes back up they get the old writers back. I have a feeling these guys think Resident Evil: Extinction was a good and I'm actually more worried about what they'd do with a larger special effects budget.

I still got World War Z to look forward too. ... and maybe one day Left 4 Dead! (come on Pixar, they don't all have to be for kids!)

You're ignoring the fact that many of those storylines came from the source material. They've changed some stuff, but most of your gripes, in terms of "cool, cheap scenarios" at the barn to save money are from the comics the show is based on.

I really don't think they're purposely trying to just save money. I think they're just at a place in the comics where there is a smaller area the action takes place in.

Also, as far as I was aware, the showrunner or whatever fired the writing team after season 1, but wasn't fired himself. And he was involved with writing most of the episodes from season 1 as well.

You're ignoring the fact that many of those storylines came from the source material. They've changed some stuff, but most of your gripes, in terms of "cool, cheap scenarios" at the barn to save money are from the comics the show is based on.

I really don't think they're purposely trying to just save money. I think they're just at a place in the comics where there is a smaller area the action takes place in.

Also, as far as I was aware, the showrunner or whatever fired the writing team after season 1, but wasn't fired himself. And he was involved with writing most of the episodes from season 1 as well.

On the budget

Even though The Walking Dead proved to be a hit – and it is the only series that AMC owns completely – the network had already announced to the producers that they would not only be cutting the budget of the series from $3.4 million to $2.7 million, but that they would also want 13 episodes produced instead of 6 episodes that made up its first season.
http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-frank-darabont-amc-aco-127783/

That's about $567,000 per episode in season one to $208,000 per episode in season two. Basically 37% of the original budget.

It's funny most of the first season came right from the pages of the comic, even some of the frames. Honestly for those that don't know...the parts that AMC created that don't appear in the books are really well done but a few fall flat.

POSSIBLE SHOW SPOILERS DO NOT HIGHLIGHT!!

The good: The tank scene, Morgan's emotional scene killing his wife, Merle's plea to God on the rooftop, both Merle and Daryl's characters, Shane's incident with Otis, Shane sticking around for more drama...

The bad: The CDC, the well scene, the Sophia stuff. It's obvious filler for a full length season

Hopefully th pace will pick up next year.

Archived