Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell Vs Rex Gossman

Highway66

ASF would be proud.

I'm just saying, all of his interceptions were thrown to where his hands would be when the ball got to hand level. There's a glaring omission that in the Cowboys game the quarterback threw it to a place where his hands weren't and it bounced off his helmet.

Compare the average of his interceptions of balls that weren't thrown to his hands vs the league average of "elite" CB's interceptions of balls that don't hit their hands and I bet Corlas Rodger is just average at best.

What about never getting rid of JC, not getting McNabb, and keeping those 2 draft picks? Who knows how Jason would have done had he been here last season and this...I'm guessing mediocre, and not much better / worse the Grossman. Whatever though, we'll never know, and that doesn't really bother me. I'm happy with the off-season draft picks for the most part (still not over Jenkins going down :(), and I'm definitely happy with a 3-1 record (even though it should be 4-0). Keep winning and I don't care who's at QB.

JC is not a good pro leader, has skills but is not a leader and will be only marginally successful unless the rest of team is all world..

Rex...has a lot to prove and his attitude is too ****y, lackadaisical I kinda need to see him have a few great games before I stop thinking Beck might be a better option...I'm a bit underwhelmed by Grossman and think he needs to shut up and put up...the fact he is out of shape and hasn't worked on fitness and speed fricken kills me...dude should be in all world shape!!!! thinks he can come in and Billy Kilmer it...Dallas owned him and beat us cause Rex is fat and slow...

Kyle's offense is a QB's dream.

Based on Campbell's 2009 production* (64.5 comp%--3,618 yds--7.14 ypa--20 TD--15 INTs 9 86.4 Passer Rating) I think he would look pretty good in this offense.

*(when he played without a running game or running backs, with Zorn/Sherman Lewis calling plays, no FO leadership, the worst bookend OT tandem in the league, behind one of the worst OL's in league and limited talent at WR)

Based on Campbell's 2009 production* (64.5 comp%--3,618 yds--7.14 ypa--20 TD--15 INTs 9 86.4 Passer Rating) I think he would look pretty good in this offense.

*(when he played without a running game or running backs, with Zorn/Sherman Lewis calling plays, no FO leadership, the worst bookend OT tandem in the league, behind one of the worst OL's in league and limited talent at WR)

He also played in an offense where about 60% of his yardage was YAC from screens and short passes, and had one of the worst deep-ball completion percentages in the league.

Jason Campbell would flop in this offense, largely because he'd actually have to make reads and throw accurate passes in stride over the middle. Rex can do those things - his weaknesses are decision-making (tries to force passes), arm strength and pocket presence.

I agree it's a QB's dream. Receivers are open all the time. McNabb was the first and probably the last QB to complain about it.

As far as Campbell goes, I suspect Kyle saw something in him on tape he didn't like. I've never even heard a rumor that he had an issue with JC not being the guy here.

I bet Grossman would be killing it if he were on the Raiders right now (for the most part)...

i doubt it. as much as i dislike JC's style, its is 100% suitable to oakland's offense. all JC has to do is not make mistakes, and the short passes and running game should allow the offense to put up enough passes to win.

i think rex would be gambling and would lose games for them.

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 05:00 PM ----------

I thought they did a lot of screens and dump offs to the RBs in order to get them the ball in space (at least last year they seem to be). I just know that Grossman reads defenses better and has a quicker release...give him that running game (and a scheme designed to maximize it), and he can be deadly with an effective play action.

80% of their passes are short passes. JC makes zero throws over the middle and maybe like 4 or 5 deep looks per game, and campbell has been horrible in that regard.

still though, i think JC is better there, he is allowing the team's playmakers (which are really good) to do the work. grossman would most likely ignore the checkdown to mcfadden and throw a crossing route. sometimes successful, and oftentimes, not.

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 05:00 PM ----------

Campbell = 6 TD's through 5 games.

Grossman = 6 TD's through 4 games.

Grossman wins.

campbell also has a rushing TD or two.

One play that makes me believe that Rex is a better fit in this offense than Campbell would have been is that short slant for the TD against the Giants to Gaffney. No chance Campbell makes that throw like Rex did. Rex is much quicker with the ball. Quicker decisions, quicker delivery. He doesn't wait for the receiver to get open every time. He throws to spots and throws them open. Campbell has never done that. Stats aren't the way to compare.

Guest Spearfeather

Grossman over Campbell or McNabb.

Grossman makes decisions quicker than Cambell and McNabb, and has a quicker release.

Edit: Armchair, it appears we posted, pretty much the same thing at the same time. (6:13):ols:

Archived