Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell Vs Rex Gossman

Highway66

I am not a big Rex person I know neither are you. I recall you not liking JC, curious who do you like better if you had to pick one JC or Rex?

lol at "not liking JC". and theyre both bad so itd be like picking which bag of **** to eat. campbell isnt quick enough and never went through his reads fast enough to excel in this offense, which is why he was let go. he barely has to do anything in oakland: hand off to mcfadden and bush 35 times a game, throw 2 deep balls, usually completing 1-2 per month, throw mounds of screen passes, and scramble every now and then.

rex is a better fit for our offense, but hes still a poor QB.

lol at "not liking JC". and theyre both bad so itd be like picking which bag of **** to eat. campbell isnt quick enough and never went through his reads fast enough to excel in this offense, which is why he was let go. he barely has to do anything in oakland: hand off to mcfadden and bush 35 times a game, throw 2 deep balls, usually completing 1-2 per month, throw mounds of screen passes, and scramble every now and then.

I bet Grossman would be killing it if he were on the Raiders right now (for the most part)...

Yeah I know saying you don't like JC as the Skins QB is an understatement. For me although they are different type of QB's, Rex and JC leave me with the same mediocre vibe in that they will rarely be the MAIN reason why you win a game.

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 02:46 PM ----------

Take away those three interceptions that Rex has thrown in the last two games and he will have a higher QB rating than Jason.

Also Rex's numbers climb if you throw out the Rams game, they are much better if you don't include it. :D

Take away those three interceptions that Rex has thrown in the last two games and he will have a higher QB rating than Jason.

And here we go into a different reality...

wormhole.jpg

Step on in and see a world where Rex Grossman had different results but everyone else remained the same.

I bet Grossman would be killing it if he were on the Raiders right now (for the most part)...

na, to my knowledge their pass pro isnt that great and he cant scramble. plus most of their routes are just deep routes and deep outs, which is why they wanted campbell and his arm strength. grossman would probably try to hard to fit passes into windows with that team and throw a lot of picks, and be susceptible to more picks deep due to his lack of arm strength.

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 02:52 PM ----------

ASF dedicated a whole thread to this very idea

lol, that was the best argument ever. "If you remove all of the bad things that player does for his career, hes actually very good".

i wish i could have done that in school. "Teach, just ignore all those questions i got wrong, look at the right ones and just use those!!"

I don't know Campbell from Adam, but I hated his attitude on the field and he always came across as someone who didn't have much going on between his ears. Grossman's flaws definitely rival those of Campbell, but they're flaws I am more tolerant of. Thus, I think Grossman is the lesser of two evils.

If you gave Grossman Campbell's arm and size, you'd have a borderline top 10 QB imo. Would probably still force some balls, but it'd work out a lot better because he'd have the arm to get them in there. He certainly has more accuracy, a more accurate deep ball (just lacks power), and is better reading defenses and understanding the offense.

Imo Grossman is a C; Campbell is a D.

And here we go into a different reality...

Step on in and see a world where Rex Grossman had different results but everyone else remained the same.

Why in the world are we doing this again? It's been over a year since JC was even IN DC, can't we move on? Why don't we compare a more relevant former QB, McNabb?

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 02:09 PM ----------

Here's McNabb vs Rex:

QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int

McNabb 80.0 75 132 56.8 849 169.8 6.43 4 2

Grossman 78.7 83 143 58.0 989 247.3 6.9 6 5

Nice, especially considering he's played one more game than Rex.

na, to my knowledge their pass pro isnt that great and he cant scramble. plus most of their routes are just deep routes and deep outs, which is why they wanted campbell and his arm strength. grossman would probably try to hard to fit passes into windows with that team and throw a lot of picks, and be susceptible to more picks deep due to his lack of arm strength.

I thought they did a lot of screens and dump offs to the RBs in order to get them the ball in space (at least last year they seem to be). I just know that Grossman reads defenses better and has a quicker release...give him that running game (and a scheme designed to maximize it), and he can be deadly with an effective play action.

I thought they did a lot of screens and dump offs to the RBs in order to get them the ball in space (at least last year they seem to be). I just know that Grossman reads defenses better and has a quicker release...give him that running game (and a scheme designed to maximize it), and he can be deadly with an effective play action.

eh, i guess he could be. i just dont think his arm strength could get it done. those receivers are so fast he'd underthrow all of them lol.

Archived