Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proper etiquette when visiting Fed Ex Field

Burgold

How about we work on cursing/swearing and generally being obnoxious. Especially around families.

Probably won't ever take my kid to a Redskins game because of the fans. Not until he's well in to his teens at least.

That's a shame, of all the games my kids have been to over the years it's the games when they were little that we/they talk about the most.

Im law enforcement and have always stood at attention for national anthems. The people on here fussing about the "o" ALL THE TIME, grows tiresome. I'm considering yelling it as loud as possible for the Eagles game just because of the those people. People talk on their phones, leave their hats on, and walk around during the national anthem. I find all disrespectful but I'm not going to try to change them because it wouldn't matter if I did try, learn to live with it and STFU.

How about we work on cursing/swearing and generally being obnoxious. Especially around families.

Probably won't ever take my kid to a Redskins game because of the fans. Not until he's well in to his teens at least.

I agree completely!!! This is a big no no in my book and cant stand the lack of common sense.

I completely agree. I love going to Redskins games and when I have a family I would love to share my fandom with them, but FedEx can be a really nasty place sometimes. People getting too drunk and fighting with other Redskins fans? What gives? We're cheering for the same team!

I agree completely!!! This is a big no no in my book and cant stand the lack of common sense.

I understand why this might be irritating, but honestly, I can't watch a football game without swearing. The emotional peaks and valleys are too great. Swear words are the only ones that can immediately encompass my feelings. Ahead of time apologies to virgin ears.

I'm a Virginian and I grew up an Orioles fan because that's what we had. I don't participate in the O thing during Redskins games, but it doesn't bother me either. I don't see it as a "Baltimore thing". With all the annoying crap that some fans do at games, it seems like something pretty quibbly to get your pants in a twist over.

Stand up when those if front of you stand up. PLEASE! :pfft:

Right. I'm up the whole game. Row 29 in the 400s....for you first timers, that is the highest point of the stadium.

My one and only rule: If you are going to take the time and effort to go to the game, be loud.

Do not come if you aren't willing to help this team.

BTW: Paratroopers are awesome, but Rangers Lead the Way.

I'm a Virginian and I grew up an Orioles fan because that's what we had. I don't participate in the O thing during Redskins games, but it doesn't bother me either. I don't see it as a "Baltimore thing". With all the annoying crap that some fans do at games, it seems like something pretty quibbly to get your pants in a twist over.

I agree it's not a huge deal but it is annoying. Pretty much along the same lines as someone putting their own name on the back of a Skins jersey. It's just makes the people that do it look stupid.

Right. I'm up the whole game. Row 29 in the 400s....for you first timers, that is the highest point of the stadium.

My one and only rule: If you are going to take the time and effort to go to the game, be loud.

Do not come if you aren't willing to help this team.

BTW: Paratroopers are awesome, but Rangers Lead the Way.

I'm in row 8 of section 142 (lower level) and Stand and scream the entire game. So far nobody in my section has complained (atleast to me) and they get up and scream louder. Even the players turn around and are like WTF? LOL.

ALL THE WAY!

Im law enforcement and have always stood at attention for national anthems. The people on here fussing about the "o" ALL THE TIME, grows tiresome. I'm considering yelling it as loud as possible for the Eagles game just because of the those people. People talk on their phones, leave their hats on, and walk around during the national anthem. I find all disrespectful but I'm not going to try to change them because it wouldn't matter if I did try, learn to live with it and STFU.

Must be a baltimore city officer.

Rule .08: Please drink responsibly before and during the game. There's nothing more irritating as a fan than having to essentially babysit the guy sitting next to you because he's liable to either pass out or throw up on you at any minute.

Last year I was at the MNF catastrophe. The 2 guys sitting next to me were Eagles fans who came in so completely smashed that they could not stand up straight and kept leaning on me and taking up what little space I had. And the worst part was that they were completely unaware that they were doing it. When I asked them to stop, the guy turned to me with eyes so glazed over I was amazed he was still conscious, and he was currently trying to get the beer vendor's attention so he could have another. Yes I know, they were Philly fans, but it's still important to make sure that you're not so intoxicated during the game (that you dropped some serious $$$ for, no less) that you're ruining the experience for those around you (who also paid serious $$$ to watch).

- Be at your seat for the opening kickoff. This isn't LA. You can't leave your car at 12:50 to be in your seat for a 1:00 kickoff.

- Wait until after the play before leaving your seat, unless you're at the end of the row. Similarly, upon returning, crouch down in the aisle until the play is over before entering your row to go back to your seat.

- Stand up and yell like a banshee when the Skins are on defense. Sit down and shut up when the Skins are on offense. If there's a time out or other break in the action, and everyone else in your entire section is sitting down, you should be too.

- If after the game your voice does not sound like an 80-year-old Delta blues singer, you did not yell enough during the game.

I would like to point out that it is okay to cheer very loudly after the Redskins make a big play on offense as long as you are quiet at the appropriate times. When they are on defensive be as loud as you can the whole time.

Must be a baltimore city officer.

Nope, i prefer not to get shot at on a regular basis but I get what you were trying to do there.

Im an Os fan as well...Not saying that people SHOULD say O at the skins game, just dont think anyones going to change the people who do so theres no sense in worrying about it. Not saying you, just the people that hate it and complain so much.

Archived