Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who has been the most impressive offensive lineman thus far?

El-Rey

Tough to answer because the T positions always get the spotlight. The C position has been a big upgrade with Montgomery. Chris Chester has been a pleasant surprise. See what I mean I can't pick one. The overall unit looks impressive and hopefully they can stay healthy for a long while.

:helmet:

Williams earned another notch of respect from me last week when Rex threw that second pick. Williams hustled from all the way across the field to make the tackle and showed off his remarkable athleticism. He's played much better since week one, as has Chester. For anyone who missed the play I was talking about, check out the 2:00 mark of this link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIPXy_T9L64&feature=related

Trent easily for me. He's the best lineman on the team right now, by a sound margin. As well he should be given his draft status.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Lichtensteiger at times too. Monty is a mixed bag. His run blocking can really be an issue at times but he doesn't give up interior pressures often. He's just fair. Could be a lot worse I suppose.

The right side of the line is really subpar. Hopefully they'll settle in eventually and give you a consistently good effort every week but I wouldn't count on it. Draft picks need to be spent here.

If the question is which position was the biggest upgrade this season to last, then it obviously has to be Monty since Chester hasn't been very good and Trent, JB, and Lichtensteiger all played their current positions last year.

But I feel like the question is asking which lineman's play has been the best so far this year, regardless of last year's play. I think it's absolutely Trent. His worst games are great games for the other four. He's got the most responsibilities and is the linchpin of the offense and his play is the best anyway.

OL is a team position. One guy a champion does not make. This is our best OL in many, many years.

Congrats they win the special olympics. Trent has been the best. I still feel we need 2 or 3 starters on this OLine. JB needs replaced as does CC. A parking cone would of been an upgrade over Rabach. Monty as done decently but we are running around 10% between the tackls and this will be snuffed out before long by teams as the season goes on. I hope to use our second round pick on a RG or C if Rocky McIntosh continues to improve.

Honestly I think the line as a whole has been playing exceptional well as a unit. You can't expect them to stop ever blitz, rusher at all times the guys on the other side of the ball get paid to do there job also. If I had to pick one I would say Montgomery he is a vast improvement over Ez-Pass..

Trent is getting better. Kory has been solid, Brown still has too many holding calls at critical times. For me, Montgomery is the answer. Having a center that does not get pushed back into the QB on every play like Easy pass Rabach did is huge.

I think they are all getting used to the ZBS and certainly as a group are in a much better position than we were last year

I'd say Trent and Kory have been playing excellently for us, and Monty's been a huge upgrade as well. I think Chester just has to get used to the scheme and what we're asking him to do, and then he'll be fine, and Brown is what he is, but altogether, this is the best and most consistent offensive line this team has had in a LONG time, and some of the sacks Rex has taken this season were less on the line and more on Rex.

The most impressive has been Trent. He was already a quite decent LT last season. He has improved a lot since the start of this season. And being able to run-down linebackers doesn't hurt. He's the star of that line right now.

The most impressive upgrade has been Montgomery. I liked Rabach as a smart, hardworking, character player, and I think he's probably going to wind up as a line coach somewhere in the NFL. But i never realized just how bullied around he was until I saw Montgomery play. Montgomery is a lot harder to push back.

Archived