Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Cooley laughs at Romo for choking, wants to fight him in the cage

emor09

Its not even smack talk. He was just relaying his reaction to that game. He found it funny. So did every other Redskins fan. Romo sits to pee and the Cowboys choked away a 24 point lead in the fourth quarter by Romo sits to pee throwing back to back pick 6's. That is Its not like Cooley said we're gonna go and blow the Cowboys out next time we face them. Some of you people should get a grip.

Is Chris Cooley playing this year?

Maybe try doing something on the field first before poking fun at others. Especially since Romo sits to pee beat us last week.

STFU Cooley.

Maybe, just MAYBE, that is EXACTLY why he said what he did. BECAUSE we lost last weekend.

Get a grip people, it is not that big of a deal. All it does is stir the fire under both the teams. I like a good fight between Dallas and my Skins! We are NOT supposed to be nice to anyone on the Pukes team, PERIOD!

I guess I'm kindof old school. You don't talk trash about a team that beat you. It makes you look kindof foolish.

The best thing to do is to go out and beat them at FedEx. Then say anything you want.

The 'Skins could have helped put the cowboys in a 1-3 hole. They blew it.

Ironically, they did the same thing to the Giants in 2007. Had the opportunity to put them at 0-3. Blew it. Led the entire game. Couldn't get 1 first down in the second half until about 6 minutes to go in the game when the had finally surrendered the lead. The Giants won the SB that year.

It doesn't appear as though Dallas is going to be able to duplicate that.

That and the fact he's calling out a guy who we couldn't get near injured and who's team we just lost to.

Some of these guys just NEVER learn.

Hail.

The Redskins offense isn't exactly setting the world on fire right now if not for the defense Sunday we would have been in the same boat ourselves.

I'm not saying he shouldn't laugh it couldn't happen to a more deserving player than Romo sits to pee but YOU DO NOT say that in the media. I would bet Orakpo was laughing his ass off too in the locker room.

---------- Post added October-4th-2011 at 04:40 PM ----------

Is Chris Cooley playing this year?

Maybe try doing something on the field first before poking fun at others. Especially since Romo sits to pee beat us last week.

STFU Cooley.

If it were any other player on the roster than Cooley it would be a totally different tone.

this would be better material if Cooley wasn't washed up and replaced as the starter.

anything to get his name back in lights I guess.

They just played his comments on NFL Live and Teddy B made a great point Cooley does NOT play defense and this is just going to motivate Romo sits to pee come November and the Cowturd defense will probably feel some kind of way about it too. Cooley better have the best game of his career when these idiots come to Fed Ex field later this year.

I love it. Cooley cracks me up. And pulease....peeps tryna rag Cooley's stats. The cat was coming off a knee injury. Trying to get in shape. Keep in mind our starting FB is hurt and Cooley has been doing a pretty good job filling in. Obviously if Young was in, the twin TE sets would allow Cooley more catches + yards. Think people think! Jeez.

HAIL!

I love it. Cooley cracks me up. And pulease....peeps tryna rag Cooley's stats. The cat was coming off a knee injury. Trying to get in shape. Keep in mind our starting FB is hurt and Cooley has been doing a pretty good job filling in. Obviously if Young was in, the twin TE sets would allow Cooley more catches + yards. Think people think! Jeez.

HAIL!

Finally, someone with sense.

I think Dan Graziano(writer of the nfceast blog on ESPN) has a Hard-on for Tony Romo sits to pee. Read his latest article if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Did we really choke against the cowboys, the game was played in Texas, and the cowboys didnt score a touchdown against us, bad luck sometimes plays a part in football, and i heard that the six field goals was a record in one game, it was what it was, another MNF miracle but this time it was against us not for us, and to be honest Romo sits to pee seems to do that a lot doesnt he, glad he has a star on his hat and not the chief,

HTTR

HTTRocca (he's Aussie mate)

I love it. I have never seen a player that does so little and chokes so much get so much ass kissing. He can lie about the Redskins cheating and no one calls him out on it? Hell no, I hate Romo sits to pee, and did anyone see how he made sure the cameras were in the locker room last week so he can put on his flack jacket in front of cameras, poor little Romo sits to pee, poor poor baby, maybe the people at ESPN can change his diapers for him

Did people forget that Cooley is a pro-bowl Tight End for us? I think he's earned the privilege to say whatever he likes. I cannot believe people are telling CC to stfu as if he's some no name player that's never come through for us or never been involved with the Cowboys/Redskins rivalry.. Some of you guys are a joke.

I agree CC seeing Tony Romo sits to pee choke away a lead like that is nothing short of epic!

And Teddy B is an idiot if he thinks this will be "bullentin material" for the Cowboys when we play them again. Uhhh, its Redskin vs Cowboys one of the most storied rivalry in all of sports. If you can't get hyped up about that alone then well.. Smack talk (which goes on all the time in the NFL) won't get you pumped to play.

I love it! Cooley is saying it like it is. Romo sits to pee is a choker and will always break more than push through to victory. Romo sits to pee has "Matt Leinart Syndrome." He has this Hollywood image but a pea brain. What do you expect him to say? "Tony is a good QB and it isn't his fault?' When in reality he is another Dan Marino and Dan Fouts type player. Put up the stats but can never get his team to the promise land. ****the Cowboys and ESPN for being their "Cheerleaders."

Define "wusses" sir.:pfft:

Gladly lol :D...

It's anyone who takes the "OMG, one of our players talked bad about a division rival, we're doomed! / Only players destined to the Hall Of Fame are allowed to say anything whatsoever to the media! / We may have upset one of the Dallas players now, way to go, Cooley! / We can't make fun of the Cowboys, even if they have a worse record than we do, because we lost by 2 points to them! TWO POINTS!! What the hell was Cooley thinking!!" stance lol :ols:...

I swear, the complete lack of fortitude that some Skins fans are showing over this is nauseating.

What's funny is that when players on division rival teams would become injured, there were a bunch of people on this site who screamed out with pleasure and saying "**** it! I don't care! Injuries part of the game! I want half their starters injured by the time we play them! I hope Vick loses his head in a car accident!"...

But let Chris Cooley make a joking comment about Romo sits to pee choking away both the game AND the division lead, and everyone is wringing their hands and grinding their teeth over it, scared ****less that it might lend some motivation to some Dallas players 5 weeks down the road :ols:...

Like I said before, I honesty do think there are some on this board, and maybe even on this thread, who truly DO hate Cooley more than they hate Romo sits to pee. They'll downplay and dismiss Cooley's play and accomplishments while on the Skins, and openly yearn for and wish Romo sits to pee was our starting QB.

I can see where some fans would agree with those lines of thinking.

But, I guess there are just some of us who are not about talking. We (along with D.Hall) did all of the talking before the Dallas game and we ended up losing.

Who ****ing cares if they talk? lol...damn, wuss, wuss, wuss lol :silly:

What's also funny, is that there have been quite a few ES members who pined for a coach like Rex Ryan, how they could tell his boastfulness and brashness motivated his team, would ridicule Zorn's "stay medium" stance and brush away Gibbs' attitdude of "Everyone in the league is better than us, we better watch out" stances in his press conferences. I know a lot of people hate Ryan (I know I do lol), but yeah, quite a few loved his brash ways and his "swagger" or whatever you want to call it.

It's not Dallas week any longer, and yes most of us do have a sense of humor and know that Cooley is a funny guy, but when we laugh about Romo sits to pee choking away the biggest lead in franchise history, all he would have to do to shut any one of us up is to simply say...yeah, but I was good enough to beat your asses one week ago.

Ouch.

I want you to think of your favorite Redskins players throughout the last 40 years...think of the best Skins players during that time as well...I would hazard to guess that the majority of them wouldn't take a "whoa is us, we need to be humble until we are able to beat the Cowboys" approach. I damn sure know that George Allen would have curb-stomped any Skins player OR fan for thinking like that lol...He hated them from the get-go, it didn't require several wins over Dallas first before he started bad-mouthing them. Bugel flipped off the Cowboys before the game started :ols:...The Cowboys threw a wreath into the Skins' lockerroom after the Skins lost. Getting under the skin of a rival team you HATE is just an incredible aspect of rivalries in the NFL...and nobody did it better than the Redskins and Cowboys.

I am PRAYING Cooley's words get under the Skins of their entire bloated, egotistical roster lol...and I am praying that the Redskins' players (unlike the Redskins fans) have Cooley's back and are right there with him, ready to back up his words instead of shying away from it and thinking "Oh, noes, Felix Jones and Anthony Spenser might be upset at us now!"

Who the **** wants a team like that.

BTW, was what Cooley said really all that funny or are a lot of people just amused because of who is saying it?

To me, whether he said anything funny or not is irrelevant...I just loved hearing what his feelings were as he watched the Cowboys choke away the division lead while we were taking it back from them lol :cool:...What else matters?

---------- Post added October-4th-2011 at 03:52 PM ----------

He really needs to go find himself a woman or a man if that is the case.

Hey, manny, why haven't you been sending me even more of those homoerotic PMs you were so found of?...

I'd pay to see a UFC fight between Romo sits to pee and Cooley.

Frankly, I'm surprised Fox hasn't put together a celebrity UFC card yet. You know Dustin Diamond and Danny Bonaduce are just sitting by their phones waiting for the call on that one.

Why? Because the UFC isn't a circus act. This is beyond dumb.

---------- Post added October-4th-2011 at 06:55 PM ----------

Meh. I'd find a lot more humor in this had we not "choked" against Romo sits to pee.

I know I'm going to get blasted for this, but my first thought was please STFU Chris.

I agree with. I know he's just "shooting the S" with Lavar and Thad but it sounds foolish especially after they beat us the week before.

Whatever.

It's Dallas. We always play close with Dallas. Yes, Dallas beat us, but as much as the media would like to say otherwise, Tony Romo sits to pee did not beat us. Dan Bailey beat us. Whenever we play, win lose or draw, Tony Romo sits to pee is very rarely the deciding outcome of the game.

It's a rivalry, folks. Every time we sign a player, every time we draft a new guy, what's one of the first things they learn? That the Redskins fans hate Dallas. We all say it. We all know it. "WE WANT DALLAS!". That chant is ingrained into our entire teams history. It's impossible to ignore that.

Cooley trashed talked, arguably, our most hated rival, if not our most important. Boo hoo. Who cares? What's the point of saying "Shut up, Chris!" and bringing up the fact that he isn't have a great season? Chris isn't saying anything we weren't all thinking, nor was Chris out of line for saying anything. He was joking, mostly anyway. Chris jokes. It's who he is.

If Tony Romo sits to pee is gonna hold a grudge against us until November when we play them again, then that's Tony. You shouldn't need a guy trash talking you to get motivated. It should help, but that's it. Tony's got more things to worry about that one number 47 says, like how in the hell he's going to salvage himself after the embarrassing performance they put on last week.

Every time we sign a player, every time we draft a new guy, what's one of the first things they learn? That the Redskins fans hate Dallas. We all say it. We all know it. "WE WANT DALLAS!". That chant is ingrained into our entire teams history. It's impossible to ignore that.

That's a damn good point :yes:...Whenever a new player or a rookie lays some smack talk down about the Cowboys, damn near this entire board cheers. NOBODY says "STFU, rookie, you haven't even made the team yet! Besides, Dallas beat us in the 2nd game last year!"...instead, we hoot and howl that the new player/rookie is "already a 'True Redskin'"...

Yet, when an actual true Redskins says it, what happens... :doh:

Off Topic but James Toney?

Real Quick: Toney has 70+ boxing wins and trained in MMA and Dana signed him to prove a point. The point being that you have to be well rounded which is why Coutore quickly took him down and submitted him. Toney is no side show tho...

As far as #47. I'm not in agreement that he should "stfu"...I hate the Cowboys, Romo sits to pee, etc...Hell, I'd love to get in the octagon with Romo sits to pee too, It just sounds foolish after we lost to the Cowboys. And for the record Romo sits to pee didn't beat us, His numbers were actually worse than Rex's.

That's a damn good point :yes:...Whenever a new player or a rookie lays some smack talk down about the Cowboys, damn near this entire board cheers. NOBODY says "STFU, rookie, you haven't even made the team yet! Besides, Dallas beat us in the 2nd game last year!"...instead, we hoot and howl that the new player/rookie is "already a 'True Redskin'"...

Yet, when an actual true Redskins says it, what happens... :doh:

Man, when Evan Royster was drafted and said Emmit Smith used to be his favorite player, people KILLED the guy on Twitter. You ask Ryan, Hank, Niles, any of our rookies what the first tweets they received after being drafted by us were, I'd reckon they'd all say that they got a ton of tweets about kicking Dallas' ass. Last year, I think Armstrong said his favorite team used to be the Cowboys, and he got creamed.

From the second you come to the Redskins, our players are conditioned to hate Dallas. Free agent or not, jerk or not, the one thing you learn is "you can go 2-14, as long as those two wins or against Dallas, you're okay with me". Now that's largely bullcrap, but the fact is, this fanbase takes the Dallas rivalry very seriously. Maybe too seriously at times, but again; the Dallas Cowboys/Washington Redskins rivalry had deeply sewn into our franchise history. It's multi-generational. It started with our grandfathers, was passed to our fathers, then to us. And the first thing we're gonna teach our sons and daughters when they're young enough to distinguish between red and blue?

I'm not blaming Cooley for saying, essentially, what we were all thinking. Defending Tony Romo sits to pee is indefensible, and I'm kind of sick of this fanbase's incessant "WE CAN NEVER SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ANOTHER TEAM EVER!" attitude. It's annoying. "Man, we can't give the Cowboys any bulletin board material!". Bull. We completely lost the game in week 3. Tony Romo sits to pee didn't do jack squat against us accept for a lucky scramble on a bad play call by our DC. Good on them for capitalizing on our mistake, but I'm kind of over it.

Good for Cooley, taking pleasure in a division rival's pain. Dallas' loss helped the Redskins remain in first place in the NFC East, and honestly, if I'm in the Redskins locker room, I'm kind of sick of hearing about Tony's "heroic" effort to come from behind and beat us, when all he did was throw up a prayer of a pass and Dez Bryant caught it.

All this "pffft, what has Cooley done all season to earn the right to trash talk. LOL, he lost his job to Fred Davis" crap annoys me far more than anything Cooley's saying. Chris Cooley's been forced to play fullback for two games, which has limited what he can do a bit in the offense. He hasn't been a huge factor in games, but he hasn't lost us any games for sure.

What's Tony Romo sits to pee's excuse for choking away two late game leads after dominating all game, other than the fact that he's a freakin' doofus?

This thread deserves 10 stars. As Redskins fans, we should love and support our players hating anything to do with the Cowboys. It's how we feel, so why can't they? He can be as disrespectful as he wants if he's talking about Dallas.

I like trash talk...and the jabs at Romo sits to pee from Cooley. The timing is just a little bad when the boys tried to give the game away as best they could and the Skins still lost. *shrugs* at least we play them again and can hopefully back it up. HTTR! We Want Dallas! ok so it's a little early. so what! lol

Archived