Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1000 Posts! Eagles vs Redskins 10/16/11 REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED IN A DOG BOWL

Chase M

homer blinders on, im forecasting our first blowout of the year:

philadelphia's recent injuries are critical. if im shanahan, trent cole is the biggest threat to offensive success. he will not be playing. also, starting DT antonio dixon is out for the year. what this means is that rex should have more time to throw the ball and that our running backs will have open lanes to crush a defense that is already ranked near the bottom of the league in rushing defense. when the running game gets going, look for kyle to open up the passing game. i expect big performances from davis and cooley.

in addition, jason peters will not be playing. as good as our defensive line has been playing, the eagles need to be at full strength; they will not be, and vick will be running for his life and forced into making bad decisions while playing catchup.

philly's kickers are young and have not shown much yet. look for returnable kicks and punts as well as missed field goals. this could be a big day for brandon banks.

we have an advantage in nearly every aspect of the game.. meanwhile, the eagles are beat up and we are fresh coming off a bye week and motivated from last year's primetime beatdown.

look for us to return the favor. final score 38-10 redskins.

I, in the many scenarios that are popping into my head based off of this Bills game, can't see any way that Vick is not knocked out of next weeks game. It's all on Rex to not **** it up on offense. The D is going to bring it. I do think their (Bills) secondary is better than ours though, but I think our pass rush is better than theirs. That spells pain, lots and lots of pain...

As I watch the Eagles/Bills game, I am extremely concerned about next week's game.

The reason is, that the blue print for beating the Eagles is right there. Its obvious. Run the ball down their throats. Run it, run it, throw screens, and run it some more. Then once in a while throw it downfield to keep the secondary honest.

This is the exact opposite of what Kyle Shannahan seems to want to do with Rex Grossman.

I, in the many scenarios that are popping into my head based off of this Bills game, can't see any way that Vick is not knocked out of next weeks game. It's all on Rex to not **** it up on offense. The D is going to bring it. I do think their (Bills) secondary is better than ours though, but I think our pass rush is better than theirs. That spells pain, lots and lots of pain...

I agree, although if we hit them with a heavy dose of Torain and they continue to suck at stopping the run, that will take some of the pressure off of Rex.

I agree, although if we hit them with a heavy dose of Torain and they continue to suck at stopping the run, that will take some of the pressure off of Rex.

Agree wholeheartedly, which is why I bring up Grossman, and his recent spate of turnovers. When we decide to put the ball in the air, if he can keep everything on schedule, and not turn the ball over, make a play when it's there, accurately deliver the ball, etc etc, I think we get a W.

Agree wholeheartedly, which is why I bring up Grossman, and his recent spate of turnovers. When we decide to put the ball in the air, if he can keep everything on schedule, and not turn the ball over, make a play when it's there, accurately deliver the ball, etc etc, I think we get a W.

Agreed. I really want this game more than any other so far this season. I mean I always pull for us hard but after what happened last year, I would LOVE to see us make a statement and pretty much bury the "Dream Team" for the season.

Archived