Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN (aka: puketv) Cowboys' complaint merits memo

tr1

Assuming something was on these recordings, just an audio record would not be able to tell who was making the noise, just that it was happening.

furthermore, what non injury threatening rules violations have ever warranted mid week discipline?

Apparently the alleged violation that prompted the memo to begin with, as spelled out in said memo?

Somehow the refs miss it happening all game long, the team perpetrating it is so inept it can't take advantage of it even when they know a bad snap is coming, and the NFL after reviewing audio of the mic'd up center and I am guessing the corresponding video from the game itself can't nail a culprit. Sounds like real solid evidence there. Never mind the fact this has been an issue for Romo sits to pee specifically over the last 3 or 4 years with a completely different center.

The Skins were barking imitation snap counts just like Seattle greased up that "shiny ball" that Romo sits to pee fumbled away in the playoffs. Romo sits to pee is such a loser he doesn't know when he's won.

Speaking of losers, it's nice to see WB36 posting again. Not that he's interested in posting about his team much.

Apparently the alleged violation that prompted the memo to begin with, as spelled out in said memo?

the only thing the memo really spells out is a reminder that the act itself is considered unsportsmanlike conduct, What I meant to explain is it seems the memo is more to warn teams that moving forward, mid week fines and other disciplinary action may happen.

Somehow the refs miss it happening all game long

As has been noted, the ref that used to be in position to hear of it happening was moved. That same ref used to be mic'ed, but since he is gone, they now mic the center because nobody is around to hear or record the ambient noise otherwise.

the team perpetrating it is so inept it can't take advantage of it even when they know a bad snap is coming

how would they know a bad snap is coming? does it work every time, or just some of the time? and altering the cadence still doesn't allow them to know on which count the center is to hike it.

and the NFL after reviewing audio of the mic'd up center and I am guessing the corresponding video from the game itself can't nail a culprit. Sounds like real solid evidence there.

yes, you are guessing. we all are.

Never mind the fact this has been an issue for Romo sits to pee specifically over the last 3 or 4 years with a completely different center.

which game did any center before this one snap early more then once? In his entire career, Gurode snapped poorly, but I only recall a single snap that was early.

the only thing the memo really spells out is a reminder that the act itself is considered unsportsmanlike conduct, What I meant to explain is it seems the memo is more to warn teams that moving forward, mid week fines and other disciplinary action may happen.

Unless SirClintonPortis is wrong, the memo also contained this:

If it is determined by video review or other means available to the league office that defensive players are engaging in such practices, such players, and their position coaches, coordinators, and head coaches, will be subject to disciplinary action.

Now assuming that was included in the memo, that means a hell of a lot more than just a 15 yard penalty if it's found out.

As has been noted, the ref that used to be in position to hear of it happening was moved. That same ref used to be mic'ed, but since he is gone, they now mic the center because nobody is around to hear or record the ambient noise otherwise.

I'd be inclined to agree with that, but it was stated that Romo sits to pee and costa came to the refs and alerted them to the issue, yet even being aware of the alleged issue the refs (out of position or not) were unable to detect the Skins doing it.

how would they know a bad snap is coming? does it work every time, or just some of the time? and altering the cadence still doesn't allow them to know on which count the center is to hike it.

Assuming the Skins are as sneaky as costa, Romo sits to pee, dallas fans, and one pathetic eagles fan accuse them of being it wasn't happening on every play or that would have been really easy for the refs to spot even without Romo sits to pee and costa speaking to them giving me the belief that the d-linemen knew when they were going to be trying it. If going into this game the Skins had found out some magical way of simulating the cadence (which would also mean they'd have a hell of a jump on an o lineman if they know the cadence that well) then I would assume Orakpo, Kerrigan, Fletcher and the rest of the gang would have basically been banking on being able to cause these issues for Romo sits to pee and been anticipating them (due to very judicious use) meaning they more than likely would have been capitalizing on them. That wasn't the case though either in sacks due to knowing the cadence or recovered fumbles from anticipating being able to cause an early snap.

And something else to consider, for me at least, is why was Romo sits to pee mad at costa if he knew the issue? And if it was a known issue why not change the count or go with a silent count? Yeah, you don't usually go silent count at home but if this was a real issue to the tune of 6 bad snaps in a very close game you make that adjustment. Garret being coach you would think that a change would be an intuitive one for him being an ex qb.

yes, you are guessing. we all are.

Lol, well, call that one a very educated guess.

which game did any center before this one snap early more then once? In his entire career, Gurode snapped poorly, but I only recall a single snap that was early.

Romo sits to pee has taken more than one snap off the chest or facemask from gurode because he wasn't ready. Bad snaps are completely different from a snap the qb isn't ready for and you can generally tell the difference pretty easily just by the qb's body language and reaction. Maybe never more than once in a game prior, but there is quite a bit of footage (relatively speaking of course) of tony looking like an idiot cause he wasn't ready for the snap. I bet if all ll the snaps Romo sits to pee wasn't ready for and fumbled were totaled and compared to the rest of the NFL for the last 30 years he would stand alone from every other qb.

That's just a guess also, but we'll call it a pretty good one.

at first, i actually thought the skins did probably bark out snap counts, but after reading the articles about the memo and what players are saying, i'm leaning the other way. it really does come off as the cowboys whining, which really shouldnt surprise me.

if that center cant distinguish between Romo sits to pee 10 feet behind him and a defender 6 feet in front of him, and if the cowboys arent using non audible signals in shotgun, then they are dumber than i thought.

Dude, mocking the Cowboys is fun, why get on tr1's case?
Seconded. People need to realize that TR1 is a mastermind. He creates threads and dialogues within threads that always run to one conclusion: The Cowpukes Suck. Just stand back and appreciate his genius even if you don't understand it.

TR1 is still "Mr. ATN" for a reason.

Dude, mocking the Cowboys is fun, why get on tr1's case?

Exactly. It's what Redskins fans are supposed to do :yes:...

But I'm guessing we're only supposed to do it at a frequency that ACW deems appropriate. Or something. I dunno. :ols:

---------- Post added October-2nd-2011 at 05:03 PM ----------

The league is going to issue another memo tomorrow: Games will be called off after a 24 point lead.

:ols: :ols:

As I mentioned in an ESPN thread when the first of 1,000 stories was written about this...what was the excuse when Gurode was doing it? This isn't new to the Pukes, and it seems the common denominator here is...THE HEROIC TONY Romo sits to pee, why isn't he to blame for the early snaps? Someone should catch up with Gurode to see if they can get a comment out of him. BTW how does Gurode go from being a Prowl Bowler with the Pukes, to meeting with the Lions and the Pats before signing a 1 year contract to be a backup in Baltimore?

As soon as I mentioned on the ESPN thread that the Pukes have a history of early snaps...crickets. Thread/

So, Bowen was the culprit? Do you have evidence? The league apparently didn't, otherwise he would be disciplined.

I'm not saying Bowen or anyone on the Redskins simulated the snap count. But even if the league had evidence that he did, why would he be disciplined? As far as I can tell, it's only a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty. Penalties are missed all of the time without supplemental discipline. Why would this be any different?

Threads like this are why we can't have a conversation on an internet messageboard. Do you guys REALLY think Bowen wasn't simulating the snap count? I mean, come on, just admit the obvious.

If this is true then why did nobody else on the offense jump? Not one.

Perhaps they are disciplined? Perhaps they are *not* hard of hearing and can distinguish the voice of their long-time QB?

Or perhaps they aren't the jumpy, inexperienced center who wants to blame his screwups on others. It makes absolutely no sense that no one else heard it. If it happened once I could buy it but it was supposed to have happened over and over. Somebody would have heard it. The center is mic'ed. If it was there the league would have fined the Skins.

Archived