Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tell me Laron Landry is playing please

Skinsfanatic_1

Love Laron, but it scares me as much as Dallas throws down the field. You know he will be extra aggressive tonight and hopefully not bite on any play action, double move stuff.

HTTR!! If we get this win tonight......IF, we get this win tonight....This town will EFFING explode. Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarcasm aside, if it doesn't seem a risk to you to be not only playing, but starting a guy who's not had a full go practice (unless there's something they aren't disclosing) in more than 10 months; in MNF against our biggest rivals; I don't know what you would consider one. You don't know what you've got with a hamstring until you fully stretch it out and work it 100%. What feels right at 70/80 %, is a whole bunch different to when your really testing it. Hammi's are notorious ****es of injuries.

Again, I sincerely hope we aren't just rushing him back because it's Dallas; and that the calculated gamble doesn't backfire.

Hail.

I get the concern...I honestly do. But does this seem like a coaching staff that would make a short-sighted decision like that given the way its handled our personnel so far this year? They've been pretty cautious from what I can tell.

Lets see who do I Trust more -

Our coaching staffs who held LL out for weeks to make sure he's ok or

Cowboys staffs who let him go back to the game with broken ribs and "punctured" lungs?

Heck, it's a lot riskier to let Romo sits to pee play tonight because he's a few hits from done for the season.

I hope he's in shape.

You obviously haven't seen LL in awhile. The question is whether the hammy gets loose.

---------- Post added September-26th-2011 at 03:36 PM ----------

This should also pump up the other players on D. It will be interesting to see the mood of the defense going into the game.

They will be fired up like a Supernova!

There has been sufficient reason given elsewhere to prompt consideration as to whether this thread, it's content, and indeed even it's very existence, is real as most here would frame reality, or if it is something quite different, and no matter which may be the case, the implications of either being manifest in appropriately embraceable form and then competently comprehended, branch out in an ever-icreasing complexity for any proposed actual answer, if there is one made with sufficient definition and detail to impinge upon awareness with needed meaning, that the original construct of suggested interest and focus is rendered quite mute or moot or mook----one of those.

I totally disagree.

I hope he starts and comes through - getting him back not just tonight but for the rest of the year would make us even better on defense. I would think though a final decision will not be taken until after warm ups when they will test it - any doubt or soreness I would hold him out another week.

Are we afraid?

I may be wrong, but I can’t help but feel like the majority of fans don’t want LaRon Landry to play tonight not so much because they, like the coaching staff, don’t want him to risk further injury, but because they’re scared to death that he might somehow jinx this good little thing we got going with all his unbridled enthusiasm and high risk style of play.

Absolutely, folks, we need to keep our wits about us and play with focus and composure. Admittedly, we’re not the New England Patriots, so concentration for us is crucial. Though, at the same time, we can’t fall into such a conservative mindset that we become over cautious and unwilling to just take a chance and unload on motherf-ers.

I’ll agree that this early in the season that yes, we can afford to “stay medium,” as a certain former burgundy and gold head coach used to say. I'd even go so far as to admit that it may even be in our best interest. However, as we’ve all come to painstakingly realize, “medium” only gets us so far.

So, the real question becomes, do we have the balls?

Do we have the nerve to leap out of obscurity—or out from “under the radar” as we’ve boasted—to make a statement against Dallas on MNF in only week 3?

And having asked that,

How much does this game truly mean to our team? How important is 3-0, really?

To those who deny that #30 doesn’t better our chances of winning this game tonight—you’re simply a hater in denial and/or Reed Doughty. Landry is not just a good athlete, he’s an exceptional athlete. Now, does that make him the best or the smartest player on the field? Of course not. No question, LaRon is notorious for overextending his self and making costly mistakes. However, other times his “recklessness” has been the deciding factor in games we would have otherwise lost.

Yes, he lives and dies by the sword, regardless, he’s always a threat. Because he is such a rare breed, opponents have no choice but to be constantly aware of his presence at all times.

Sure, Dirty Thirty makes mistakes, but more times than not, the opposing sideline’s contingency isn’t “how can we exploit LaRon Landry?” but “how can we escape LaRon Landry?”

So, to come out and say, “I hope he doesn’t play” or “we don’t need him, we’re fine” or even “he’s too much of a liability,” you’re essentially asserting:

A) Beating Dallas IN DALLAS on MNF and becoming 3-0 really isn’t all that important.

AND/OR

B) You have no balls and are otherwise yellow.

Where do you stand?

Me, I say lets see what we’re truly made of. Never be afraid to arrive… UNLEASH THE BEAST AND SMASH DALLAS!

HAIL! :point2sky

-skinzerdie

:dallasuck

Archived