Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tell me Laron Landry is playing please

Skinsfanatic_1

Landry still saying he will play.

Shanny last said he'll be a game time decision based on pre game warm ups.

Unfortunately, my crystal ball thinks this is Shanny's way of not having LL moping around Redskins Park all week, being po'd, pouting, etc... He'll probably break it to him during warmups that he's got to sit another week.. :(

I get this line of thinking, but if he's going to go 100% in practice, what's the difference if he goes 100% in the game? If he's ready to go, he's ready to go! I wouldnt want to see them throw him to the wolves for eery play of the game or anything, but having him out there in key situations (or as much as he's comfortable with) is fine with me! Let's go Dirty30!! HAIL!

That's the problem. He didn't go 100% in practice. He hasn't gone 100% in any practice for over 10 months.

You can never tell how your hamstring is until you fully stretch it out at full go.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him out there. But it's a real risk all things considered. I'd rather him sit until he's fully fit then rush back just because it's Dallas and risk reaggrivating it.

Hail.

That's the problem. He didn't go 100% in practice. He hasn't gone 100% in any practice for over 10 months.

You can never tell how your hamstring is until you fully stretch it out at full go.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him out there. But it's a real risk all things considered. I'd rather him sit until he's fully fit then rush back just because it's Dallas and risk reaggrivating it.

Hail.

He went 80% in practice apparently. I really think he is going to play. He might not be in on every defensive play, but he will play .

Personally I hope he doesn't play until after the bye week. Hamstring injuries are one of those injuries that always seems to linger and get re-aggravated. If he's a borderline gametime decision this week sit him until after the bye, let him get all the way healthy, we're going to need him for more than just this week.

This article agrees with you!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...r-to-returning

Considering that the major injuries that have kept LaRon Landry off the field for 10 months have been to his left Achilles and his right hamstring, returning for contests on the artificial surfaces in Dallas Monday and St. Louis next Sunday doesn't make for the most sensible timing.

And considering that the Redskins are off to a surprising 2-0 start, and will walk into Cowboys Stadium alone atop the NFC East and will be facing a Dallas offense whose star quarterback (Tony Romo sits to pee), No. 1 running back (Felix Jones) and starting receivers (Miles Austin and Dez Bryant) are all hurting, this is a rare time when it could make sense for the coaches to tell Landry to cool his heels until after the Oct. 9 bye week.

"You don't want to overdo and set yourself back like he did before," coach Mike Shanahan said about Landry injuring the hamstring during warm-ups in Indianapolis on Aug. 19 while getting close to fully recovering from the Achilles. "A hamstring is one of those muscles you go with your gut and see what happens."

And trying to keep a highly emotional player like Landry from ending such a lengthy absence is like trying to corral a mustang.

"LaRon's fast and he can run," said defensive coordinator Jim Haslett. "We just have to make sure that when he's ready that he knows everything we're doing because he hasn't played in a long time. He hasn't (taken full practice) in a long time. (But) I know when he's ready that he'll be ready, though."

No, I get that he's not practiced 100%.. Im just sayin, if he planned on going 100% in practice on Friday (which wasnt possible due to the practice style/walkthrough) what's the difference if his first 100% effort is during a practice or during a game? I guess the adrinaline can take it up a notch, but from all we hear of LL, he's all go all the time? Dont get me wrong though, I'm with Shanny, whatever he decides..

He better play. My fantasy team needs him. If not we will be fine without him. Reed is doing an adequate job.

If you are taking big named defensive players in a fantasy league you are doing it all wrong. The best fantasy defensive players are LB's for crappy teams. They are on the field all of the time and rack up a bunch of tackles. Pat Angerer is the top fantasy defensive player in most leagues that use individual defenders. It's just a numbers game. Those guys are out on the field a lot more, and rack up a ton of tackles which are fairly predictable. Sacks and interceptions are more of a crap-shoot.

I've been thinking about this recently and think that this could end up being our first big "distraction" of the year. If Landry feels like he is ready to play, but Coach keeps holding him out, Landry seems like the kind of player that would start requesting a trade and start making complaints to the media....like the whole training staff tweets thing. I hope he is good to go.

John Beason. Thats all I got to say. They knew that Friday before Carolina's first game he wasnt 100%, they pushed him and he ruptured that bad boy.

I would love to Have LL.............for our playoff push. I trust the trainers and team ShanallenLett will do the right thing.

---------- Post added September-26th-2011 at 05:02 PM ----------

If you are taking big named defensive players in a fantasy league you are doing it all wrong. The best fantasy defensive players are LB's for crappy teams. They are on the field all of the time and rack up a bunch of tackles. Pat Angerer is the top fantasy defensive player in most leagues that use individual defenders. It's just a numbers game. Those guys are out on the field a lot more, and rack up a ton of tackles which are fairly predictable. Sacks and interceptions are more of a crap-shoot.

Most Fantasy league that go IDP's have one DL, one LB and one DB or else everyone would load up on MLB's

LL was averaging 10-12 pts a week last year before injury and it was purely tackles.

John Beason. Thats all I got to say. They knew that Friday before Carolina's first game he wasnt 100%, they pushed him and he ruptured that bad boy.

I would love to Have LL.............for our playoff push. I trust the trainers and team ShanallenLett will do the right thing.

---------- Post added September-26th-2011 at 05:02 PM ----------

Most Fantasy league that go IDP's have one DL, one LB and one DB or else everyone would load up on MLB's

LL was averaging 10-12 pts a week last year before injury and it was purely tackles.

Beason and Landry's injuries couldn't be more different. Beason had just had surgery on his Achilles and still rushed back out there to play. Landry's Achilles injury has healed completely, and he's taken his time with his hamstring injury by sitting out the last 4-5 weeks.

My opinion is if he's good enough then dress him but don't start him. Only use him if you absolutely need him as the game wears on. Anotherwards, if there are more injuries or if Doughty falls apart.
I think that he wouldn't risk being out more by coming back too early. Im sure it kills him more to be out than us but he doesn't want to hurt the team. I'll take 75% Landry over Doubtee anyday. HopIng to get some insight I asked Doc an Larry Michael if the know and they said they think he's playing. I'm wearing my Landry jersey no matter what but it would be great if I can see him start to pick up where he

left off with his pro bowl level play last year before the injury. With a hammy i would guess he'd be in more on first and second down or short yardage packages.

Charles Mann asked Shanahan this week (paraphrasing from memory): "Coach, we all know LaRon wants back on the field this week. If you give him the green light, will you rotate him in and out... I mean, you don't want to ask him to go from 0 to 60 on his first week back and be on the field all the time, right?" Shanahan: "I'm going to ease him back into it, yes."

Archived