Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants @ Redskins Game Day Thread

ixcuincle

News flash, we've got good Rex here the majority of the time he's played in Washington under the Shanahan's. Can we assume, at this point, that bad Rex doesn't really exist at this point? No, he's not going to make every play and he will turn it over here and there, but seriously... why does everyone talk about Chicago Rex? Honestly, look at what he's done in his time here... would any other QB in the world be labeled this way?

Yes, I think anyone with his history would be talked about that way. And you seem to think his performance was a LOT better last year than I do.

Here's what a Giants fan had to say on their board: "Are you sure? Because this idiotic ownership is insisting on keeping Reese and his cronies. Well you guys who are season ticket holders keep paying for the tickets and PSL's and whatever. Since you have money to throw away at these losers, send some my way. Good thing for the internet and I do not have to pay for this crap."

Sounds like here 2 years ago mid 2009.

You know, following that link to the Giant's message board I expected to see some real ****-slinging towards the Skins. But they're being pretty congratulatory in terms of the Skins earning the win and playing pretty well. Wasn't expecting that. I'm too used to Eagles and Cowboys fans.

I actually heard a bozo say that teams beating either Ny team should feel bad today because everyone was rooting for them. Heard the same thing when the Bears played the Saints in the NFC title game because of Katrina.

And someone said announcers should not use words like TD strike or bombs.

Shoulda reminded him that Washington got hit too

Rex was Rex, lots of accurate balls (a few drops) the fumble was bad, but he is a baller in the pocket. I give mad props to shanahan for Giving Rex a shot the media wants to kill him (rex) but Shanahan(not sure which one) has the stones to play with the elite pocket qb and it showed today. Rex Grossman is a winner and it is infectious when your QB plays with that attitude.

Yes, I think anyone with his history would be talked about that way. And you seem to think his performance was a LOT better last year than I do.

Not at all. I never said anything about how good his performance last year was, but it was far from any "bad Rex" type of play. Anyone who thinks "bad Rex" has shown his face here in Washington is only fooling themselves and 1) Don't know what "bad Rex" was like in Chicago and 2) Is way too critical of QB play. Yeah, he makes mistakes but so do most other QBs in the league, but he's played better more than not.

Great Game!

Man, i couldn't move from the TV I was very pleased with the play, offensive line needs to figure out how to block better on the blitz.

Chris Neild really looked comfortable for a 7th round pick.

Defense looks better at every position.. Rack was kept busy.

Rex Looked good other than when he was taking huge sacks.

Quote from a Giants fan who agrees with my take on Rex vs. Eli:

Grossman was pressured all day too. He was sacked and hit MORE times than Eli today yet he still put up 300 yards 2tds 0ints while throwing to inferior receivers compared to Nicks and Manningham.

Next excuse?

1) Don't know what "bad Rex" was like in Chicago and 2) Is way too critical of QB play. Yeah, he makes mistakes but so do most other QBs in the league, but he's played better more than not.

But Rex wasn't that bad in Chi (23 TDS, 17 INT) it's all media hype that he was some disaster mostly because he sucked vs Arizona(big MNF game), in a meaningless week 17 game (when he had his notorious 0 QB Rating) and in the Superbowl where he played ok but had some INTs in the second half that were not on him. Shanahan is a genius he got a blue chip QB (Rex Grossman) for the price of a 3rd stringer

Archived