Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extrem Flooding in Northeast Pennsylvania

skinsforlife101

Same thing here in upstate NY, it's driving me crazy just sitting in my house not allowed to leave seeing all these insane photos and videos pop up on facebook. I posted some pics in the show your pics thread of this area. Right now I'm kind of freaking out because my mother is out of town and I heard they were evacuating people near where she lives so I have no idea what possible damage could be done to her house.

I'm still on campus, it's pretty bad. Roberts road is pretty much shut down and all the campus walkways are flooded. Not going to be fun driving home.

yeah, I was talking to one of the cops manning the crosswalks and he mentioned Roberts Road being pretty bad.

I'm thinking about driving back to campus for Krav Maga. Is that a bad idea?

Depends on which way you're coming from. I'm hearing bad things about 29 coming in as well as 50 coming in to Fairfax.

Well I live off 29 to the west of campus. I can take Main Street to West Ox, Braddock, or go through The Villa to get to campus. I'm kinda curious as to if extra-curriculars are still going on. I know classes are on, but nothing has been said about other stuff. I'm wondering if the instructor elected to not come in due to the flooding

Depends on which way you're coming from. I'm hearing bad things about 29 coming in as well as 50 coming in to Fairfax.

I've heard from a couple people that 50 into Fairfax is pretty much a no-go. A co-worker forward me a picture her friend sent her from a Fairfax connector parking lot near her. The water was up to the tops of the car doors and in some cases they were almost completely submerged. We have a small man-made pond right behind the building where I work and right now it looks like the Potomac.

Well I live off 29 to the west of campus. I can take Main Street to West Ox, Braddock, or go through The Villa to get to campus. I'm kinda curious as to if extra-curriculars are still going on. I know classes are on, but nothing has been said about other stuff. I'm wondering if the instructor elected to not come in due to the flooding

29 and Main is where it starts to get bad. I wouldn't risk it.

I live near Hershey, in one of the smaller cities. I received an automated phone call from the Water Authority. The automated calls are recorded by a man with a very deep voice, and the type of tone that makes you want to listen. It seems that we are on Water Restriction, due to the Swatara creek flooding into one of the two main water reserves.

One part of the automated call made me chuckle. Whe the speaker got to the part of things we cannot do, "No washing cars, watering lawns or gardens...of course with all the flooding, there is no need to water your lawns or gardens,..."

Just gave me a much needed checkle.

Archived