Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 NFL Power Rankings: Week 1

kameuh

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

The season is always just around the corner when the first ESPN power rankings are posted. While meaningless, it will give the board some fodder for a few days, until after the Skins first game. Then, there will be actual problems to ***** about.

Anyways, if you don't wish to click through to Cowboys.com, err, ESPN.com, I'll save you the effort.

Skins are 28th, up a whole spot from 29th at the beginning of preseason.

The G-men are 15th, but at least they get the skins first.

You know just to stir up the pot but say we ended the year at 28th and for once and I know it's never gonna happen that list is correct

Just for a moment say this is how it goes down

Look at the team beneath us....

Browns

Bills

Panthers

Bengals

Seems like we would be in a real good position to draft us a QB of the future right there.

Just saying :)

I find this interesting. Very different views from the same source (ESPN) on how rookies affect a team.

4 (3) Eagles 10-6 The Eagles will have new starters at four of the five offensive line positions, including at right tackle. They must keep Michael Vick upright for the season to be a success. (Fox)

That's from the ESPN Power Rankings (Eagles are ranked 4th)

No team with championship aspirations enters a season with essentially three rookies in its offensive line.

Thats from this, about the Cowgirls (ranked 14th) posted in ATN. I realise a team ranked 14 is not a lock for the playoffs, but either rookies are good or rookies are bad. I don't know, I just find this a bit hypocrittcal.

I like how they have the Colts rated that high with no Peyton Manning at QB.

If he winds up going on IR, that team won't win 3 games this year.

They're assuming he misses only 2 games at most.

I wonder, if something unthinkable happened, like Manning missing the whole season, and got #1, would they draft Luck? Manning could be done within 2 years...or keep going for another 7. And they could use, say, an impact defensive player or something.

They're assuming he misses only 2 games at most.

I wonder, if something unthinkable happened, like Manning missing the whole season, and got #1, would they draft Luck? Manning could be done within 2 years...or keep going for another 7. And they could use, say, an impact defensive player or something.

absolutely. Let Luck sit a couple years like Rodgers did and come out of the gate strong.

Archived