Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is Anthony Armstrongs trade value?

HRNY4ZRNY

MOD's please merge if you deem necessary.

So keeping 8 WR's seems crazy to me. I'm wondering if we are thinking we could potentially trade one of them during the season.

First thing that comes to mind is the Vikings need a stretch the field type of receiver.

Anthony Armstrong is exactly what they need.

Also Donovan has great chemistry with him.

What if Leonard Hankerson steps up in that deep role faster than we expected... What could we get for Anthony Armstrong?

I'm wondering if we could get a 4th rounder... That would be the first time I can remember we take a player that was undrafted and actually get a draft pick or player for him.

Other than a draft pick is there any player that would fill a need for us that the Vikings dont really need.

Even Stevie Wonder could see McNabb was unable to get him the ball last year.

He's what they need, but they can't use him unless McNabb's arm suddenly got six or seven yards stronger.

Conversely, he's what we need too. He's a burner, always has a step or two on the DBs on the deep routes, but no one has synched up with him consistenly yet. McNabb underthrew him all the time. He probably could have had four or five more Tds last year if McNabb could catch up to him. Half the time he had to stop and win a jump ball to get the deep throws.

I don't think he's got much value, except to us. We'll get more value out of keeping him. What we'd get is what you get to dump a guy, and he's not a guy we should dump.

He's a threat, and I'm a fan.

Go SKITTLES!

~Bang

4th rounder is way too high. maybe a 6th or 7th if someone is desperate. armstrong has 1 good season under his belt and is not even a real starter for us so his value is very low.

haynesworth was had for a 5th next year. mcnabb for a 6th. these are proven pro bowl guys even tho theyre aging. armstrong is 27 or 28 and has had one decent season. doubtful hes on anyones trade radar.

What's with always trying to trade homegrown talent?

He's got more value to us than anyone. He's a home run threat, and I think he's improved his route running, and...just no.

No more talk about trading people who actually friggin' perform for us and play well. You don't build a football team by trading solid players all the time.

4th rounder is way too high. maybe a 6th or 7th if someone is desperate. armstrong has 1 good season under his belt and is not even a real starter for us so his value is very low.

haynesworth was had for a 5th next year. mcnabb for a 6th. these are proven pro bowl guys even tho theyre aging. armstrong is 27 or 28 and has had one decent season. doubtful hes on anyones trade radar.

bwhahaaaa. The team was lucky to get anything for those two. AA meanwhile has an upside I want to see this year and would not trade him for anything that some team would be willing to give.

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 01:10 PM ----------

He's got more value to us than anyone. He's a home run threat, and I think he's improved his route running, and...just no.

No more talk about trading people who actually friggin' perform for us and play well. You don't build a football team by trading solid players all the time.

Amen brother.

Love this man!! Im sure this will get over looked by a lot of people but this is one of the best posts ive seen in a long time.

The OP certainly had me scratching my head also lol.

I agree 100%. I would prefer they trade Stallworth before him.

Trade Stallworth for a 7th and Gaffney for a late 5th/early 6th before the deadline. The young guys will get experience, we'll get something for the vets, and Shanny can use his 12 5-7th round picks to get some more ZB o-lineman and project WRs. Seems like a pretty win/win for us.

Why are we trading Gaffney and Stallworth? "Okay, we know you've really performed well in camp, you've have a phenomenal preseason, you've done everything right and have truly earned a place on our football team...so forgive us for trading you 5 weeks into the season for a couple low round draft picks that we can use picking up some guys we hope can be your replacements later".

Again, this isn't the way you build a football team.

You don't trade a guy like AA. He's still a sleeper WR. Most teams aren't really going to prepare for him. Quietly we will put up good numbers through the air.

You don't trade a guy like AA because he's literally worthless, and if we started publicly shopping him we'd 1) be laughed at, and 2) would have a pissed off receiver.

Do any of you really think we could get a 7th round pick for him?

Archived