Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

American Thinker: "Registering the Poor to Vote is Un-American."

Baculus

Either that or we're trying to decide whose kid is the coolest, making up quotes and spouting poetry. I'd rather stick to discussing the merits and (substantial) flaws of the article in the OP myself.

sorry.... seemed more of a joke thread

The only merit I can think of is his objecting to easing voter registration,in which I agree actively recruiting unmotivated or uninformed voters is a mistake

(Be they poor,rich or Tea Party)

If one should have to own property to vote and thus have a say in how their government allocates and spends tax dollars, then in my opinion only property owners should be obliged to pay taxes under such a system. I would willingly sell my house and give up my right to vote in exchange for not having to pay federal taxes, but something has to give. American fascists... I mean the Tea-Party can't have it both ways.

So the tea party facists like myself that want us to just not have a Congress that doesn't abide by its own laws on budgets.

Doesn't pay for what it does and then want's more money for infrastructure while making jokes about the shovel readiness of the last one.

Due Dilligence and Due Care of the system they were hired to watch is what most facists want...

It's been chaos for the last 11 years..

20% flat tax on all income period.

As 60minutes documented it would get the jobs back and it would close loopholes the best way.

means testing on ss and medicare and medicaid will help pay for them.

Vocational programs ..

They want to pay for schools boilers and plugs and water fountains, but that only creates approx. 500k jobs for a year.

How about we get the business and military/cops and schools to work together like acheiveable dream of newport va and have lasting jobs.

I used to have a few outrageous National Lampoon t-shirts I bought in the early 70's (mentioned some on here before) and one of them was "Shoot the Wounded" and if they were around now I'd be buying a "Shoot the Poor" version as I am sure they'd be offering one. :)

Actually ever since I first read the article in the OP, I've had "Kill the Poor" by Dead Kennedys in my head. :ols:

So the tea party facists like myself that want us to just not have a Congress that doesn't abide by its own laws on budgets.

Doesn't pay for what it does and then want's more money for infrastructure while making jokes about the shovel readiness of the last one.

Due Dilligence and Due Care of the system they were hired to watch is what most facists want...

It's been chaos for the last 11 years..

20% flat tax on all income period.

As 60minutes documented it would get the jobs back and it would close loopholes the best way.

means testing on ss and medicare and medicaid will help pay for them.

Vocational programs ..

They want to pay for schools boilers and plugs and water fountains, but that only creates approx. 500k jobs for a year.

How about we get the business and military/cops and schools to work together like acheiveable dream of newport va and have lasting jobs.

I'm down with the flat tax. Now you're talking...

Straw men are always easy to fight.....

lets just work from tha assumption that MOST people (left or right) would find this ridiculous, and then move on.

k?

A "Straw Man" argument is when one side misrepresents the other side's view point in order to tear down an argument that isn't being made....that's not the case here.

What's more is that the more I learn and hear from the Tea Party the less and less I feel it is safe to assume the things you want us to assume.

silly picture proving nothing

Well unless you have another description of what a straw man argument is.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position

American Workers will never be able to compete with third world nations. Once every single tax is lowered, the next gripe will be benefits, when those are taken away it will be Overtime pay, wen those are eradicated it will be minimum wage(s) etc etc etc etc.....

What people need to realize is that if a corporation's #1 goal is to maximize profits at the expense of the work force, then the strategy will always be to go where it is cheapest to make goods. There is no loyalty to the American worker. Lowering some taxes isn't going to magically bring jobs back. Didn't work before, won't now.

And they're much more convenient when someone on the opposite side of the ideological divide sets it up for you, aren't they? :ols:

they are USUALLY tee-ed up that way...

step 1) find a booger eating moron on "the other side"

step 2) represent that his/her views are "the other side's" core view.

step 3) flame away.

it is much easier and much more convenient than actually debating the "A-team". :)

Archived