Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Tribute to #89

hail2redskns

Man i would love if we could just fill this thread with moss highlights each of those vids were awesome many great moments from that man. Best Redskins over the past 10 years?I cant think of any other player who has given me so many great moments the past few years. ST excluded.

Is it safe to say that SM89 is the best WR we've had since The Posse was split up?

Not sure, Henry Ellard, though he wasn't here long, was a beast as a receiver when he was here. Though Moss is definitely one of the top 5 receivers of my memory since I first started following the 'Skins back in '78.

Not sure, Henry Ellard, though he wasn't here long, was a beast as a receiver when he was here. Though Moss is definitely one of the top 5 receivers of my memory since I first started following the 'Skins back in '78.

Interesting. Who all would you include in your Top 5 WR (at least since '78)?

IMO after the posse we haven't had a WR better than Moss.

I agree. Symbol brought up Henry Ellard, and he WAS good here. But he was only here for 4 years (3900 yds, 3x 1000 yds, 17 TD). Moss has been here 6 years (6100, 3, 33). If he's not the best since The Posse, he is at worst 2nd best since then.

Plus Moss coming back this offseason when he was free to leave just makes me rank him 1st on principal alone.

I don't know if you are aware of this, but he is a very mediocre receiver. He's only had one decent year in his whole career and he's 30.

When you have averaged over 1000 over the past 6 seasons, while dealing with Brunell, Campbell, Collins, McNabb, Grossman and possibly Beck all without a true #2 WR to roll the coverages to the opposite side of the field, then you have done an AWESOME job.

The Monday Night Miracle and the Jax overtime win cleansed the palate for future 15 yard penalties such as the pretend shoe shining in the Cinci game in 08, and numerous unnecesary ball spins on 1st downs when we were behind and far from taking the lead. (Art Monk never did these kind of things, but then again, he didn't go to Da U). But ya, Tana is a top five fave for me in the Syder era along w/ Samuels, Janzen, Cooley, Fletcher.

* I don't care about PED allegations. Everyone juices, it doesn't bother me.

I will never forget the tears of joy that flowed down my cheeks after that Monday nighter in Dallas.

I like Moss, but I have a hard time being "in love" with the guy. He's just one of the better players we've had during a terrible era of Redskins offensive football.

The fact is, he's been #1 here for years and he wouldn't have been #1 for most teams. He's a good player, I like him, but I'll never get all misty eyed thinking about him.

I like Moss, but I have a hard time being "in love" with the guy. He's just one of the better players we've had during a terrible era of Redskins offensive football.

The fact is, he's been #1 here for years and he wouldn't have been #1 for most teams. He's a good player, I like him, but I'll never get all misty eyed thinking about him.

eNKdVbjoPlY

LOL, j/k. To each his own, I guess.

I don't appreciate his juicing.

You are maybe the biggest jackass loser on this board. Pretty much every time I read one of your posts I think to myself, "If I was in the same room with this dude he would get smacked in the mouth in about 5 seconds."

What Moss has accomplished in a Redskins' jersey should make every single fan extremely proud. This guy has played for crap teams with crap QBs/coaches/wideouts/GMs/owner with fans that boo the home team and he STILL LOVES DC. Moss is a humble guy, a hard-worker, a great teammate, and he comes up big when you need him.

Any messageboard Skins' fan who has anything negative to say about Santana probably just hates themselves anyway. Keep that **** out of the tribute threads or go root for another team you weasel nerds.

He and Sean Taylor were always my favorites since he came into town... that has changed a bit though recently after I heard about his strip club party (my beliefs, leave me alone, not forcing anything on anyone). But yeah, he's been a true Redskin on the field since he's been here. I lean more towards London Fletcher and I have an inkling that Barry Cofield is going to be a big time favorite of mine real soon.

Santana Moss certainly deserves all the accolades from us Skins fans for what he's done for this team. His work ethic has never been questioned, and he's always produced, even though he's been the only threat on our team at WR for most of his stay here.

Interesting. Who all would you include in your Top 5 WR (at least since '78)?

Since '78 you'd have to find a place to put Charlie Brown in there, with of course The Posse (IMO the greatest receiving trio of all times). I give Moss the edge over Ellard because of the longevity as a Redskin. Ellard was a very good receiver for many years before coming to the 'Skins. But my top 5 list since '78 would go, Monk, Clark, Brown, Sanders, Moss, in that order.

Good thread H2S. The good to great stuff Moss has done here far outweigh the negative.

I think Michael Westbrook was the more talented player but Santana is easily the best and most productive receiver the Skins have had since Monk and Clark. I loved Henry Ellard but Moss did it for a longer period and has had more iconic moments and games.

As for top 5 since 78, right down my wheelhouse.

1. Monk

1a. Clark

3. Moss

4. Sanders

5. Brown

Tough call between Charlie Brown and Henry Ellard but I went with Brown because those teams were so good and nostalgic. Ellard was clearly the better player overall, but just looking at their time with the Skins, I'll take Brown's 82 and 83 seasons over Ellard 94-98.

When he's done, he'll quietly be second all time in catches as a Redskin behind Monk, maybe in yards as well if he plays out his contract. All time, it's probably gotta be Monk, Taylor, Mitchell, Clark, and then Moss in great Redskins WR history. But I think in Redskin history, he probably won't get his due because of the unfortunate Redskin era in which he played.

I've told this story before, but it's always worth repeating.

I went to training camp in 2009. There was only one player's autograph that I really, really wanted, and that was Santana Moss. Sure enough, Tana came over to where I was standing and started signing autographs. When he got to my mini helmet, he took my silver sharpie and proceeded to sign the helmet. However, the sharpie wouldn't work. He asked if I had another one, and I pulled out the backup one, which also failed! Santana was in the middle of a fan riot for autographs, but he kept trying to make my sharpies work until finally one did.

It may not be a huge deal to some people, but it certainly was to me and I'll never forget it. Especially since I've waited for athletes to show up to signings that I pay for (6 hours for LaRon Landry to show up). Santana Moss is far and away my favorite modern era Redskin.

When you have averaged over 1000 over the past 6 seasons, while dealing with Brunell, Campbell, Collins, McNabb, Grossman and possibly Beck all without a true #2 WR to roll the coverages to the opposite side of the field, then you have done an AWESOME job.

Not Moss. I'm talking about Gaffney.

Since '78 you'd have to find a place to put Charlie Brown in there, with of course The Posse (IMO the greatest receiving trio of all times). I give Moss the edge over Ellard because of the longevity as a Redskin. Ellard was a very good receiver for many years before coming to the 'Skins. But my top 5 list since '78 would go, Monk, Clark, Brown, Sanders, Moss, in that order.

Can't disagree with that list. I'd put Moss at 4, but otherwise it sounds good.

Archived