Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Tribute to #89

hail2redskns

5'10" 209lbs. is not a typical size for a number one reciever in the NFL.

Santana Moss has been that for our beloved skins over the past 6 seasons. One of the lone pillars of consistency for the team since his arrival, 89 has averaged 1023 yards each year. He has always been a great teammate and someone who has carried himself as a true professional. It is evident now more than ever. Since Moss has been here, he has had to deal with so much drama (new QBs, coaches, offenses, media circus, and no quarterback being able to hit an open receiver consistently.) Yet he choose to resign with the skins even though we have two unproven QBs and are in a rebuilding state. He could have spent his final productive years as an extremely productive slot for a competitor, but choose to stay here in DC. He is under appreciated, and I ask everyone to think of memorable games the past 6 years where 89 wasn't a big factor.

All in all, I just wanted to show some love to Moss. I'm happy to have him back in DC, and having a guy like him stay with a team that is rebuilding gets me excited for our team going forward. HTTR

I don't appreciate his juicing.

Where's the proof?

His doc was supposedly caught with drugs but that doesn't mean Moss took them. The NFL didn't give Moss a suspension like they have for other substance abusers in the league. (Although I would concede that most athletes in the league are probably juicing; but if there's no proof it's innocent until proven guilty).

Where's the proof?

His doc was supposedly caught with drugs but that doesn't mean Moss took them. The NFL didn't give Moss a suspension like they have for other substance abusers in the league. (Although I would concede that most athletes in the league are probably juicing; but if there's no proof it's innocent until proven guilty).

I find it very odd that his numerous hamstring injuries just disappeared during the years he was rumored to take them. Let alone how the case was just dropped easily. I've heard through the grapevine that there were much bigger players in the NFL that used that same doctor for them and for the sake of the NFL they just let it all go.

I still remember being excited when he came over from the Jets. This guy has been CLASS since he has been a Skin. Great leader on the field and lets his play do his talking. I love his attitude and what he does for this team. I hope the younger receivers on this team are watching and learning from a true pro.

Every player has their faults, but for a guy with minimum faults I don't get why some find it necessary to only bash/criticize him in a tribute thread. Couldn't come up with anything positive at all in a tribute thread? Absolutely had to be the ones to try and rain on the parade? Nobody is perfect guys.

To put it another way, since some may not understand why others have an issue with people bashing someone in a thread meant for tribute, how would you feel if you left your work on the going away card your colleagues got for you, among the well wishes there were some who only said "you were late a couple times" or "you weren't the best of all the employees"? Wouldn't you say those people were being inappropriate and/or are jerks?

So thank you Santana Moss. From an overall perspective, you've been the only consistent WR here in many years, you've mainly been a class act and worked hard, and you've been productive. And you want to retire a Redskin!

Archived