Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could decide tonights starting QB who would you pick?

addicted

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I want Rex to be our guy for the season.

Beck is going to have to do alot to convince me otherwise, Rex can dink and dunk but he also has a great arm and can go downfield, something we have not seen with Beck. Add to that Rex has been in this offensive system longer, and no matter what you say he has got an AFC championship ring, the guy has won in the past, and can win again with the right system. Sure he is going to make some mistakes and force some bad throws, but he is also going to score TD's. Beck will be like Brunell or Campbell sure he will not throw alot of INT's but he also will not throw alot of TDs cause he will nto take the chance in the redzone, so we will be getting three when we need 6 which has been our downfall in the past. In the NFC east you can not win by kicking 7,8,9 field goals a game, the teams that win and got to the playoffs get 6.

If it was me I go with Rex and keep Beck as a solid back up, and keep Clemmens. Then next year we draft Luck, (we could offer up someone in a trade since we have some improved depth in our position players no from this years draft) he sits behind Rex and beck for a year or 2 then he becomes the starter with a veteran team ready to win. Thats the key to getting us back on the winning road.

Add to that Rex has been in this offensive system longer, and no matter what you say he has got an AFC championship ring, the guy has won in the past, and can win again with the right system.

No matter what I say? How about this - he doesn't have an AFC championship ring.

Last I checked, the Bears play in the NFC.

I'd want to start Beck, assuming that groin injury is not giving him trouble. He'll need to throw long passes in this one, because the Ravens will crowd the box. But I wouldn't want one of my candidates for starting QB re-aggravating a groin stain, simply to make a statement in a pre-season game.

Frankly, unless Williams and Montgomery can rise to the level of their opposing D-line assignments -- BOTH QBs will probably have to be rotated in. The more I watched those two O-linemen -- the less impressed I was with the time they gave Beck in the Indy game.

Bottom Line -- I suspect I'd probably start Grossman, simply because I suspect Beck still hasn't healed up completely. If Beck has -- then, it's no contest, I'd start Beck for the reps, the game experience, and to see what array of things he could do versus a pressure defense like what the Ravens have.

No matter what I say? How about this - he doesn't have an AFC championship ring.

Last I checked, the Bears play in the NFC.

Duh your right I botched that one up.....but the point is he has a Championship ring and went to the super bowl were he was 20-28 with a TD 2 pics and 2 fumbles that were mostly the centers fault....he put them in a pretty good position to win that game they just go out played by The Colts. (Thomas Jones also had 112 yards rushing so the offense was mildly effective)

Beck has never won a game as a starter (0-5 as Dolphins Starter) and has only thrown 1 NFL TD pass ever, and was given up on by 2 different franchises.

To me its clear cut, unless Beck does something super impressive tonite, or Rex completely Romo sits to pee's himself

Then after that series he looked like garbage....I swear we have two bipolar guys playing QB....maybe we can treat it like fantasy football and play the match up game

---------- Post added August-25th-2011 at 09:04 PM ----------

No wonder Shanny cant make up his mind, I can not either

---------- Post added August-25th-2011 at 09:40 PM ----------

And rex puts together a TD drive.....with his arm, and nto an awesome run by TH....right now I got Rex winning this thing

Grossman for me after this display. he was better against the starters, better against the starters blitzing and did a great job with the two minute drill against the starters. Beck did ok, but against their backups. Still not not seen enough of him against starters to think he can cut it.

Grossman for me after this display. he was better against the starters, better against the starters blitzing and did a great job with the two minute drill against the starters. Beck did ok, but against their backups. Still not not seen enough of him against starters to think he can cut it.

Well, that's the point... we didn't get to see enough of him.

Grossman had 4 series against ravens starters, Beck only had 2.

Well, that's the point... we didn't get to see enough of him.

Grossman had 4 series against ravens starters, Beck only had 2.

and in his 2 starts against their starters, he went 1-3 for 33 yds..........give me a break. Hightower led his drives. Sexy Rexy earned his TD against their starters.

Gotta be John Beck. We have seen over the years what Grossman is capable of, lets give Beck a shot, im not saying he is going to be an amazing QB, but at least there is more potential for upside with Beck, as he hasnt played a lot in his career.

What is the upside? That he got lucky our RB broke off runs and scored a TD on his only TD drive where he completed one pass? Or when against presure, tossed a pick to their 2nd string (just like Rex did agains Indy)? Not impressed at all anymore with Beck. Grossman should be the ****ing starter.

Rex Handles the blitz pressure better than Beck, right now, he gives us the best chance to win

I agree with you and I think Rex might well have his nose ahead for the start. However I do also think that if you start Beck and give him a long rope by the end of the year you would have yourself a heck of a starting QB. I'd start Beck he has more physical talent and given the opportunity I think has more upside than Rex.

I think the race is still too close to call but what I do know is we have 2 QBs who have shown they can operate our offense and be productive. That's a much better situation than many of us thought we were in a few weeks ago.

John Gruden got it right. John Beck is the more talented QB.

In my mind, it's not a close call. Over the next 7-8 years, we will win more games with Beck as the starting QB.

As for this competition, the only thing that matters is that Beck didn't suck.

Archived