Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Larry Fitzgerald Gets New Contract

dsciambi

Via Twitter:

How mad must Boldin be?

I don't see why Boldin would be mad. Fitzgerald is one of a few elite receivers in the game today who is in his prime, while Boldin is 3 years older and showed last year that he's not on Fitzgerald's level as a #1 WR.

Also, in Fitz's 7 years in the NFL, he's missed only 4 games. He's about as consistent, dependable, and durable as they come.

It's a big number, but he's already got 7 years in the league. I can see him getting maybe 4 years of the deal, then either renegotiate or cut.

So all that matters is what his cap hit is for the first 4 to 5 years of the contract.

Tennessee is probably pissed though, this raises the bar for Chris Johnson.

It's a big number, but he's already got 7 years in the league. I can see him getting maybe 4 years of the deal, then either renegotiate or cut.

So all that matters is what his cap hit is for the first 4 to 5 years of the contract.

Tennessee is probably pissed though, this raises the bar for Chris Johnson.

I'm sure the Titans are pissed, but I would rather give this type of contract and amount of guaranteed money to a WR like Fitzgerald than I would a RB like Johnson. Johnson has maybe 5 to 6 elite years, if he's lucky, while Fitzgerald could play out this contract at the level he's currently at.

The thing about Fitzgerald is that he ain't a speed reciever, so it's not like once his legs go, his play goes. He's got a lot left and has proven to be successful no matter who throws to him. And if they can afford it, then by all means go ahead. I don't know anyother WR with better hands, hand-eye-coordination than Fitzgerald. He is also the best at the jump ball and a great team player

I know it's a lot of money ... but I actually think a guy like Fitzgerald is worth it. To me, he is the best receiver in the NFL, with Andre Johnson and Megatron coming close to his level of dominance. Fitzgerald is one of those few receivers who is nearly impossible to shut down. With the money thrown around these days for the guys who are truly the elite, like the Revis' and Asomughas, it comes as no surprise he'd command that amount.

Archived