Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Steelers. What/Who You Are Looking For?

SkinzDeep

I really wanna see how Atogwe plays if he does actually play..

Aldrick Robinson, Chris Neild, and Roy Helu are the rookies I am really looking fwrd to seeing....Jenkins and Kerrigan too of course..

I wanna see Brandon Banks return a punt to shut the doubters up about cutting him..

Grossman and Beck are both gonna be terrible. Not saying that because they are terrible qb's but because QB's always suck it up in preseason.

But you guys should be looking for me...I'll be there!

1. Penetration and TACKLING by the defense. Fundamentals on defense.

2. Cohesive, organized blocking along the offensive line.

3. The depth, who plays with which unit.

4. Hightower and Helu.

5. The rookie recievers.

6. Special Teams returners.

PS... can't wait to see the stadium and the improvements that are in the work!

No injuries.

Honestly, that's all I'll be looking for. I don't expect the Redskins to look good at all...not in this first game, anyway. Too many new players, too much uncertainty at QB, too many rookies. AND, they're going up against a team that has been in two of the last three Super Bowls lol..

Nope, would be foolish to expect anything other than mayyybe some individual improvement by some players...and, as said before, no injuries.

Know what is sad?

The fact that we look forward to preseason so much to see the new team. It happens every freaking year. Just once I want to be bored with preseason like the 10 or 12 teams that actually have it together. Their fans probably hate preseason because once the starters go out, there's a chance to see maybe 4 backups ever play.

Sad.

I look for:

1. 35,000 Steeler fans.

2. Me trying to explain to my wife who John Beck is.

3. Some running back I've never heard of making an awesome run in the fourth quarter followed by 23 "Running Back I've Never Heard of May Be Our Terrell Davis" threads.

4. A post from Oldfan explaining that there is a 63 percent chance that the perfect average age for an NFL secondary is 28.3 years old.

Know what is sad?

The fact that we look forward to preseason so much to see the new team. It happens every freaking year. Just once I want to be bored with preseason like the 10 or 12 teams that actually have it together. Their fans probably hate preseason because once the starters go out, there's a chance to see maybe 4 backups ever play.

Sad.

I was NEVER bored with preseason games even when the Skins were winning Super Bowls. I highly doubt fans of the Colts, Patriots or Steelers are bored with them, either. In fact, in 2009 when the Skins played the Patriots in the preseason, I posted some responses from Pats fans and their views of how the Skins played and how the Pats played as well. You could easily tell that they were into the preseason game as much as we were, and that they felt the Patriots had their own issues to deal with, regardless of how many winning seasons they have had.

I look for:

1. 35' date='000 Steeler fans.

3. Some running back I've never heard of making an awesome run in the fourth quarter followed by 23 "Running Back I've Never Heard of May Be Our Terrell Davis" threads.

4. A post from Oldfan explaining that there is a 63 percent chance that the perfect average age for an NFL secondary is 28.3 years old.[/quote']

:ols::ols::ols:

How well Hightower does.

How well Helu does.

How well Royster does.

Who effs up less: Grossman or Beck

How Hankerson does against a different team

Is Jenkins as good as advertised?

Can Kerrigan transition/compliment Orakpo

How do Landry and Atogwe mesh?

Is Wilson all he's cracked up to be?

I look for:

1. 35' date='000 Steeler fans.

4. A post from Oldfan explaining that there is a 63 percent chance that the perfect average age for an NFL secondary is 28.3 years old.[/quote']

And they say the truth can't be funny...

1. Have to admit, I will dissect the hell out of every decision the QB's make. It is question mark #1, so its what I will be watching the closest.

2. Will be watching the OL closely, mainly Chester, Lichtensteiger, and Monty. How will the middle of this line hold up, especially in the run game?

3. All of the depth at WR, who emerges?

4. Helu and Hightower

5. Is all the Jenkins talk legit?

6. Wilson, Cofield, Otogwe, Bowen.. the guys penciled in as starters on D that have never worn a skins jersey. How will they look?

7. Return game.. Banks, Paul, or Robinson?

so many thinks to watch for!!!!

The steelers defense will impress as usual especially against our o-line and essentially rookie qb. Defenses are always ahead of offenses in Pre-season and after a lock out it will be even more evident.

It's preseason and I personally don't care how many band wagon steeler fans show up. GO PACK GO! They will all claim to be super bowl champions again and once pitttsburgh sucks again in a few years we'll never hear from them again. They are just like bandwagon cowboy fans in the DC area. Morons.

Archived