Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Blog) MSNBC: Is this man invincible? Perry eyes the GOP nomination

88Comrade2000

I was talking to my wife last night. This will likely be the first time in my life I've voted for a Democrat for President, and there is a good chance at the national level, I will vote a straight Democratic ticket, which will also be a first and is the first time since I was about 30, I doubt I will donate any money to any Republican on the national level.

I was talking to my wife last night. This will likely be the first time in my life I've voted for a Democrat for President, and there is a good chance at the national level, I will vote a straight Democratic ticket, which will also be a first and is the first time since I was about 30, I doubt I will donate any money to any Republican on the national level.

Silly person. Republicans don't need money from mere people. :)

Celebrating his Irish ancestry?

Yeah I guess that could be a possibility. Whenever I see that done at Free Republic though, they always throw an apostrophe in there: O'Bama. I thought maybe he was going with DC slang bamma. Oh Bamma. OBama.

Lol, so ****ing lame. Lame when us liberals did it with Bush and lame now.

But as for him being invincible? Absolutely not. He has a few major weaknesses, which Politco broke down well this week.

From the politico story earlier this week:

Read it a couple of days ago too. Definitely an interesting read:

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=A1B30E84-4008-465D-AE24-2BED58E229E7

GOP ponders Perry: Savior or flop?

By: Alexander Burns and Maggie Haberman

August 3, 2011 01:03 PM EDT

To a sizable slice of the Republican base, Rick Perry looks like the conservative, charismatic presidential candidate they have been waiting for in the 2012 campaign.

To many GOP elites, however, the Texan looks more like a general election flop in the making.

Few Republicans will say as much in public, for fear of offending the conservative grassroots or antagonizing Perry, a powerful official who’s known to hold a grudge. But in private, in some quarters of the party a sense of apprehension has set in about the prospect of another Texas governor’s candidacy.

Even operatives who believe Perry would bring significant assets to the 2012 campaign — his job-creation record among them — acknowledge there are real doubts about whether a brash, Southern hard-liner like Perry can win votes in the crucial swing states needed to capture the White House.

“I think there’s Texas fatigue in Ohio,” said former Ohio GOP Chairman Bob Bennett, a longtime party leader who sits on the Republican National Committee.

“I’ve mentioned Rick Perry to a bunch of people and he comes up, frankly, a blank,” Bennett said. “From a grass-roots standpoint in Ohio, I don’t see much. I don’t see much support and I don’t see much excitement about it.”

Pennsylvania Republican Party Chairman Rob Gleason explained that Perry has a “ways to go” when it comes to introducing himself to a national audience — “especially the independents and more moderate Republicans.”

“Texas is really far from Pennsylvania, not just geographically. We don’t relate at all,” said Gleason, who urged Perry to “come and tell the people of Pennsylvania how he plans to create economic opportunity.”

**CONTINUED AT LINK**

Yeah I guess that could be a possibility. Whenever I see that done at Free Republic though, they always throw an apostrophe in there: O'Bama. I thought maybe he was going with DC slang bamma. Oh Bamma. OBama.

Lol, so ****ing lame. Lame when us liberals did it with Bush and lame now.

Read it a couple of days ago too. Definitely an interesting read:

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=A1B30E84-4008-465D-AE24-2BED58E229E7

We know the modern GOP is a southern/western dominated party. Perry has enough to get the nomination but the general is another thing. Nothing has changed my mind that Obama wins reelection and 2012 being a better year for Democrats than CW currently is.

most candidates who attend bilderberg like perry did in 2008 in Chantilly, Virginia don't lose and do play dirty. (Obama and Hillary were there too; remember the day OBama's plane took off with the press and no candidate? It was that day.)

Anywho, Perry is a lock. We all will vote for him to get the horrible OBama out of office and Perry will come in and act all folksy while continuing the corporate welfare, the endless war, the ever expanding police state, and ignoring the derivatives that the Fed created that are the reason we are in debt. We'll all argue about cutting tax breaks for those who make 125K and cutting welfare just like now. We will continue to ignore the real problem of the fed who created this debt out of nothing but phony derivatives because we all will hate the other side so much that we can't see what's really going on. Milton Friedman said if you raised taxes to 100% and cut all social services it would still take hundreds of years to get out this quagmire. Why's that? Because it is neither the upper middle class' tax breaks nor the welfare queens in the hood that are responsible. But what does Firedman know as one of the men behind reagan-nomics. It's the fed. But we'll all buy Rick Perry's phony BS just like we did Obama's and Bush before him. It may be a different set of supporters, but it's all the same. We stay at war; we make less money and can buy less with what we do make. It just keeps getting worse and we just can't seem to understand why. IT's because we continue to vote for these pre-selected douchebags like Perry and Obama and ignore or mock anyone who dare question that the Fed is our King and that the king is indeed naked.

Yup, perry is a lock; book it. For the fed hath spoken.

Right on my friend, absolutely spot on. Very few people even think about the Federal Reserve. For example, how many here know that the Federal Reserve just loaned out over $16 Trillion to domestic and foreign banks and companies...honestly, Americans should be irate at this. You can read the Audit of the Fed that discovered this grisly fact at gao.gov

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Perry is the next President. And the more depressed I get.

The bottom line in presidential elections is this: Incumbants are really difficult to defeat unless the economy is dreadful. While I think Obama's policies have generally been correct, the economy is not good and it's probably going to get worse. Perry can say I ran a state with the healthiest economy in the country. That's a pretty strong position.

Moreover, he's made enough gestures towards the Tea Party to be acceptable to them. But he's enough of a glad-hander that the GOP old guard won't be terrified of him. The only people in the GOP who truly hate him are the Bushes and their allies (who won't have a voice this time) and the Ron Paul crowd (who don't matter).

You have no idea how much this is going to suck by the way.

The more I think about it' date=' the more convinced I am that Perry is the next President. And the more depressed I get..[/quote']

See, I knew there had to be a upside to Perry running

FQ5ob9B9yD4

Archived