Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 980: Which Returning Starter Washington most needs to improve?

Veretax

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Definitely Trent Williams. We need our left tackle to play at a high level in order to be successful.

Another person I'd say is Adam Carriker. Who knows if he'll even be a starter, but if he is, he's going to need to play very well for us. If he can, along with Bowen, Cofield, and our linebackers, our front 7 will be very strong.

We definitely need TW to improve the most.

LT is the 2nd most important position in moving the football. We need him to be an elite tackle for years to come, if we are going to have any shot at building this team correctly.

Definitely Trent Williams. We need our left tackle to play at a high level in order to be successful.

Another person I'd say is Adam Carriker. Who knows if he'll even be a starter, but if he is, he's going to need to play very well for us. If he can, along with Bowen, Cofield, and our linebackers, our front 7 will be very strong.

There's no question Adam is a starter.

I'll say Lorenzo

I voted for three, but I'd rank them in this order:

1. TW - he had a solid rookie year, but if he can improve and continue to get better, a solid LT makes a tremendous impact on an offense's performance

2. Orakpo - again, he's been solid, but I see this year as him stepping up and being the leader of a very stout D (not to mention he should benefit from having Kerrigan opposite of him)

3. Jammal Brown - if he can stay healthy and improve as well, our bookends will be solid on the O-Line and will give us a lot of versatility in the running game.

Trent Williams.

He needs to really kick on his second season and start fully living upto that 4th pick potential. He's had a full year more or less learning exactly what the pro game is all about. Now's the time to really kick on and start fully living upto the self proclaimed 'Silverback' nonsense on the field.

I'd also throw Lichtensteiger in there too. At 26, he could save us a massive headache on the O-line. To date, he's just been a VERY disappointing one.

Hail.

I checked them all. Honestly, I'd say Jammal Brown is a big one. Need to have him return to his pro bowl form, and based on his salary, he should.

Understanding that he's been recovering from injuries, that gives him plenty of room for improvement.

It's gotta be Lichtenstieger. There might be more important positions... but none starting from a lower standard than LG. He and Rabach were the two worst starters on the team last season... and unlike every other starter on the team who received a boatload of training camp competition this offseason, Lichtenstieger has basically been handed the starting LG job without anything remotely resembling competition. So if he dooesn't improve, there will be precious little to fall back on... clearly, this is our biggest gamble of the offseason.

Trent Williams. He is our #1 pick of a couple years ago, and the anchor of our line, we need him to really sure up that left spot so we can be secure there for a decade.

No doubt that we need that... but even though his performace last season was inconsistent, and even though his position is very important, his performance last season was 4 million times better Lichtenstieger's... so if he only plays as well as last season, it is not the same disaster as if Lichtenstieger remains the same.

Trent Williams, easily. With his physical skills he should be dominant, the best in the game. As it stands he's an average left tackle.

Agreed. He showed flashes of greatness, but it was mixed with inconsistency. I'm crossing my fingers that he'll make a quantum leap in his game in the next couple of years.

No doubt that we need that... but even though his performace last season was inconsistent, and even though his position is very important, his performance last season was 4 million times better Lichtenstieger's... so if he only plays as well as last season, it is not the same disaster as if Lichtenstieger remains the same.

Yeah, pretty much our whole O-line needs to step up

Archived