Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Little Birdie Says: Redskins signed Shayne Graham

SkinzDeep

He's not being brought in to compete with Gano. He's being brought in to replace the worst kicker in the NFL. Gano had the lowest percentage and was one of only two kickers to try at least three 50 yard field goals and make none of them.

As much as I like Gano, he missed to many and was the worst kicker in the league last year, if I recall correctly. Anyone who can come in and kick the ball and take his job or can give him enough motivation to lose his mental instability about kicking, is welcome in my book

Excluding his first two seasons in the league with the Bills and Panthers, if any of you know of him his career was made out with the Bengals. Where since joining he has made 88% of his field goals. Was 12 for 12 last year. His longest was a 53 made in 2009. Not a power kicker, but an accurate one. 629 kickoffs for an average of a 21.2 return.

as much as people bash gano for his field goals this year (and rightfully so), the deep kickoffs were very helpful to our team.

tack on five more yards with the new rule change and no one is going to be returning against gano.

On the flip side, the exta five yards allows teams to de-emphasize and perhaps de-value kickoff ability since there are a ton of guys out there who will do just fine because of the rule change. I would rather have a guy with a little less leg on kickoffs and better field goal accuracy now more than ever.

Archived