Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers... is/should there be a chance of coming back

Monk in the Hall!

Let him sweat it out for a while longer-- he could use the humility-- then sign him to a reasonable deal. D.Hall, Wilson, and Rogers would be a formidable CB corps.

Josh Wilson's deal is 3-years for a total of $13.5 million, so I'm thinking we offer Carlos something along the lines of 3 years and $9 million.

It isn't just Rogers' ability that's holding him back from a contract. It's his mentality. No I wouldn't want him back under ANY circumstance.

How could he even have a working relationship with Hall? After getting rid of guys that Shanahan felt didn't buy into his program, how could he justify re-signing Los?

Think about this: isn't it odd that Carlos hasn't had a single suitor, and our nickel corner, who is almost a year older, and another first round bust, already has teams contacting him? He could've stood to learn alot from Buchanon, especially the part about humbling yourself to contribute to a team in whatever capacity you're needed. Do you think Rogers is going to have a good attitude when a potential team tells him that they're looking at him as a nickel CB? Or even that he'd be competing for the #2 CB position?

With him, it was always about him...I don't even recall him really commenting on losses, or appearing pissed off at losing. His interviews as of late have consisted of how the Redskins have slighted him, how he's the #2 CB available in free agency, and him complaining about making (just) $1.5 mil. Remember the ridiculous interview where he says he'd rather shut his man down than get INTs, as to imply that it's impossible to do both?!

What Rogers doesn't realize is his rookie contract may wind up being the most lucrative of his career. His attitude in addition to play puts him at maybe the 10th best CB available before guys started signing. In no order, there was: Aso, Jonathon Joseph, Josh Wilson, Brent Grimes, Cromartie, DRC, Brandon Carr, Drayton Florence, Chris Carr, Richard Marshall, Ike Taylor...

Reminds me a lot of Rock Cartwright; he had an inflated sense of self (and ability), and the team let him test the market. The response? Not a single inquiry. So he re-signed. It was a badly-needed reality check. Los just can't catch, plain and simple. Dude can cover, no doubt about that....just wish the hands were better.

I think people are way overdoing Rogers' comments on Hall and their relationship, last I heard Hall mentioned that he didn't take it personally and even talked about how he has been in touch with Roger's over the past few weeks. It was Hall's friend that made the big deal out of it.

Anyway, I would be down with bringing him back, whether he wants to come back for the money we would offer him is another story, a secondary with Hall, Wilson and Rogers would be solid IMO and if Barnes has improved like signs indicate, we would have good depth as well.

Make Ita contract with interception incentives. That way the skins know they won't have to overpay. In all seriousness, good riddance. I don't want a player on the skins that is all about himself and not about the team.

I still think the team would be wise to get another corner in here of some ability. Buchanan is fine. Rogers is ok too honestly. We need another guy with good experience. I'd love Cromartie too. In all, I think we'd do well to add a corner, inside backer, offensive lineman and potentially nose tackle. If we got Abrayo Franklin and decency elsewhere, this is a very good offseason. Already is, from the standpoint of getting younger and having a core group to stick with you in this system. But, I'd love a little more strength and depth and versatility. If Franklin is still around in a couple days, though he's 30, he may be a guy to slip in here.

Carlos Rogers and the rest of the corners played 10 yards off the opponents WR's so catching balls against that type of defense is easy. Whatever happened to bump and run? Whatever happened to the days that a CB was up near the line of scrimmage to play press coverage? Carlos Rogers was the worst of them all because he didn't want to get beat deep. Well he didn't have to worry about that because they always caught the ball in front of them. We couldn't stop guys that needed 10 yards for a first down when we needed to. If it was third and 13 then they would get 20 yards against us. Carlos Rogers was apart of that and no one but Carlos calls him a shutdown corner. So don't bring back "Stone Hands" at any point. This team needs playmakers and team players and not guys looking for big paychecks for poor play.

I think people are way overdoing Rogers' comments on Hall and their relationship, last I heard Hall mentioned that he didn't take it personally and even talked about how he has been in touch with Roger's over the past few weeks. It was Hall's friend that made the big deal out of it.

If the comments were the only such comments he's ever made, I'd agree--but they feel similar to other passive-aggressive comments he's made about the team and organization over the years. He clearly doesn't want to be here.

Also love how he'll take these little shots, then apologize later. He's a punk. Have fun in Carolina, LOS.

Archived