Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers... is/should there be a chance of coming back

Monk in the Hall!

In short no....the main reason why is that he's unfortunately already peaked in terms of his on the field performance. He's 30 years old and past his prime as a corner. Though, I really don't understand how he gets jumped on for letting receivers get open and catch balls. I really don't feel he's THAT bad, especially when you look at DeAngelo Hall. Hall gets TD's thrown on him every 2-3 games, and aside for that one particular game with 4 ints...his numbers aren't that impressive. All that Said D-Hall is still a starting corner....but I have my doubts about Rogers.

Oh how the ****y have fallen :) Los ran his big ass mouth one time too many and now he's finding out that the other front offices in the nfc east apparently do not thnk that much of him and his abilities. Personally I am satisfied with Wilson and Barnes as our future. Hope we've seen the last of Los in the b&g at then end of the 2010-2011 season.

Agreed.

Let Carlos go, and eat humble pie. He was/is so full of himself. "Mr Butter fingers" start packing ... your days as a Skin are soon coming to an end. Would prefer signing Cromartie (sp ??) over Carlos.

I'd like to just move on as well. He pretty much played not to "hurt his value" and by doing so, he obviously hurt his value.

He isn't half as good as HE thinks he is, let him go. He is getting next to nothing as far as interest... I almost forgot he was available.

We need another cornerback, period. If Carlos can be had for the right price bring him back. If not sign another good CB. I think Hall is an extremely overrated gambler and as such would like to see another cover corner added to the roster.

Cinci took Clements over Los. AZ isn't that interested in him either. His agent filled his head with delusions of grandeur. He may end up in Oakland so he can live in JC's basement again, Or he can swallow his pride & have his agent give us a call. Haslett is fan of Los & we're probably his best chance at playing time.

Cinci took Clements over Los. AZ isn't that interested in him either. His agent filled his head with delusions of grandeur. He may end up in Oakland so he can live in JC's basement again, Or he can swallow his pride & have his agent give us a call. Haslett is fan of Los & we're probably his best chance at playing time.

Can't find the link where I saw it, but I thought his agent had contacted the FO?

If he comes back, it better be as the Dime Corner. No way he's second on the depth chart with Wilson in the fold

Out of everyone that has put on the burgundy & gold, Carlos Rogers is at the top of my **** list. I can't pin it on one thing, but I've always felt that he didn't care as much as he should, that he's soft, overrated, and just a prick. I hope we've seen the last of him.

Out of everyone that has put on the burgundy & gold, Carlos Rogers is at the top of my **** list. I can't pin it on one thing, but I've always felt that he didn't care as much as he should, that he's soft, overrated, and just a prick. I hope we've seen the last of him.

Wow, that's some pretty harsh words. Over Haynesworth, Archuleta, Sanders, and Jason Taylor?

All he cares is about money. Since last year, he keeps saying he's underpaid and should be paid like the top 5 CB. He's bitter @ Redskins. Do we want someone like that back?

I also remember he said something on 106.7 about Hall. That he's better than Hall and Hall doesn't belong at the Probowl or something like that.

If he comes back, it better be as the Dime Corner. No way he's second on the depth chart with Wilson in the fold

Neither player should be handed the starting job. I've always liked 'Los but he didn't play that well last season. It's hard to know how well Wilson would have played in that defense either. That second corner position should be a three way battle between Wilson/Barnes and Buchanon/Rogers if we bring either of them back. The more competition the better.

With Hall, Wilson and Barnes, we need to be looking for a young corner that can challenge for nickel playing time, a 4th corner to round out the group with Westbrook. Can't believe that Rogers would take such a demotion here.

I like the lockerroom culture we're building, and Rogers doesn't fit into that. He quit on the team last year, preferring to sit out games when he could have played so as not to look bad ahead of free agency.

All he cares is about money. Since last year, he keeps saying he's underpaid and should be paid like the top 5 CB. He's bitter @ Redskins. Do we want someone like that back?

I also remember he said something on 106.7 about Hall. That he's better than Hall and Hall doesn't belong at the Probowl or something like that.

Yeah, I remember him taking a lot of shots at Hall. Seems that they've never quite seen eye-to-eye, ever since Rogers was benched upon Hall's arrival way back in 08. Jealous of Hall's contract, his media acclaim, his probowl nod, his apparent status as the "#1 corner."

We lost with Rogers and we can lose without him. I don't see the upside in bringing him back.

He's the opposite of what this team wants on defense. He's part of the old bend don't break defense. He's the safe route, Wilson and Hall are the route this team is going. Ball hawking, get turnovers, big play defense. That's the opposite of Carlos. He'd be ideal in nickel situations, but his attitude of the last couple of years has been unacceptable

Looks like everyone has there own opinion on this one.... IMOP now that he sees that he isnt going to make the money he thought, bring him back if he is willing. If he dosent want to be here, then fine leave it be. But if we can bring him back for cheap our CB corps gets alot better. Yes, he is terrible in the int department, but he does have good cover skills. Right now are starting CB in nickle coverage are Hall, Wilson, Barns..... Im not sold on Barns yet, I hope he pans out.......... BUT, what if one of them gets hurt, then we would be screwed! You have to have AT LEAST 3 good CB now days in the league. We need more depth, bring him back!

I am with you on this one. If Carlos will come back, I'd make him a fair deal. I wouldn't have to embarrass him either. I'd pay him money. I'd pay him what a 30 year old vet with decent cover skills should make. He won't and shouldn't sniff Namdi money. I'd throw some serious incentives into his deal though as well. Bonuses for more than 5 picks this season for example or some other incentive laden deal. and I'd give him a decent base as well. I ain't mad at the guy for thinking he'd get big dollars. He was wrong. I like him. I'd keep him as our #1 corner quite frankly. You think Josh Wilson is better than him? I don't. I think he WILL be better than him though. It'd be perfect to sign him to a reasonable 3 year deal right now.

I like the lockerroom culture we're building, and Rogers doesn't fit into that. He quit on the team last year, preferring to sit out games when he could have played so as not to look bad ahead of free agency.

We lost with Rogers and we can lose without him. I don't see the upside in bringing him back.

These points are what it essentially boils down to for me concerning Los. Bringing back Los after his comments towards D Hall would serve as a DISTRACTION because Kelli Johnson and the rest of the local media members would MAKE IT A ISSUE. If we need another quality cb grab one next year in the draft along with a qb and some linebackers.

Archived