Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter twitter: Skins Sign Kellen Clemens

SkinsNoles21

AdamSchefter: On the day they're preparing to deal Donovan McNabb, Redskins reached agreement with another QB, former Jet Kellen Clemens on a 1-year deal.

I assume he holds the clipboard.

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/...42071865786369

For those of you that don't want to scour twitter yahoo has this cool thing on their nfl page that updates as someone like Schefter, Peter King, etc. tweets news.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjHSaD2dMNxJIJYQ_LcJiNxDubYF?slug=jc-cole_2011_nfl_free_agents_tracker_072511

He's too old; ran out of gas yeras ago.:ols:

He's only 28. He'll compete.

---------- Post added July-27th-2011 at 11:46 AM ----------

Never heard of this guy. Can someone post a scouting report or something? I know he was on the bench in New York, but that's about it.

So you've heard of him... :ols:

This can't be life
He's played in 25 games and has a career passer rating of 59.7... I'll stop there.

Curious, why the animosity?

He probably won't play much, but at the minimum he's competition and a backup. Experienced guy who has starting experience as a back up is a good thing. Plus he fits the system.

---------- Post added July-27th-2011 at 11:49 AM ----------

He is not much to get excited about, not sure why we go that direction unless they think someone is going to come in and sweep sexy rexy off his feet...... like that would ever happen. :)

Remember, Grossman isn't under contract.

Maybe the Redskins are going for a new promotion to sell season tickets? Fans can keep any football thrown into the stands.

Yet it'll still be better than last year's promotion: "Fans get to scour the field postgame for dead earth worms"

I didn't know he was still playing, he's basically another Rex Grossman. At the very least he comes into camp to compete I wonder if he's really going to be the no. 2 or no. 3, or maybe it's in case they don't sign Grossman? Though I really don't see the value in that, b/c he doesn't know the offense. It looks like the Shanahan's both know something we don't about John Beck. Assuming this move doesn't get Mike fired(God I hope not), what's the worst that can happen? Best case scenario John Beck develops into a solid NFL starter over the next few years. Worst case scenario we win less than 3 games this year and have a good chance of grabbing Andrew Luck. Then again.......maybe we'll just be mediocre.......again?

Curious, why the animosity?

He probably won't play much, but at the minimum he's competition and a backup. Experienced guy who has starting experience as a back up is a good thing. Plus he fits the system.

Animosity? no, not really... just don't see the point... If we were going to bring in a guy with "experience", I guess I'd like to see a QB that has had atleast some success... If Beck is our guy this year, we have our experienced backup

I like it. Shanahans have been able to make the likes of Griese, Steve Beuerlein, Rosenfels, etc. and made them work for a few games at a time. Clemens has some talent, maybe they can use it. Its low risk. Takes us out of the Leinart chase though.

Archived