Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Bizzarro Redskins Hypothetical Thread" w/ Poll

HRNY4ZRNY

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This might fall under the category of not all thoughts should be threads. Not quite sure... LOL If it does please just delete. This popped into my head the other night when I was about to fall asleep.

If you had to pick one of the following options which will be in affect for the next 5 seasons. Which one is the lesser evil?

1. The Washington Redskins General Manager is Bruce Allen and there Head Coach is Jim Zorn for the next 5 years.

2. The Washington Redskins General Manager is Vinny Cerrato and there Head Coach is Mike Shanahan for the next 5 years.

(In this scenario the General Manager has complete control of player personnel.)

For the life of me I don't know what I would choose if I had to pick.

This thread will either be hit or miss... Don't kill me for it!:silly:

This offseason has been horribly slow. Thought I would post my thought.

I'd take A. I'm so freaking happy Vinny is gone, and I love the culture change Bruce is bringing to the business side of this team. Plus, Bruce truly cares about this team and its legacy. Vinny is a glory hound.

Option 1 for sure. Zorn was playing the hand he was dealt. I really do believe Zorn has a pretty good offensive mind and I think he was forced into calling some pretty suspect plays due to the circumstances he was put in.

EDIT: Just think if Vinny had been the GM with Shanahan as HC for this past season. Shanahan could very well have been one and done. Benching a franchise player like McNabb? Vinny would have short circuited!

Good coaching can overcome lackluster talent.

Talent without quality coaching is usually not a successful combination.

Normally I'd agree with you, but Vinny Cerrato brought a different level of incompetence to our football. He's the major reason why our FO has been such a joke. No coach, not even one of Shanahan's quality, could succeed under those conditions. With Bruce at the helm, I could forsee him bringing in a good talent evaluator in the form of a director of player personnel type, and having that guy pick the players for Zorn.

On one hand you have the guy who brought in Haynesworth and on the other hand you have they guy who brought us the swinging gate... Tough Decision...

I guess I'd go with Allen and Zorn. Zorn was a likeable guy and potentially could grow into a good coach.

On one hand you have the guy who brought in Haynesworth and on the other hand you have they guy who brought us the swinging gate... Tough Decision...

I guess I'd go with Allen and Zorn. Zorn was a likeable guy and potentially could grow into a good coach.

While the swinging gate does, to me, stand out as one of the most embarrassing moments in Redskins history, I partially feel it came from a sense of "**** it" from Zorn that kinda grew with Cerrato treating him like dirt.

Plus, in this bizarro world, it's not a guarantee that Allen would hold onto Zorn for a long time. Had Zorn continued to suck and not progress, Allen would replace him.

While the swinging gate does, to me, stand out as one of the most embarrassing moments in Redskins history, I partially feel it came from a sense of "**** it" from Zorn that kinda grew with Cerrato treating him like dirt.

Plus, in this bizarro world, it's not a guarantee that Allen would hold onto Zorn for a long time. Had Zorn continued to suck and not progress, Allen would replace him.

I kind of like that attitude of "**** it", so I'd go with Allen/Zorn.

I think Zorn will get another HC chance somewhere down the line and I think he'll succeed. Having Cerrato throwing $30-50 million at guys waiting to pick up their retirement checks is something that Mike Shanahan and probably even better coaches like Bill Belichick and Bill Walsh couldn't overcome.

I think Zorn will get another HC chance somewhere down the line and I think he'll succeed. Having Cerrato throwing $30-50 million at guys waiting to pick up their retirement checks is something that Mike Shanahan and probably even better coaches like Bill Belichick and Bill Walsh couldn't overcome.

Even though he would have control, I think Shanahan might be able to at least aim Vinny at the right FAs. I just can't get over the swinging gate (x2) against the Giants. That, and the fake-slant draw play that worked for about three games, then everyone knew it was coming.

Depends on how intoxicated I was when I had to make this decision....

If I had a cool chill buzz then I'd probably pick option one. I like Bruce Allens personality alot. He seems like a real cool dude. And Jim Zorn as goofy and as terrible of a head coach he was was a swell guy, someone I could call a pal but know he'd missing a few screws loose. This would be the nicer option.

If on the other hand I was completely trashed and had to make this decision I'm going with option 2. Shanny is a hard ass and attracts drama where he is. It's a difficult marriage with him being our head coach but truth is he does know how to win in this league. Vinny is a terrible GM but the decision he makes make me laugh. If I were completely trashed I'd go with this option thinking that at least it should be interesting for a while.

However pjfootballer said it best. Those are two directions we shouldn't go in.

You know as much as people think Im dumb for posting this which I could very well be...

This puts things into perspective. Both of those choices are horrible. Shanahan and Allen are a million lightyears better than Zorn-Cerrato.

They both had a huge knot to untangle so maybe we should give them some time before we are all doom and gloom on them.

Archived