Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeAngelo Hall Nominated for Espy Award......GO VOTE

GoDeacs

Voted.

Nowitzki vs. Rodgers. Mavericks vs. Packers. Carlisle vs. McCarthy. Tough calls... what'd'cha vote?

In the final game with all the chips on the table Rodgers turned in a nearly flawless performance against a great defense whereas Dirk had a relatively weak game by his own standard and was outshone by Jason Terry.

In the final game with all the chips on the table Rodgers turned in a nearly flawless performance against a great defense whereas Dirk had a relatively weak game by his own standard and was outshone by Jason Terry.

Dirk didn't have to just play one game though, he had to be good for the whole series, which he was. That's why he got my vote over Rodgers. Same with the Mavs and Carlisle. Packers played superbly, but the Mavs did that over six games

• 3 weeks later...

How about giving him the Tough Actin Tinactin Best Burn Award for his play in the 2nd Eagles game, where he let Desean Jackson run by him at full speed for a TD to start the game, dropping him to Landry to cover a nonexistant reciever in the flats?

Nah, I guess he should get an award for catching a couple too many Cutler floaters. I must be a hater, not like he gave up the 2nd most yards of any CB in the NFL.

Where can I join the DHall fanclub? :P

I will give him credit for his improved tackling last season, but he's still seen as a liability in coverage by most teams, and the stats bear that out.

I just hope the Skins go after a solid cb to replace Rogers. Hall gambles so much you really need a fundamentally sound cover CB like Carlos across from him. Even if he can't catch lol

How about giving him the Tough Actin Tinactin Best Burn Award for his play in the 2nd Eagles game, where he let Desean Jackson run by him at full speed for a TD to start the game, dropping him to Landry to cover a nonexistant reciever in the flats?

Nah, I guess he should get an award for catching a couple too many Cutler floaters. I must be a hater, not like he gave up the 2nd most yards of any CB in the NFL.

I will give him credit for his improved tackling last season, but he's still seen as a liability in coverage by most teams, and the stats bear that out.

I just hope the Skins go after a solid cb to replace Rogers. Hall gambles so much you really need a fundamentally sound cover CB like Carlos across from him. Even if he can't catch lol

Yea you are hating.

Do you ever recall DeAngelo having his worst performances ever with the best CB in all of football across from him for half a season? DeAngelo's play results fully on him and how the coaches wish to use him. He gambles, take what you can get. He was a bright spot on this team. It's Landry's own fault that he riled up the Eagles and DeSean to the point where they had to convince Vick to throw him a deep post on the first play of the game and out run a 25 yard Cushion that Landry already had on him. Landry knew he was coming the entire time, hell the booth knew, everybody knew.

[/color]

Yea you are hating.

Do you ever recall DeAngelo having his worst performances ever with the best CB in all of football across from him for half a season? DeAngelo's play results fully on him and how the coaches wish to use him. He gambles, take what you can get. He was a bright spot on this team. It's Landry's own fault that he riled up the Eagles and DeSean to the point where they had to convince Vick to throw him a deep post on the first play of the game and out run a 25 yard Cushion that Landry already had on him. Landry knew he was coming the entire time, hell the booth knew, everybody knew.

The Raiders play more man press coverage than any team in the league. Nnamdhi is very good at it, and Hall was totally miscast in that antiquated scheme.

Its no suprise he looks much better playing mostly zone with the Skins. I don't think it has much to do with the quality of the opposite CB, as much as a square peg in a round hole. Hall fits in better here, no doubt, as a good number 2 cb.

As for covering the best WR? Leave that to Carlos Rogers or his replacement. Anyone that thinks Hall is a shutdown cb is delusional, Hall himself included..

I hear ya. Maybe one of these days Hall will make a play against the Cowboys where he strips the ball, recovers the fumble AND scores what would be the winning score as time expired at the half.

uhhhhhh great insight, except that the award was for the best single game performance.

Oh single game, hmmmm, well still I think you give it to Foster, but by an inch if that. If Hall would have picked off a QB, such as Brees, Manning, etc, then more than likely he would have won. You see the name Cutler and heh, typical.

Oh single game, hmmmm, well still I think you give it to Foster, but by an inch if that. If Hall would have picked off a QB, such as Brees, Manning, etc, then more than likely he would have won. You see the name Cutler and heh, typical.

Foster put up those numbers against the Colts. The Colts run defense. Ranked #24th overall two years ago. Ranked #25 last year. If Foster did it against the Steelers last year I'd think harder about voting for him... but 4 INTs in a game with a pick 6 is far rarer than running for 230+ yards.

http://www.playerfilter.com/nfl/rushing-leaders/#/g,r;rush;ryds,desc;rtd;rtdr;ravg;fum;fuml;fpts&m=w&gtf=career

Ten players in the last decade have run for more yards in a single game than what Foster did. In the last decade one player has picked off four passes.

Archived