Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Painting Question

Trippster

I would think that if you were going after something that's dealing with a lot of water or humidity that the first thing would be to go for an oil based paint. It'll take longer to dry, but will be more resistant to steam, water, and the rest.

Use Drylok on the walls and a high quality epoxy on the floor. (buy from Sherwin Williams, they have a great garage floor epoxy. Expensive but worth it)

You might also want to put some grip tape down afterwords.

Wall is away more popular than Cooley locally, now if you was too say Portis, McNabb then I may can agree but they not with he team anymore.

yes, but how do you expect to paint the Wall with popularity-based paint and expect it to stick as the Redskins start heating up and and whisking away the fans before the paint dries?

I have a question also, I have a wall that connects my kitchen and runs all the way into our family room. How do i decide what to paint each section of the wall?

Paint a mural.

Actually, I'm not sure I understand the layout based on your description. Perhaps make the connecting way the same color as either the kitchen or the family room?

zoony is spot on. dry lok will really do the trick on your block. MAKE SURE IT IS COMPLETELY DRY BEFORE YOU START. you don't need grip tape though.....most good garage floor epoxy's come with the colored or gold flakes, they are for grip just as much as they are for aesthetics....but i still recommend getting the sand that you mix in the paint prior to application.

skinfan2k, you pretty much have to have a stopping point before you change paints. of course, use semi-gloss in the kitchen, but i would use whatever sheen you are using in your living room on that wall. you don't want to run semi-gloss into your living room.

but where do we cut it. i was thinking cutting that wall that is inside the kitchen the same color as the living room? or is that dumb?

yes, that's what i mean. whatever you paint the living room, paint that wall. it won't look dumb. it'll look dumb if you paint the kitchen part of that wall one color and the rest of the wall a different color.

ok thats what i was thinking. thanks major. but the only problem is that we aren't doing the living room for a while and the kitchen very soon since the living room foyer is two floors and we need scaffolding lol unless someone here is a licensed painter lol

just leave that wall alone until you're ready. no big deal.

the living room foyer....how high is the ceiling? is it flat? you don't usually need scaffolding.

not something you want to buy if you don't paint much, but this was the best 85 bucks i've spent in painting. great for leveling ladders on stairs, you can also use it to keep your paint bucket while on a roof, get 2 of them and you can use it and 3 ladders for scaffolding.

http://www.amazon.com/ProVisionTools-APVT-PiViT-Ladder-Leveling/dp/B000095SGF

I'm taking a week's vacation in July to paint and do tile and crown molding. Major get your ass down here, I ****ing hate painting.

I bought the Benjamin Moore paint, I used to buy the cheap stuff for interior walls but I'm now a believer in their products.

I'm taking a week's vacation in July to paint and do tile and crown molding. Major get your ass down here, I ****ing hate painting.

I bought the Benjamin Moore paint, I used to buy the cheap stuff for interior walls but I'm now a believer in their products.

i've moved on...behr is where it's at. lol

i do think benjamin moore is a little better, but not 20 bucks a gallon better. can't go wrong w/ b. moore though. i like the aquapearl finish (which is their fancy name for satin lol )

i've never done tile....have fun painting the crown....

Painting is the worse, i like to lay tile, i have helped a bunch of friends, but i always tell them i do not grout, that is as bad as painting to me :ols:

Painting is the worse, i like to lay tile, i have helped a bunch of friends, but i always tell them i do not grout, that is as bad as painting to me :ols:

Painting isn't bad, it's all the ****ing prep-work!! I give kudos to those who can do it. But I hear ya, would rather lay a brick patio or walkway.

Painting requires a patience I just don't have. Major I normally use behr but Ben moores deck stain has made me a loyal customer. On interior walls I probably should have spent less. However I think there is a definite getwhatyoupayfor consideration with ext paint don't you think?

i do think benjamin moore is a little better, but not 20 bucks a gallon better. can't go wrong w/ b. moore though. i like the aquapearl finish (which is their fancy name for satin lol )

I am not a painter, amateur or professional.

I have hired a number of painters.

I always supply my own paint (Benjamin Moore). Almost every single painter I ever hire refuses to do work for me if I buy Behr. I am not talking a couple painters...

Not sure what is wrong with Behr, but apparently it's a pain in the ass to put on.

It's strange with Behr, reviews seem to be either "best value out there" or "worst paint ever". No middle ground

I've always bought it for interior apps and its been fine. I think it won cons reports best buy a few years back.

Behr is awful. None of my guys will ever use it. Water'd down and just a pain in the ass to use.

If customers are willing to pay for BM, bring it on. But I think you are just fine with a Duron/Sherin Williams paint.

Of course I have had jackass customers willing to buy the "finest paints of Europe" for an absurd amount of money

Archived