Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colin Cowherd: Unemployment

B55Green

I'll be honest, I think he's an *******, but he's a funny *******. It's a sports show with a side of crude humor/satirical comedy. It's not for everyone. 5 years ago, I hated him, but now, I listen to his show whenever I get the chance. He's pretty knowledgable about college football, and not as knowledgable when it comes to other sports, which can be said for many radio hosts. He's a lightning rod. The more controversy he creates, the more people he attracts to his station, whether it's positive, or negative. It's that simple

The funniest part about some of the angry people that call into his show, is that...wait for it...it's a show. No one's forcing you to listen to him. If I don't like listening to a certain radio host, or watching any other show, on any channel, I find something else to look at/listen to. He wants people to be irate towards him, that's his shtick, and no matter how many people want to try their best to "talk some sense into him," he'll always go laughing straight to the bank every time.

• 1 month later...

He's one of those guys you can't let get to you. I just laugh at him because he is so full of himself. He has a few funny things to say every now and then but everything else is pretty much just crap. He says most of the things he does with intent to piss people off. He just comes off as one of those guys you would figure has never fell on hard times financially, one of those guys who just wouldn't understand your team being so important to you because it's the only thing that helps you escape for a couple hours.

It was hilarious when he was talking about how John Wall would fail as a PG because he didn't have a father figure around and you can't learn to be a great leader and man without a father figure.

Wanna know who else grew up without a father figure? Barack ****in Obama.

I think you just helped him make his point.

Anyone other than Kornheiser on ESPN radio is unlistenable.

The second he took 5 or 6 weeks off, I quit listening to ESPN 980.

I don't even listen to the clowns on 106.7 either. I don't listen to any DC sports talk radio now if it's not related to Kornheiser. He runs this market.

Anyone other than Kornheiser on ESPN radio is unlistenable.

The second he took 5 or 6 weeks off, I quit listening to ESPN 980.

I don't even listen to the clowns on 106.7 either. I don't listen to any DC sports talk radio now if it's not related to Kornheiser. He runs this market.

Listening to sports talk in other markets though made me appreciate DC sports talk radio. Trust me, it could be a lot worse. But sports talk is what it is, it's gonna be maddening and ridiculous sometimes, no matter where you are.

Exactly. I enjoy his show as well but I take it for what it is, an entertainment radio show. If he can make my 20 minute drive to work a little more interesting, I'm happy.

I think his main problem as a radio host is that he'll use that 20 minutes to say exactly the same thing. (which I often disagree with anyway.)

All he ever does is repeat himself and re-arrange the words.

It's like, he says what he just said, but with different phrases.

And he does it for 20 minutes at a time. Saying the same thing. Newer verbiage, same meaning, Over and over.

It's almost as if it takes him twenty minutes to say one thing, because he says it again and again, only changing the terms he uses a little, but essentially saying the same thing.

It's as if he can't be wrong in ten minutes, so he just keeps changing the phrasing around and is wrong for another ten minutes.

Repetition. Different words. For a long time.

It's what he does, y'see. repeats himself. He just makes you think he's spent 20 minutes saying new things because the words are different every time he recycles the thought.

I can't take him. He's too repetitive, and no matter how often he changes the language he uses, I usually think his point is wrong anyway.

Because he repeats himself so much it drives me nuts, especially since I so often disagree with his point no matter how many ways he tries to express it.

It's as if changing the words will make me realize he hasn't just repeated the same drivel for twenty minutes. Drivel that I think is idiotic an inordinate amount of the time.

Because repetition isn't good radio, especially when the host changes the words up so it sounds like he's got a thought going.

He needs a sidekick, if anything.

It will help stop him from these endless loops of repeated thoughts that are expressed slighly differently.

because the loops are seemingly with no end, and even though the terms are different, the thought is still the same.

And it's usually wrong. Even if it is repeated. Again. With re-arranged phrases. For 20 minutes.

~Bang

I dislike Cowherd, but I still like Sports Nation.

I don't know how to explain it.

I don't mind Sports Nation, and I can't stand Cowherd.

But, with a person there making sure it isn't just him yapping the whole time, he's better.

Still not great, but better.

His radio show really could use a second person, someone that can counter these ramblings of his.

~Bang

I don't mind Sports Nation, and I can't stand Cowherd.

But, with a person there making sure it isn't just him yapping the whole time, he's better.

Still not great, but better.

His radio show really could use a second person, someone that can counter these ramblings of his.

~Bang

I agree, he can ramble but he infuses humor which is funny at times. At least his ramblings are reality based. I mean, look the Arian Foster thing. The reality is 99% of the people could care less about him as a person. Cowherd is right and Foster is diluted if he thinks otherwise. The other 1%, they're the ones who name their babies after their favorite player.

Archived