Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm getting bad vibes about Jarvis Jenkins... (Twitter related)

street_lyte

I understand the basis for the argument and some have debated and presented there arguments in a good way. To mercuryrising, what the hell are you talking about with spags? Really just wow.

To me its a non issue because if you guys knew 1/4 about some of your favorite players off the field and away from the cameras your opinion would

Be drastically different. Everyone has a past and grows as a person as they grow older or situations help them mature ie Sean taylor. Out of college and into a NFL fraternity isn't exactly the "real" world for the everyday person and it takes time to adjust for some. I think part of maturing is making mistakes and learning from them but certainly nobody is perfect. Jarvis is a good kid and just because he converses with his friends in a way some might not agree with doesn't change that.

I agree. I would just prefer he kept some of that off field stuff to himself for his own sake. Im not going to root against him because he's not a model citizen. But some will and the media will put it on blast. He just needs to learn to keep that **** amongst himself and his boys.

Sitting on two knees as a defensive tackle means to take on multiple blockers and hold your ground to eat space. He made that response to a question about where he thought the Redskins would play him. Its the perfect answer... just in case anyone misinterpreted that comment.

LOL!!!!!

OMG, I never even thought about his comments in sexual terms! That's freaking hilarious!

Jarvis99jenkins jarvis jenkins

judge me all you want ive did no bad to anybody all i do is work hard. get to know me, and not my twitter before judging me. @extremeskins.

Hey Jarvis. It's all good. The Skins have PASSIONATE fans that love football in general and everything about this team particularly.

Don't worry - You'll get more than a fair shake from this fan base.

Wow.

There's a really great amount of stupid collected in this thread. :doh:

Some of you REALLY need to get out more often.

I actually think there's a lot of great discussion going back and forth here, have you actually read the thread?

Also, implying that some of us need to "get out more" is kind of a douche thing to say/assume. Because I check twitter on my iphone about 3 times a day and started a thread about some opinions I have, that means that I don't get out, or have a life?

I guess being a forum mod with 27,000+ posts means you can have a life, but starting a thread about twittter posts makes me a mouth-breathing loser living in my mom's basment.

you're just being defensive instead of realizing why forming such an opinion without any real research into it, where you are making a personal judgement on someone based just on comments to friends, is a jerk move. Your OP reads like someone who saw a bunch of "gangster talk" and immediately rushed to be the first to express a "concern" over one of the new Redskins, instead of taking the time to fully develop your opinion with some facts to back it up, instead of actually caring about the fact you are making a personal judgement on someone you don't know and taking the time to make sure your opinion has good backing, instead of just comments on a social networking site.
You used the words "gangster talk" not the OP.

And I find it ironic you are making a personal judgement on someone you don't know while calling them out for making a personal judgement on someone they don't know.

KDawg, him not meeting your maturity standards on Twitter has nothing to do with his job.

It's no "my standards" it's common sense.

You know who else may post immature things on Twitter? Your pizza delivery boy, your bus driver, the guy that checks your bags at the airport, but you're not analyzing them, because their maturity on Twitter has nothing to do with their jobs.

I also don't follow players OR pizza delivery guys on twitter. Why? Because I couldn't care any less. I did see a bunch of judgemental people in this thread, on both sides of the coin, and wanted to bring my opinion to the mix. Apparently, you take issue with my stance. Which is fine. But I also don't quite think you grasped the entire thing, either.

I stated that it goes against my norm to judge you all by calling you all snobs, but I also don't see any other way to interpret it. I'm still open to one of you explaining how this relates to football in any way.

Not showing up to the mini camps applies to football. But, that's neither here nor there. You're still judging, whether its against your norm or not. And almost every single person in this thread and in this world judges others, so please hop off of your high horse. People don't agree with you, thats okay, but the name calling is a bit low and unnecessary.

Otherwise, you all are just over analyzing for the sake of over analyzing(which is snobbish in my opinion, sorry).

And you're opinion is quite honestly snobbish... sorry.

Wow.

Disappointing response from you. I would have thought you'd compose a more well thought out post than this one. I would have liked to read your opinion, either way.

I actually think there's a lot of great discussion going back and forth here, have you actually read the thread?

Also, implying that some of us need to "get out more" is kind of a douche thing to say/assume. Because I check twitter on my iphone about 3 times a day and started a thread about some opinions I have, that means that I don't get out, or have a life?

I guess being a forum mod with 27,000+ posts means you can have a life, but starting a thread about twittter posts makes me a mouth-breathing loser living in my mom's basment.

Funny how you assumed I was talking directly to you when I never mentioned anyone's name. But it looks like you tend to assume a lot of things judging by your original post. :)

Disappointing response from you. I would have thought you'd compose a more well thought out post than this one. I would have liked to read your opinion, either way.

Sorry, I didn't have my morning coffee. :(

Funny how you assumed I was talking directly to you when I never mentioned anyone's name. But it looks like you tend to assume a lot of things judging by your original post. :)

Well then, would you like to give us a little more insight as to what you think is so stupid? I'd expect something better than just a drive-by slap without even saying who it was intended for. I did take it personally, it seemed directed at me or at least to people on my side of the argument.

And nice little jab there at the end of your post. No seriously, I liked that. :)

We can't have it both ways. We want 24x7 access to NFL players off the field, thru FB and twitter and custom sites, yet we want that constant access to not leave a blemish on our perception of them. They aren't angels and they aren't perfect. I could care less about his tweets as long as he does flip his switch "on" for us.

I can only imagine some of the"insight" Riggo would have given us in the 80s if he had a mechanism to instantly broadcast his thoughts sans filter to the entire Redskins community. Don't peek inside the box if you aren't ready to find something you weren't looking for.

The only thing I don't like about his twitter account is his bio. He uses the word "currently" maybe I'm thinking too much like a girl right now but, "....currently a defensive lineman for the washington redskins...."

That's interesting, I never noticed that.

Definitely not ok to use that in a relationship though. "Currently dating _____" "Currently married to ______" :ols:

Wow.

You mean there is stuff outside of Extremeskins, Redskins, Twitter, Facebook and other teams message boards???? :P

So basically we have:

"I am concerned about the image that player x is projecting on twitter."

Followed by:

"Don't judge people on the image that they project!" and "You are a pathetic loser who needs to get out more for judging someone on what they say, but I am cool for doing the same thing to you... because my opinion is right and yours is wrong!..."

Some of you are "embarrassing" yourselves by working yourself up way more over differing opinions than the OP ever did about some tweets....

Very interesting stuff.... Lots of cognitive dissonance....

So basically we have:

"I am concerned about the image that player x is projecting on twitter."

Followed by:

"Don't judge people on the image that they project!" and "You are a pathetic loser who needs to get out more for judging someone on what they say, but I am cool for doing the same thing to you... because my opinion is right and yours is wrong!..."

Some of you are "embarrassing" [/i] by working yourself up way more over differing opinions than the OP ever did about some tweets....

Very interesting stuff.... Lots of cognitive dissonance....

This should be added to the wikipedia page for straw man.

Ill just say this. The OP was onto something and I just took exception to people jumping all over while he never meant any ill-will and was only expressing concern. People just need to relax sometimes.

We all want this kid to be a beast and hopefully he does bring some much need attitude to the defense. But there is nothing wrong with being concerned with his off-field behavior.

Funny that since he actually has knowledge of this thread maybe he will use peoples perception of his tweets to adjust accordingly. I see no malice on the part of the OP nor Jenkins tweets themselves. Hopefully Jenkins realizes just how much his every move is in public view and that includes social networking.

Some people like myself only use twitter on their smart phones. It's really rare for me to use a computer and tweet something so I always have a typo or two, plus use shortcuts on some of my tweets. If I have a typo, it doesn't mean that I am stupid and can't spell, it just means that I suck at typing on my phone. This morning I spelled The Eagles album Desperado wrong because of my stupid phone. Which came out 38 years ago by the way. I wore the grooves out of that album and feel extremely old now.

Archived