Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm getting bad vibes about Jarvis Jenkins... (Twitter related)

street_lyte

Bad vibes about tweets? We're not talking. Fondlesworth or Dez Bryant type issues/ red flags we're talking protected tweets between friends.

WOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Just have to correct this, because I am still amazed people don't really get the prviacy of tweets and Facebook, or lack therof... STILL....

There is no protection of your "tweets". There is no expectation of privacy with what you write and post on these social media sites. It is public information and the companies reserve the rights to do with it as they please. It is the same as walking out to your street corner and shouting your thoughts with a bullhorn..... What you write is archived and available to anyone the company wants to share it with, or who presents a valid court order to get it.

FB already made it clear it will share everything with the government, without cause or court order. Google CEO said if you don't want people to know what you type into their search engine: then don't type it. Myspace was the first to claim all material posted to have the rights owned by them, to do with it as they please, and all of them followed suit..... Those "private" messages to your friends could be publsihed one day when you become famous and they can sell them.... I had a friend who had all of his messages retrieved by attorneys in a civil case.... Anyway, people should be aware and make whatever choice they care to make after knowing the facts.

JENKINS: "I’ll sit there on two knees if that’s what they want me to do......... I’m the kind of guy that does the dirty work.”

If he's implying what I think he's implying, maybe we SHOULD be watching his tweets a little more closely.

Lewinksy got a book deal; Vivian Ward from 'Pretty Woman' climbed the corporate ladder, Jarvis got picked a round early.... Dare I say there is some type of pattern here?

I've followed him since he was drafted to the team and I think its more just for him and his friends. Brandon Banks doesn't ever tweet anything about Redskin football although he does tweet a lot about working out and you know he is commited to the team and same with Laron Landry. It's just a social network for the kid, he's not obligated to use his account for all things Redskins.

I didnt want to bring this up, but i agree completely.. I went through his timeline to find examples, but stopped due to all the nonsense on there.. One thing i noticed, most athletes have their pics be of them on the field, or something with their families if not. This guys got some d-boy pose.. (3-2-1 till the racist card starts getting thrown around).

Yall say the same thing about Sean Taylor about he thug and he dont talk to reporter

stop following his twit and judge him on his play. You are a year older every draft, yet the kids we draft are roughly all the same age. Like going out to bars year after year, everyone looks young eventually. Everyone will eventually lose touch with life of a 22 year old football player, if they ever knew in the first place.

More importantly, I wonder how if he likes the move to the 3-4. I dont see him as a solution at NT, I think he is going to be an end.

Just have to correct this, because I am still amazed people don't really get the prviacy of tweets and Facebook, or lack therof... STILL....

There is no protection of your "tweets". Anyway, people should be aware and make whatever choice they care to make after knowing the facts.

What he meant by "protected" was that you have to send Jenkins a request first to follow, and he has to approve of it, before you are able to read his tweets on twitter. I think Jenkins is aware that it's a public forum, which is why he privatized his account.

An excerpt from a post of mine about that "Grunt" website that Kerrigan was interacting with fans through, that I think applies here as well:

The fans who DO care about this stuff are the growing legions of creepily interested, overly obsessive people that have been able to come to the forefront with this huge wave of social networking technology.

Basically, the equivalent of rabid Us Weekly/People Magazine readers, but in sports. Its just weird to me.

Jarvis99jenkins jarvis jenkins

judge me all you want ive did no bad to anybody all i do is work hard. get to know me, and not my twitter before judging me. @extremeskins

get off the dudes sack jesus..

judge me all you want ive did no bad to anybody all i do is work hard. get to know me' date=' and not my twitter before judging me. @extremeskins

1 minute ago

:rotflmao:

ES FTW![/quote']

Welcome to the Extremeskins family JJ..... :-) Don't sweat it. You knock Homo on his ass a few times and no one will say anything about your Twitter account....

Mr. Jenkins, since there's a chance you're reading this, I'll say this:

The people actually worried about your twitter are jackasses (sorry, people). You seem like a stand-up guy and a hard worker, and you're willing to do the dirty work in the trenches from what I've read.

Don't judge US, the fanbase, on this stupidity. Play your heart out, and you'll be loved by Skins fans all over.

Good luck! :)

Two things in J3's favor:

1. I did an email interview with him for my blog, only a few days after the draft. Read it here. He gives a good impression, although his grammar and spelling were indeed atrocious (I cleaned it up). As a player, he sounds like the kind of dude you want on the field. If not, he's smart enough to fake it pretty well.

2. Dexter Manley was arguably the best defensive end in Redskins history, and during his career, he couldn't even read. So you could argue that tweeting anything demonstrates at least the bare minimum requirement in general competency, for his position.

Mr. Jenkins, since there's a chance you're reading this, I'll say this:

The people actually worried about your twitter are jackasses (sorry, people). You seem like a stand-up guy and a hard worker, and you're willing to do the dirty work in the trenches from what I've read.

Don't judge US, the fanbase, on this stupidity. Play your heart out, and you'll be loved by Skins fans all over.

Good luck! :)

And the guy who wrote this is a kiss ass.

I think you guys are being a little harsh on the OP. He's not bashing JJ, hes just bringing up something that caught his attention during a LOCKOUT. You guys act like you have something better to talk about. And for what its worth I am a fan of JJ and have been since I watched him during the Senior Bowl which is more then most can say considering he was labeled as a reach by most on this board following the pick. But he has some lapses in judgment and can come off as a thug sometimes. Including this.

25preyu.jpg

Hes number 99, and it's pretty obvious what that hand gesture represents. His play on the field can make this a non issue, but he does need to keep his nose clean.

:rolleyes:

Yes. Because I'm courteous and hopeful, rather than judgmental, nit-picky, and obsessive, I'm a kiss ass.

Im not calling you a kiss ass, but I thought calling those who question his maturity Jackass's was a little over the top.

Im not calling you a kiss ass, but I thought calling those who question his maturity Jackass's was a little over the top.

Calling his maturity into question over some tweets, which one must obsessively follow in the first place to get the "feeling" the OP did, which he specifically admitted, is a certain kind of jackassery, to me. Its not only looking for something to complain about, but its fairly presumptive as well.

I have no problem with someone concluding something about his character....from more concrete evidence.

Archived