Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm getting bad vibes about Jarvis Jenkins... (Twitter related)

street_lyte

I think you guys are being a little harsh on the OP. He's not bashing JJ, hes just bringing up something that caught his attention during a LOCKOUT. You guys act like you have something better to talk about. And for what its worth I am a fan of JJ and have been since I watched him during the Senior Bowl which is more then most can say considering he was labeled as a reach by most on this board following the pick. But he has some lapses in judgment and can come off as a thug sometimes. Including this.

25preyu.jpg

Hes number 99, and it's pretty obvious what that hand gesture represents. His play on the field can make this a non issue, but he does need to keep his nose clean.

Thank you,

Most of you guys that disagree with me act like I'm nailing JJ to the wall. If you read my posts throughout this thread, you will clearly see all I'm expressing is CONCERN. And I've acknowledged NUMEROUS times that it is only MY opinion, not something I expect everyone here to agree with.

"

Dro_08 Dro

by Jarvis99jenkins@

@Jarvis99jenkins @extremeskins haters gone hate bruh..

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Jarvis99jenkins jarvis jenkins

judge me all you want ive did no bad to anybody all i do is work hard. get to know me, and not my twitter before judging me. @extremeskins

--------------------

Hey Jarvis, I said that I DON'T know you, and I would love to meet you, the whole point of this thread was me just saying your tweets were rubbing me the wrong way. And I know I'm in the minority on that one. I want nothing more than for you to prove me wrong and succeed while rocking the B&G.

And to your retweet- I'm far from a "hater"... trust me on that one.

---------- Post added May-31st-2011 at 01:28 AM ----------

Calling his maturity into question over some tweets, which one must obsessively follow in the first place to get the "feeling" the OP did, which he specifically admitted, is a certain kind of jackassery, to me. Its not only looking for something to complain about, but its fairly presumptive as well.

I have no problem with someone concluding something about his character....from more concrete evidence.

First of all, there's nothing "obsessive" about my following of his tweets. I check twitter probably three times a day. It's all there for me to read, it's not like I'm refreshing my page every 30 seconds waiting for some new stuff to ***** about.

Secondly, I already acknowledged that I'm forming an opinion on him by something that IS NOT very concrete. Notice how the title of the thread is "bad VIBES", not "JJ is a freaking BUM and here's all the proof via his twitter account."

What is it that you people don't understand about this? I couldn't put it clearly enough. Calling out my feelings as "jackassery" is pretty jackassery yourself. You don't have to agree with me, and I expected very few people to, I was just saying that I'm concerned about what kind of player he might be based on his twitter use, and seeing if anybody else out there shared a similar feeling.

You all act like I just took a **** on your kitchen floor.

Calling his maturity into question over some tweets, which one must obsessively follow in the first place to get the "feeling" the OP did, which he specifically admitted, is a certain kind of jackassery, to me. Its not only looking for something to complain about, but its fairly presumptive as well.

I have no problem with someone concluding something about his character....from more concrete evidence.

We are all obsessive over the Skins in some form. If we weren't we wouldn't be here. I think its pretty obvious that JJ has shown some signs of immaturity. If you choose not to believe that I won't hold it against you. I won't call you a jackass either.

Since when does a football player always have to be HIGH Character person. The Steelers in the 70's were Beasts on Steroids, and they are Legendary. I Love my London Fletcher attitude players, but I'll take my Sean Taylor DGAF kinda players as well. Let's see what the guy has on the field before we start labeling him anything please

HTTR

Since when does a football player always have to be HIGH Character person. The Steelers in the 70's were Beasts on Steroids, and they are Legendary. I Love my London Fletcher attitude players, but I'll take my Sean Taylor DGAF kinda players as well. Let's see what the guy has on the field before we start labeling him anything please

HTTR

Very good point. I agree that you need some badass on your D. If that comes with a little thug sprinkled on top, then so be it. But the kid has to show he can play if he wants to get by with some question marks attached to his character. Nobody in here ever said that we didn't like Jarvis or want him to be a good player. The only thing that was brought up was the fact that he may have some maturity issues. Its funny how posters jump out like your talking about their kids when you say something that could be perceived as negative about a Redskins player. ST had alot of these issues early in his career as well and they were well documented. He ended up being one of the most beloved players in Skins history. Do you think he would have ended up being the player he was if no one told him he needed to get his **** together and stop hangin with the fools he surrounded himself with. Doubt it. And not to say Jarvis even has a problem. There's just nothing wrong with being concerned.

Most of you guys that disagree with me act like I'm nailing JJ to the wall. If you read my posts throughout this thread, you will clearly see all I'm expressing is CONCERN. And I've acknowledged NUMEROUS times that it is only MY opinion, not something I expect everyone here to agree with.

"

Dro_08 Dro

by Jarvis99jenkins@

@Jarvis99jenkins @extremeskins haters gone hate bruh..

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Jarvis99jenkins jarvis jenkins

judge me all you want ive did no bad to anybody all i do is work hard. get to know me, and not my twitter before judging me. @extremeskins

--------------------

Hey Jarvis, I said that I DON'T know you, l and I would love to meet you, the whole point of this thread was me just saying your tweets were rubbing me the wrong way. And I know I'm in the minority on that one. I want nothing more than for you to prove me wrong and succeed while rocking the B&G.

Except you used your "concern," based solely off tweets between Jenkins and friends, to then question his work ethic and conduct. You ever read the message board of a fantasy football league? A lot of the talk on there would you make you wonder if some of those people could ever hold a job where they have to interact with others, but only if you actually put serious consideration into it.

Like I said before, you mentioned nothing of his behavior or work ethic while at college, provided no quotes from coaches, draft experts, scouts on Jenkins' attitude, you know, actual research to back up your concern from factual sources instead of a social networking site.

You should heed Jenkins comment to you, because you're just being defensive instead of realizing why forming such an opinion without any real research into it, where you are making a personal judgement on someone based just on comments to friends, is a jerk move. Your OP reads like someone who saw a bunch of "gangster talk" and immediately rushed to be the first to express a "concern" over one of the new Redskins, instead of taking the time to fully develop your opinion with some facts to back it up, instead of actually caring about the fact you are making a personal judgement on someone you don't know and taking the time to make sure your opinion has good backing, instead of just comments on a social networking site.

Except you used your "concern," based solely off tweets between Jenkins and friends, to then question his work ethic and conduct. You ever read the message board of a fantasy football league? A lot of the talk on there would you make you wonder if some of those people could ever hold a job where they have to interact with others, but only if you actually put serious consideration into it.

Like I said before, you mentioned nothing of his behavior or work ethic while at college, provided no quotes from coaches, draft experts, scouts on Jenkins' attitude, you know, actual research to back up your concern from factual sources instead of a social networking site.

You should heed Jenkins comment to you, because you're just being defensive instead of realizing why forming such an opinion without any real research into it, where you are making a personal judgement on someone based just on comments to friends, is a jerk move. Your OP reads like someone who saw a bunch of "gangster talk" and immediately rushed to be the first to express a "concern" over one of the new Redskins, instead of taking the time to fully develop your opinion with some facts to back it up, instead of actually caring about the fact you are making a personal judgement on someone you don't know and taking the time to make sure your opinion has good backing, instead of just comments on a social networking site.

So are you just going to ignore the photo?

And what research should he do? Go online and find out what mediots say about him? Your right, he should go find some 3rd party BS rather then get his info straight from the horses mouth. Twitter is just completely random spurts of letters. No one means anything they tweet.

What he meant by "protected" was that you have to send Jenkins a request first to follow, and he has to approve of it, before you are able to read his tweets on twitter. I think Jenkins is aware that it's a public forum, which is why he privatized his account.

Ok,maybe I am not being clear. It is not protected, regardless of your privacy settings. Courts have already ruled that there is no expectation of privacy on these social sites, not even in so called "private messages", not even with deleted messages, regardless of the users privacy settings.. Sorry if I was not clear, or if I misunderstand the point about it being protected. No such thing.....

I wish it was back in the old days when we didn't get to hear the player's personal opinions on anything from politics to music preference. Then our idiotic football stars wouldn't have somewhere to express their views (like their views matter at all) and our fans wouldn't figure out just how many players in the NFL aren't very nice people by their standards.

So, if we do not base our judgments of people on their words, actions, and the type of people they hang with, what exactly do we base our judgments on?

I am not ready to condemn him based on his tweets, and neither is the OP. But to say what he types or says to his Twitter friends, has no bearing on who is, is rather ridiculous...

Why can you judge the Op as committing a jerk move based on what he writes, and he cannot express concern over what a football player writes? It seems like hypocrisy, a double standard, or a contradiction at the least.

So are you just going to ignore the photo?

And what research should he do? Go online and find out what mediots say about him? Your right, he should go find some 3rd party BS rather then get his info straight from the horses mouth. Twitter is just completely random spurts of letters. No one means anything they tweet.

No, I actually was going to comment that I thought the photo was the only real evidence in here of Jenkins being immature on the field. He can go online and find if reports issued attitude concerns with Jenkins, you know, like they did with mallet. I also said to try and find coaches comments as well, in the very post you quoted. So why ask a question which was already answered in what you are responding to, and then misrepresent and belittle the sources I mentioned, while defending an opinion based off nothing more than a social networking site? If you're not going address what I actually said, and sit there and pretend all I listed was "BS info from 3rd party sources" when I mentioned scouting reports and coaches quotes, then why should I keep talking to you when you won't acknowledge my actual argument?

No, you're right, no research shouldbe done, just blast away with personal judgements based on little info from comments to friends on a social networking site. SMH. Heck, he could have searched the ES 2011 draft scouting thread.

Like I said, and you ignored, I put as much stock into tweets as I do posts on a fantasy football message board.

JENKINS: "I’ll sit there on two knees if that’s what they want me to do......... I’m the kind of guy that does the dirty work.” [/Quote]

If he's implying what I think he's implying, maybe we SHOULD be watching his tweets a little more closely.

Lewinksy got a book deal; Vivian Ward from 'Pretty Woman' climbed the corporate ladder, Jarvis got picked a round early.... Dare I say there is some type of pattern here?

Sitting on two knees as a defensive tackle means to take on multiple blockers and hold your ground to eat space. He made that response to a question about where he thought the Redskins would play him. Its the perfect answer... just in case anyone misinterpreted that comment.

Ok,maybe I am not being clear. It is not protected, regardless of your privacy settings. Courts have already ruled that there is no expectation of privacy on these social sites, not even in so called "private messages", not even with deleted messages, regardless of the users privacy settings.. Sorry if I was not clear, or if I misunderstand the point about it being protected. No such thing.....

If you say so. All I know is that when I log onto twitter I can't see what comments Jenkins makes because I never sent him a follow request, as I felt someone who actually has that set-up might only want his actual friends and acquaintences to be following him.

For someone who keeps saying this, you aren't taking that disagreement well.

He seems to be taking it rather maturely. He has been judged and called all kinds of names, and has not resorted to the same in his replies. He is entitled to defend his position, especially when he continues to use reasoning. I really hate seeing him being ganged up on and then basically being told by you now that he needs to just shut up and not defend himself or his position.....

So, if we do not base our judgments of people on their words, actions, and the type of people they hang with, what exactly do we base our judgments on?

I am not ready to condemn him based on his tweets, and neither is the OP. But to say what he types or says to his Twitter friends, has no bearing on who is, is rather ridiculous...

Why can you judge the Op as committing a jerk move based on what he writes, and he cannot express concern over what a football player writes? It seems like hypocrisy, a double standard, or a contradiction at the least.

I didn't realize a social networking site could let you truly know a players work ethic. The OP made a judgement on work ethic based solely off comments to friends. THAT is the personal judgement I have an issue with.

To question his work ethic on the field ased solely on comments to friends is rathr ridiculous.

"Jerk move" is a judgment of his actions in here, not on his person. I'm not using it to then question his work ethic or make any other persnal judgements. See the difference?

If you say so. All I know is that when I log onto twitter I can't see what comments Jenkins makes because I never sent him a follow request, as I felt someone who actually has that set-up might only want his actual friends and acquaintences to be following him.

I do say so, and so do the courts. Do you want me to copy and paste the information for you, or can you google "expectation of privacy on social network sites" on your own. I don't even get your position that what we say to friends cannot be used to judge us? So if I say I like to beat women, but am saying it only to my best friend, no one who overhears it can form any opinion of the remark, or me?

He seems to be taking it rather maturely. He has been judged and called all kinds of names, and has not resorted to the same in his replies. He is entitled to defend his position, especially when he continues to use reasoning. I really hate seeing him being ganged up on and then basically being told by you now that he needs to just shut up and not defend himself or his position.....

For a second I thought you were talking about Jenkins. The OP puts serious stock in Jenkins' tweets. Jenkins tweet response to him came off mature, not gangster/thuggish/immature. Shouldn't that count too, if his other tweets are being counted?

I'm not telling him to stop defending himself or his ideas, or to "shut up".

I was just saying that for someone who readily admits that he knew when hitting the "post new thread" button he'd be getting lots of disagreement, he sure seems surprised to actually see those reactions. You can't admit that you know your opinion will be in the minority on the topic, and then become exasperated when just that proves to be true.

That's all I meant with that last post.

No, I actually was going to comment that I thought the photo was the only real evidence in here of Jenkins being immature on the field. He can go online and find if reports issued attitude concerns with Jenkins, you know, like they did with mallet. I also said to try and find coaches comments as well, in the very post you quoted. So why ask a question which was already answered in what you are responding to, and then misrepresent and belittle the sources I mentioned, while defending an opinion based off nothing more than a social networking site? If you're not going address what I actually said, and sit there and pretend all I listed was "BS info from 3rd party sources" when I mentioned scouting reports and coaches quotes, then why should I keep talking to you when you won't acknowledge my actual argument?

No, you're right, no research shouldbe done, just blast away with personal judgements based on little info from comments to friends on a social networking site. SMH. Heck, he could have searched the ES 2011 draft scouting thread.

Like I said, and you ignored, I put as much stock into tweets as I do posts on a fantasy football message board.

Good coaches will never throw their players under the bus so I'm not sure what you expect in that department. Scouting reports aren't going to pick up on everything. Especially if the guy doesn't have any arrests or run-ins with the law. Which is good. On top of that, the thread title ends with "(twitter related)", so he stated the basis of his opinion from the get go. He also stated that he doesn't know the guy but that his tweets rubbed him the wrong way. And obviously he was on to something considering he had never seen that photo, but still managed to pick up on some immature/thuggish traits. Which pretty much shows that your stance that you can't pick up anything worth while on a person from twitter is incorrect. Cuz he did.

And the bolded portion is just ridiculous to me. How you can even compare thoughts coming directly from an individual to FF site BS doesn't make sense to me.

I didn't realize a social networking site could let you truly know a players work ethic. The OP made a judgement on work ethic based solely off comments to friends. THAT is the personal judgement I have an issue with.

To question his work ethic on the field ased solely on comments to friends is rathr ridiculous.

"Jerk move" is a judgment of his actions in here, not on his person. I'm not using it to then question his work ethic or make any other persnal judgements. See the difference?

I certainly find the line of reasoning that a bad dude can still play some good football, more compelling than "we cannot judge people based on what they say or type".

I may or may not agree with the OP, but some of the posters here are way more judgmental and out of line than he ever was simply for expressing concern, while supposedly championing the side of non-judgmentalness..... I like the story of Mean Joe Greene calling out in a playoff game against the Raiders: "Hey Gene, Upshaw..... I am going to kick your ass today!" So I don't think these guys all have to be Doug Flutie, but posting thug stuff on twitter doesn't impress me either...

---------- Post added May-30th-2011 at 10:24 PM ----------

I'm not telling him to stop defending himself or his ideas, or to "shut up".

I was just saying that for someone who readily admits that he knew when hitting the "post new thread" button he'd be getting lots of disagreement, he sure seems surprised to actually see those reactions. You can't admit that you know your opinion will be in the minority on the topic, and then become exasperated when just that proves to be true.

That's all I meant with that last post.

Cool. He just seemed to be getting ganged up on quite a bit.

I do say so, and so do the courts. Do you want me to copy and paste the information for you, or can you google "expectation of privacy on social network sites" on your own. I don't even get your position that what we say to friends cannot be used to judge us? So if I say I like to beat women, but am saying it only to my best friend, no one who overhears it can form any opinion of the remark, or me?

Defensive much? Nice attitude to start off your post! I didn't disagree with you, I just said what my perspective was from using twitter. I'm sure you can google his name and tweets and get some to pop up, but then you'd have to have an actual interest in reading what he says. I interpreted the "protected" comment to mean protected from casual observers, unlike most tweeters. Perhaps I interpreted it wrong.

How would I know if your hypothetical comment to your friend was serious or not. People on ES mistake meanings of posts and miss sarcasm all the time. Do you really think comments to friends on a social networking site is a valid basis for judgement on work ethic on its own?

For a second I thought you were talking about Jenkins. The OP puts serious stock in Jenkins' tweets. Jenkins tweet response to him came off mature, not gangster/thuggish/immature. Shouldn't that count too, if his other tweets are being counted?

Absolutely... The OP has been very careful not to pass judgment, and only express that he was concerned. Not everyone here has been as kind to him.

Good for Jenkins for handling it well.

---------- Post added May-30th-2011 at 10:33 PM ----------

Defensive much? Nice attitude to start off your post! I didn't disagree with you, I just said what my perspective was from using twitter. I'm sure you can google his name and tweets and get some to pop up, but then you'd have to have an actual interest in reading what he says. I interpreted the "protected" comment to mean protected from casual observers, unlike most tweeters. Perhaps I interpreted it wrong.

How would I know if your hypothetical comment to your friend was serious or not. People on ES mistake meanings of posts and miss sarcasm all the time. Do you really think comments to friends on a social networking site is a valid basis for judgement on work ethic on its own?

I have nothing to be defensive about, and my attitude is just fine. The information I passed along concerning no expectation of privacy on sites like Twitter was not my opinion. sorry if that bothers you, but it is settled case precedence in our judicial system.

Ill just say this. The OP was onto something and I just took exception to people jumping all over while he never meant any ill-will and was only expressing concern. People just need to relax sometimes.

We all want this kid to be a beast and hopefully he does bring some much need attitude to the defense. But there is nothing wrong with being concerned with his off-field behavior.

double post.....

Ill just say this. The OP was onto something and I just took exception to people jumping all over while he never meant any ill-will and was only expressing concern. People just need to relax sometimes.

We all want this kid to be a beast and hopefully he does bring some much need attitude to the defense. But there is nothing wrong with being concerned with his off-field behavior.

Bingo...

I certainly find the line of reasoning that a bad dude can still play some good football, more compelling than "we cannot judge people based on what they say or type".

Don't over-simplify my argument. You're better than that aren't you? You just said you didn't understand my position in your last post to me, but now before I even get the chance to explain it further to you in my reply, you now get my position? You clearly don't. understand my position, nor do you understand that questioning someones work ethic requires evidence, and that tweets to friends/social interactions isn't strong enough evidence to validly support such questions/concerns.

"We cannot judge people based on what they say or type" is not the same as saying that tweets aren't enough to determine if somone has a poor work ethic, especially when its someone you don't know, who you haven't talked to or discussed with. It's the same as eavesdropping, like you used in your hypothetical, and you don't seem to realize in that scenario the drawbacks to eavesdropping, which is that you only catch a fragment of the conversation and you know little to nothing about the people talking. Do you think based off just that someone can form a valid concern over that person's work ethic?

Archived