Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Player lead Minicamp 5/24/11

c4man5282

Athletic ability has nothing to do with coaching, I guess your blind hatred of his play the last few years makes you say this. I think he would make a good coach...:)

P.S. I think his play stinks also

Perhaps i'm a bit jaded by his horredous play. Perhaps I'll feel different once he's either cut or retires. But as of today, I don't want him to be with this team in ANY capacity!

Perhaps i'm a bit jaded by his horredous play. Perhaps I'll feel different once he's either cut or retires. But as of today, I don't want him to be with this team in ANY capacity!

Yep, watching him get shoved into the QB everytime the ball is snapped does make you dislike the guy, so I kinda see where you are coming from.

---------- Post added May-24th-2011 at 02:18 PM ----------

[/color]granthpaulsen Grant Paulsen

Audio being uploaded to @1067thefandc right now. Follow link to hear from Fletcher, Beck, Grossman, Hall & more: http://tinyurl.com/3ej7fyr

Thanks again to c4man and others for posting all the tweets. Not sure if others listened to the audio posted in the link above but a few of the things that I loved hearing.

D. Hall - talking about how big Kerrigan was -- I think he said he can't wait to see him next to Rak.

Rex Grossman talking about how "explosive" the rookie receivers (Hankerson & Paul) looked.

Lorenzo Alexander saying they put in 6 different defenses at mini camp today. He also had great things to say about Kerrigan and specifically how he looked floating back in coverage.

Chris Neild saying he's planning to break back the beard.

Hail!

[/color]john_keim John Keim

Niles Paul was excited to practice today: "Last night I couldn't sleep, I was so ready to come out here.' #redskins

That's really, really cool to read. Glad to see he's so ready to get his NFL career started. The more I read, the more I love this Redskins draft class. All of them are working their tails off to get ready.

http://twitter.com/#!/HichenbergSKINS

LOL' date=' that's my twitter. I'm glad Dan answered my question with a yes. I really hope Rocky re-signs with us.[/quote']

HIGHLY doubt it man. He is a really bad 3-4 ILB. Its awesome that he is there but its pretty much pointless. Unless we switch back to a 4-3 he is a goner.

Shanny and co are going to build this team right. Resigning Rocky would only hinder that. He drafted Riley and likes him a lot. Riley will get every opportunity to show what he has to start in Rocky's place.

Niles Paul is well-positioned to be a major man-crush for me, if there's a preseason...developmental skill player at a position of need? Check. Great measurables, and great size/speed ratio? Check. Hard worker? Check. Great character guy? Check. Says the right things? Check. Didn't get the opportunity to meet his potential in college? Check. Great ST player and blocker? Check.

Niles Paul is well-positioned to be a major man-crush for me, if there's a preseason...developmental skill player at a position of need? Check. Great measurables, and great size/speed ratio? Check. Hard worker? Check. Great character guy? Check. Says the right things? Check. Didn't get the opportunity to meet his potential in college? Check. Great ST player and blocker? Check.

I still stand by my claim that Paul can be a better WR then Hankerson and I have a huge man crush on Hank. Im REALLY excited about the WRs we drafted. Great value with Hank who was a first round talent, Paul who is very underrated because of his run heavy offense and lack luster QB play in college and Robinson who is a straight up burner in a June Jones run team who produced Emmanuel Sanders already. Much better then a one year wonder from Michigan State, a walking injury from Oklahoma and a un-needed TE from USC.

Glad to see Selvish is there....expect big things from him. Is Jamaal Brown still rehabbing?

He's a FA, so I don't think it would matter either way. He's probably not expecting to be back, whereas guys like Rocky and Rex are hoping. Some with more reason than others.

HIGHLY doubt it man. He is a really bad 3-4 ILB. Its awesome that he is there but its pretty much pointless. Unless we switch back to a 4-3 he is a goner.

Shanny and co are going to build this team right. Resigning Rocky would only hinder that. He drafted Riley and likes him a lot. Riley will get every opportunity to show what he has to start in Rocky's place.

"Really bad" is a gross exageration. Is he better suited for a 4-3? Definitely. Considering we had 1 legitimate 3-4 DL last season it's a wonder our LBers did as well as they did.

What makes you believe they like Riley a lot? His 7 tackles last season or the fact that he was active for 50% of the games on a team with a "really bad" starting ILB.

Stats don't tell the whole story but compare Rocky's to some other ILB's around the league, they aren't bad. You have to remember he was a career 4-3 guy like most of our players but he missed most of the offseason due to contract issues. Another year in the system and an offseason to work his body into the mold of an inside backer and he could make major strides. I don't think he will ever be among the top ILB's in the league nor do I think he is a guy we need to re-sign but "really bad" doesn't describe his game to me. At this point in time Riley and Henson are unknown's and McIntosh is the better option in a starting role. Hopefully if we let him walk one of them makes a major jump.

Archived