Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

tr1 might have been right all along about DeMarcus Ware...

Hitman21ST

More specifically, an old school Skins fan. He remembers and gets it...

I became a Redskins van when hating the Cowboys was not only a birthright but a requirement to remain in the family lol :ols:...being called a Cowboys fan was the worst insult you could be given among my 7th grade classmates...nobody dared say "I wish Roger Staubach was the Skins' QB"...older, more knowledgeable relatives would point out the flaws and weaknesses of Dallas players and loved seeing it when other teams exploited them, especially our beloved Redskins...George Allen never won a SB with the Skins but NOBODY claiming to be a Skins fan would ever think of trading 10 Tom Landrys for even one Coach Allen (and most of us secretly admired Landry)...

We didn't require 5 straight years of playoff births before we felt comfortable blasting the Cowboys. We were Redskins fans, and that was enough. And we got the same thing from Dallas fans...15-1 or 1-15, Cowboys fans would blast our team and fan base...and as a Skins fan you not only expected it, you enjoyed the challenge of defending your team and putting a "damn Cowboys fan" in his place lol :D...

Now? Now, we get way too many Redskins fans saying way too much of "I'd take Romo sits to pee on the Skins"..."At least the Cowboys have been to the playoffs"..."At least Jerry Jones has won some Super Bowls"...like any of that ****ing matters when it comes to our two franchises. Jeebus, put on a skirt and stop calling yourselves Skins fans if that's gonna be your take on things. :cool:

Nice job. You can't have God without the Devil. That's how I view the dynamic with Redskins vs. Cowboys. Both need a foil. This is a Redskin site, here Dallas is the villain. I know that going in. I still come here because there is good football discussion and there is also entertaining rhetoric. TR1 is entertaining. I don't always agree with him, but he is entertaining. He's the straw that stirs the drink here. That is not even debateable....

Nice job. You can't have God without the Devil. That's how I view the dynamic with Redskins vs. Cowboys. Both need a foil. This is a Redskin site, here Dallas is the villain. I know that going in. I still come here because there is good football discussion and there is also entertaining rhetoric. TR1 is entertaining. I don't always agree with him, but he is entertaining. He's the straw that stirs the drink here. That is not even debateable....

Amen :yes:...

And regardless of what some think, he DOES possess quite a bit of football knowledge, and his Dallas predictions are NOT simply "they're gonna fail lol" every offseason. I was impressed with the prediction of a 9-7, no playoffs season in 2008 after the Cowboys went 13-3 in 2007. I was impressed with his prediction of the Cowboys having a horrible year this season after they went 11-5 and supposedly kicked the December/Playoffs monkey off their collective backs. Actually, he predicted a total meltdown for 2009...guess he was a year off lol :D...but it could (and should) be argued that he saw it coming regardless of the hype and previous season's record. I was impressed when he went to CZ and started a thread declaring the Cowboys would beat the Giants after Wade was fired, and gave some detailed reasons why...damn near everyone over there either said he was delusional or that he was simply trolling and didn't really believe it...of course the Cowboys did win.

:yes: :cheers:...it's a rivalry and a feud. I hated having Norv as our coach not simply because he was inept, but because he was from the Cowboys coaching staff. :mad:

I don't want anything from that putrid franchise infecting my beloved Skins...

you got it, really do not care if they are good players or not, just being a part of that "franchise" is disease enough that i don't want them here. the minute i was explained the story of how they blackmailed us into becoming a franchise was the instant my disgust with them began. i'm sure they have "nice" people on their team, and some of my friends are crayon blue and silver fans....but that doesn't take away from their taint

Heh. I disagree with tr1 as much as anybody on what he says sometimes...(I even disagree a bit here...) But he's not an embarassment. He's got the Redskins in his best interests 100% of the time. Even when he has to turn a blind eye to reality. That's not my style, that's not the way I operate. Hell, it's not how most of us operate... But he's far from an embarassment.

He's a homer... Damn right. But he's a Redskin fan through and through.

Yeah, you're right. But its embarrassing to state as a "fact" that Carter would have had as many or more sacks than Ware. Its hard to take the guy seriously when he says things like that.

Yeah, you're right. But its embarrassing to state as a "fact" that Carter would have had as many or more sacks than Ware. Its hard to take the guy seriously when he says things like that.

I honestly don't think he believes half of the things that he writes, it's just part of his shtick to write outlandish things so that a bunch of Dallas fans lose their minds. Then he sits at home and drinks his wine and laughs at his computer. That's my guess anyway....

AC has played OLB twice in his career and has struggled both times to say the least.

Hating the cowboys is one thing.

Being unable to have a football discussion in the offseason without blinders is another.

It does not make you more of a redskins fan to not be able to have a real talk. It makes your credibility worse and hurts the entire fan base. Imagine walking into a sports bar and everyday some guy in team X's uniform is yelling and screaming about how bad HOF type players on team Y is, even when its basketball season.

Odds are that guy wont have much credibility and will make the entire fan base of team X looks worse and dumb.

On another note, most of these guys are good friends, and speak highly of one another, hell i bet Ware ends up pretty high in the player list voted on by the players. This should tell the doubters of Ware something.

Also, if the actual real life redskins, who go out there and fight for us every day, have enough class to know when an opponent is worth praise, it speaks volumes of the fans who dont have the same kind of respect. Ill say it again, if the guys who actually battle each other can speak highly of each other, and some people here can't, it is a real shame.

Rooting for your team during the game is one thing. Rooting against another team is the same. Being unable to have a real, rationale conversation when its all said and done, well that speaks volumes.

AC has played OLB twice in his career and has struggled both times to say the least.

How many times did he play within Wade's 5-2 version of it being utilized the way Ware has been, with players like Ratliff and Ellis playing alongside him?

Exactly. And that's the point being made.

Hating the cowboys is one thing.

Being unable to have a football discussion in the offseason without blinders is another.

tr1 has been right about the Cowboys far more than anyone in the media has. Far more than probably most Cowboys fans here have as well.

It does not make you more of a redskins fan to not be able to have a real talk. It makes your credibility worse and hurts the entire fan base. Imagine walking into a sports bar and everyday some guy in team X's uniform is yelling and screaming about how bad HOF type players on team Y is, even when its basketball season.

Does your computer have a filter that turns his posts detailing the reasons behind his opinions into asterisks or something? :ols:...I could quote at least 5 posts in this thread by tr1 where he goes into detail about what he means about Wade's scheme, quoting other sources who he feels validates his stance, where he goes into "real talk", as you put it...and you seem to think those posts are best summed up as nothing more than "screaming" about how terrible a "HOF-type player" is for no other reason than he plays for the Cowboys.

I'd worry about your own credibility instead of worrying about his.

Odds are that guy wont have much credibility and will make the entire fan base of team X looks worse and dumb.

Yes, because fans of other teams are too braindead to accept that this is one person giving one opinion...we all must agree as Skins fans to vote on which opinion we will express publicly lest skinsnshanny has a panic attack over how we may "all" be perceived. :thumbsup:

Rooting for your team during the game is one thing. Rooting against another team is the same. Being unable to have a real, rationale conversation when its all said and done, well that speaks volumes.

I don't think you'd acknowledge a "real, rationale convo" if it were presented to you by a naked Jessica Biel.

---------- Post added May-16th-2011 at 06:24 PM ----------

I honestly don't think he believes half of the things that he writes, it's just part of his shtick to write outlandish things so that a bunch of Dallas fans lose their minds. Then he sits at home and drinks his wine and laughs at his computer. That's my guess anyway....

I always thought he "overstates" certain negatives when it's Cowboys-related, but the core of his statements were based in sincere beliefs and some real knowledge of the game.

How many times did he play within Wade's 5-2 version of it being utilized the way Ware has been, with players like Ratliff and Ellis playing alongside him?

Care to respond to where Ware will be voted by the players in the top 100? Or Ware being graded as a top 2 pass rusher in the league (not on numbers, on grades, as in watching the play and grading how he does) or number 4 LB against the run?

Or the part about even his competitors and current redskins acknowledging he is a really good player.

??

So again, the guys who battle him on the field and sweat and bleed for us the fans, can give dap, but some of us can't, that speaks volumes.

Care to respond to where Ware will be voted by the players in the top 100? Or Ware being graded as a top 2 pass rusher in the league (not on numbers, on grades, as in watching the play and grading how he does) or number 4 LB against the run?

Or the part about even his competitors and current redskins acknowledging he is a really good player.

??

So again, the guys who battle him on the field and sweat and bleed for us the fans, can give dap, but some of us can't, that speaks volumes.

Califan responded to your earlier post quite adequately, so I won't address it.

As for this post, I love peer ratings...it's how the pukes managed 13 pro bowl players one year...:ols:

I know you like to put words in my mouth, either through design or lack of reading comprehension, but where did I say Where was a 'bad' player? You won't find it. He's a talented athlete who has benefited from scheme and good play around him. I've supported my observations with articles written by others saying the same thing.

But, you need to go back to school and take Fandom 101. It teaches that when speaking of a rival team, either point out the fallacies in their fans' belief system using observations and facts that are difficult to refute, or say nothing. Oh, and don't rely to heavily on stats. Stats lie.

So, again, answer my question: How many puke games have you watched eitvher live or recorded over the last, say, five years? I've seen them all...and, I basically tell you what I learn from watching entire games...not highlights, blusterous analysis or fan hype. And, I get plenty of my information from reading.

Give it a try. ;)

Exactly. And that's the point being made.

tr1 has been right about the Cowboys far more than anyone in the media has. Far more than probably most Cowboys fans here have as well.

Does your computer have a filter that turns his posts detailing the reasons behind his opinions into asterisks or something? :ols:...I could quote at least 5 posts in this thread by tr1 where he goes into detail about what he means about Wade's scheme, quoting other sources who he feels validates his stance, where he goes into "real talk", as you put it...and you seem to think those posts are best summed up as nothing more than "screaming" about how terrible a "HOF-type player" is for no other reason than he plays for the Cowboys.

I'd worry about your own credibility instead of worrying about his.

Yes, because fans of other teams are too braindead to accept that this is one person giving one opinion...we all must agree as Skins fans to vote on which opinion we will express publicly lest skinsnshanny has a panic attack over how we may "all" be perceived. :thumbsup:

I don't think you'd acknowledge a "real, rationale convo" if it were presented to you by a naked Jessica Biel.

---------- Post added May-16th-2011 at 06:24 PM ----------

I always thought he "overstates" certain negatives when it's Cowboys-related, but the core of his statements were based in sincere beliefs and some real knowledge of the game.

As for this post, I love peer ratings...it's how the pukes managed 13 pro bowl players one year...:ols:

I know you like to put words in my mouth, either through design or lack of reading comprehension, but where did I say Where was a 'bad' player? You won't find it. He's a talented athlete who has benefited from scheme and good play around him. I've supported my observations with articles written by others saying the same thing.

But, you need to go back to school and take Fandom 101. It teaches that when speaking of a rival team, either point out the fallacies in their fans' belief system using observations and facts that are difficult to refute, or say nothing. Oh, and don't rely to heavily on stats. Stats lie.

So, again, answer my question: How many puke games have you watched eitvher live or recorded over the last, say, five years? I've seen them all...and, I basically tell you what I learn from watching entire games...not highlights, blusterous analysis or fan hype. And, I get plenty of my information from reading.

Give it a try. ;)

this thread delivers, just when I think it's about to get boring you two put that kid over your knee, haha, great responses.

Give it a try. ;)

I cant claim to watch every single pukes game, but i watch nearly every one. Thats what i do on sundays, well most sundays. (I also have real life, grown man stuff to do at times in life)

and...no I did not rely on stats...relied on grades, you know watching each play and grading how the player does.

That a lie too?

So when our redskins give Ware dap, they are lieing? You calling our own players liers? No..

When speaking of fandom, you take this approach that a fan can't be a rationale, normal person. They have to be this hate the other side during the offseason and cant talk football like a man, type persona. If that is your idea of a fan, then good for you. That is not how i will ever view things.

Respect my man, You show it to the other side, they show it to you. The better side wins the game but respect all around. We are not 5 year old children. Ill say it again, these guys are usually friends out there but they battle and give it their all. They have respect for each other (most of them). The ones that don't like AH,....he must be your favorite player now that i actually think about it. But i dont want to get side tracked.

Its about respect. I respect the hell out of these guys as long as they act like men and perform on the field. I dont root for each of them, but when the season is over, I can look back and say, damn that guy was really good. Its apparent you cant. Thats cool. Thats you. That has nothing to do with being a fan though, nothing at all.

---------- Post added May-17th-2011 at 02:57 PM ----------

this thread delivers, just when I think it's about to get boring you two put that kid over your knee, haha, great responses.

Thanks for the input, really good post here. 26 and calling people kids, no respect for other players, other fans, or even fans of the same team. Thanks though, see you at fedex.

---------- Post added May-17th-2011 at 03:03 PM ----------

It took you many lines of text to get to this point. Why the need to overstate anything? Thats the difference between a rationale talk and an irrational one. Sincere beliefs dont make things true.

How many different coordinators' has ware had? Yet its all the system. What does the system have to do with his run grades?

Unless you want to add to a football discussion, then this is over, I thought you were able to engage in such, but all you have proven to do is ignore the substance of the thread.

Thanks for the input, really good post here. 26 and calling people kids, no respect for other players, other fans, or even fans of the same team. Thanks though, see you at fedex.

wow, lighten up francis, cry about it much? if you want to act like a baby i have no problem treating you like one. you have gotten thoroughly owned by tr1 and cali to the point your response, which consisted of you pretty much just talking in circles then crying, isn't even worth responding to. i'll leave it at that big guy.

So when our redskins give Ware dap, they are lieing? You calling our own players liers? No..

When speaking of fandom, you take this approach that a fan can't be a rationale, normal person. They have to be this hate the other side during the offseason and cant talk football like a man, type persona. If that is your idea of a fan, then good for you. That is not how i will ever view things.

Respect my man, You show it to the other side, they show it to you. The better side wins the game but respect all around. We are not 5 year old children. Ill say it again, these guys are usually friends out there but they battle and give it their all. They have respect for each other (most of them). The ones that don't like AH,....he must be your favorite player now that i actually think about it. But i dont want to get side tracked.

Its about respect. I respect the hell out of these guys as long as they act like men and perform on the field. I dont root for each of them, but when the season is over, I can look back and say, damn that guy was really good. Its apparent you cant. Thats cool. Thats you. That has nothing to do with being a fan though, nothing at all.

Players routinely say the other team is really good. It's PC. As much as it pained me to see D Hall and LaRon get torched by DeSean on Monday night, it was refreshing to see them smack talking like that.

Joe Gibbs used to say that every team the Skins went against had "22 Hall of Fame players" playing for them. So, do the players lie? Yes.

And again, tr1 has regularly said that Ware is a great athlete, he just benefits incredibly from the system he's in. That's not hating, it's actually showing respect. What you're doing is not showing respect by not reading through his posts and comprehending what he's saying.

Players routinely say the other team is really good. It's PC. As much as it pained me to see D Hall and LaRon get torched by DeSean on Monday night, it was refreshing to see them smack talking like that.

Joe Gibbs used to say that every team the Skins went against had "22 Hall of Fame players" playing for them. So, do the players lie? Yes.

And again, tr1 has regularly said that Ware is a great athlete, he just benefits incredibly from the system he's in. That's not hating, it's actually showing respect. What you're doing is not showing respect by not reading through his posts and comprehending what he's saying.

that may be more due to him receiving his education in philthadelphia

It took you many lines of text to get to this point. Why the need to overstate anything? Thats the difference between a rationale talk and an irrational one. Sincere beliefs dont make things true.

No, that's the difference between being a Redskins fan and merely a fan of football. Any Skins fan who does not take enjoyment from pointing out the flaws of the Cowboys and their fan base is little more than a milquetoast fan of football who happens to follow the Redskins more than other teams. You overstate certain things because it digs at rival fans, smacks them down, gives them a reason to love beating your team more and a reason to return the favor. And you do it within the context of "real talk", which is EXACTLY what's been done on this thread. If that's too much to handle for your delicate football sensibilities, I suggest you do yourself a favor and stay off of tr1's threads.

Being a fan is an emotional experience...and thank GOD it is.

How many different coordinators' has ware had?

Realistically? Two.

More importantly, though, is how many different schemes has Ware had to play in?

Why don't you engage in that "real talk" you're so fond of and show detailed examples of how the different coordinators and schemes utilized Ware differently to the point of him having to learn different responsibilities and change his style of play? You know, like how Portis had to when coming from Denver to D.C. or how Campbell had to damn near every season he was here.

Yet its all the system.

See above.

What does the system have to do with his run grades?

What do his run grades have to do with his being overhyped due to how many sacks he gets?

Unless you want to add to a football discussion, then this is over, I thought you were able to engage in such, but all you have proven to do is ignore the substance of the thread.

Again, turn off the filter that turns detailed retorts by those who disagree with you into asterisks. That's the only thing I can come up with to explain your continued desire to describe our posts as "ignoring the substance of the thread"...because NOBODY can be as obtuse as you are being and still be smart enough to work a keyboard.

Absolutely insane..............where this Thread has been and gone to. But i will say this, There are a few reasons to watch or tape EVERY DALLAS COWBOYS GAME:

1. you are a Dallas Cowboys fan (i can honestly say that i have missed at the most 7-8 games ...and at the least 2-3 games......in the past 5 years)

2. you are in the media and you have to watch them to talk about it and/or report about it.

3. you are a professional coach on the Cowboys staff and you have to grade out the players and review film for the next game.

4. you are a professional coach on 31 other teams and you need to study film on the Cowboys and/or their schemes, in preparation of playing them or an opponent in which they are playing against.

5. you are a professional Scout- and you need to grade out the players in order to resign them (or in the case of being a scout for a team besides Dallas) grade out potential FA's

I do not think there is any other reason to tape and/pr watch EVERY DALLAS COWBOYS game over the last 5 years.

I cannot and will not speak for any other Dallas fan on this message board, but i myself will say this:

I have never said that D Ware is anything but a pass rushing specialist (OLB in a 3-4) it is his job.

I never said that he is Revis in coverage. Or that he is anything more then just an average cover guy (for a 6'4 264 lb OLB (pass rushing specialist)

I never once said that he was as dominant in this sport as Ray Lewis, and most definitely NEVER compared him to LT or said that he belongs in the HOF

Last thing i will say...and this also speaks to the "rivalry" and how we AS FANS see the game.

Another Skin i have a great deal of respect for is recently retired Chris Sameuls. (however ya spell it)

After he retired i took place in a live round table discussion with a couple of Skins fans, a Ravens fan, a 9ers fan, a Rams fan and a few others that do not claim to be a fan of any specific team in the NFL.

We discussed his possible entry into the HOF. As I began to bring up the fact that he has been beaten (not "abused on a regular basis"...but beaten by Ware on many occasions, not just for sacks but in the run game as well and for many QB pressures, the Ravens fan stuck up for him to say (para- phrasing) "Ware beats a LOT of Tackles in this game and by no means is getting beat by Ware a bad mark against ones career, especially seeing that Ware is one of the the best in the game at his position. The Skins fan agreed. The other fans agreed...and after a while, I agreed.

AND the point is true, a lot of Tackles do get beat by Ware, and by no means is that something that will put a bad mark on your name in this league........

and this is another reason why i have a hard time believing that a lot of Skins fans feel this way about Ware. MOST Skins fans i talk to think the world of him...period.

What I take to heart in TR1's negative outburst against Ware is his saying that he is just an average player at best, and as he once put..."would be average if that" as a DE in a 4-3. Which he has a perfect right to that opinion..........but we do not have to agree with it.

Can someone please provide to me where any Dallas fans (on this board) has said that Ware is NOT A PASS RUSHING specialist??? This is not really an argument.......the argument is whether or not Ware is a good player regardless of the 3-4 he plays in.

I think TR1 and others are saying that he is just getting free runs at the QB therefore he gets a lot of sacks, and that is based on the 3-4 or Gosh dangit if you choose to call it a 5-2.....that Wade Phillips likes to use. has anyone decided to take a look at his highlight reels that are on youtube, to just see how many sacks he has that are free runs at the QB...or where he is matched up with a TE only or a RB only.....????

I tell you what you will see if you do....you will see Ware getting TACKLES and double teams.....and you will see him battle "chips" from RB"s......and you will see him come from both the strong and weak side.....

forget it........there is no winning in this debate, period! And the funniest thing of all is how right some Skins fans are in this thread...and because of that they have to have their fan card questioned........I personally think this thread has done nothing less then flat out OWNED TR1 and his tiny little fan club.

I think TR1 and others are saying that he is just getting free runs at the QB therefore he gets a lot of sacks...

Do you have to have the delusional mindset of a Dallas fan to reach that conclusion? :ols:...Because I have no freakin' clue how else anyone would or could interpret things that way.

Yes, AlBundyHighSchool has it absolutely right: the members of the "tiny fan club" of tr1 (see, there's no way in the world we could have a viewpoint on our own, we simply mimic his views in hopes of obtaining an autograph) have been saying over and over that Ware has gone untouched on damn near 98% of his sacks. And that on those rare occasions where someone does attempt to block him, most QBs fall on the ground anyway simply out of respect for such an awesome player.

And the gobs and gobs of objective, far more knowledgeable fans of football have been saying over and over that most offenses put 13 guys on Ware each and every play because, gosh darn it, he's such a superlative HOF player that it's necessary to sneak 3 extra players on the field each snap just to neutralize him...and he STILL registers around 20 sacks a season. That is, when he's not constantly tackling RBs behind the LOS on every other play or looking like Darell Green when he drops back into coverage. It's stupid to argue otherwise.

The oversimplification of someone's stance to make a point is actually pretty fun... :yes:

LOL. I always kind of doubted tr1 on this particular point regarding the Cowboys. But Wade Phillips has convinced me. He and tr1 really know what they're talking about.

Your sig makes me feel like I'm going to have a seizure.

No, that's the difference between being a Redskins fan and merely a fan of football. Any Skins fan who does not take enjoyment from pointing out the flaws of the Cowboys and their fan base is little more than a milquetoast fan of football who happens to follow the Redskins more than other teams. You overstate certain things because it digs at rival fans, smacks them down, gives them a reason to love beating your team more and a reason to return the favor. And you do it within the context of "real talk", which is EXACTLY what's been done on this thread. If that's too much to handle for your delicate football sensibilities, I suggest you do yourself a favor and stay off of tr1's threads.

Being a fan is an emotional experience...and thank GOD it is.

Realistically? Two.

More importantly, though, is how many different schemes has Ware had to play in?

Why don't you engage in that "real talk" you're so fond of and show detailed examples of how the different coordinators and schemes utilized Ware differently to the point of him having to learn different responsibilities and change his style of play? You know, like how Portis had to when coming from Denver to D.C. or how Campbell had to damn near every season he was here.

See above.

What do his run grades have to do with his being overhyped due to how many sacks he gets?

Again, turn off the filter that turns detailed retorts by those who disagree with you into asterisks. That's the only thing I can come up with to explain your continued desire to describe our posts as "ignoring the substance of the thread"...because NOBODY can be as obtuse as you are being and still be smart enough to work a keyboard.

Ok run grades have to do with how good the player is. This thread isnt just about Ware's pass rushing ability, actually it is about the opposite, it started with claims that all he could do was pass rush and was weak in other areas. You keep talking about a filter, if you can't see how the run grade is to his overall performance, then maybe tone down your filer.

Maybe the games are on to early in CA for you to watch? Maybe you like being a ricky, but whatever man. You can call it what you want, ill call it respect and ill show it to other players, they are men just like me (except alot bigger and stronger).

A perfect example is Ron Springs, RIP. Mad respect to that dude. Who cares if he didnt wear B&G. That dont make him a bad dude. It doesnt make his passing any less sad or any less easy for his family. I take no joy in seeing other people stuggle and that includes dallas cowboys (aside from the sunday when the games are played.) but when the game is over, i can respect those dudes. Im not saying you dont have to, but dont call me any less of a fan of the redskins because i can appreciate other players too, that aint right.

Keep up the good work.

---------- Post added May-17th-2011 at 11:07 PM ----------

wow, lighten up francis, cry about it much? if you want to act like a baby i have no problem treating you like one. you have gotten thoroughly owned by tr1 and cali to the point your response, which consisted of you pretty much just talking in circles then crying, isn't even worth responding to. i'll leave it at that big guy.

If gettin owned is proving that multiple people who grade every play rate Ware in the top 2 of all pass rushers and in the top 4 of all LBs on non-passing plays, sure i got owned. Thanks for playing.

Archived